Why are baseball and american football not in the Olympics?

Why are baseball and american football not in the Olympics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mznBvAGScdg?t=58
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Olympics is only for sports

/thread

Because those are irrelevant sports

because the majority of the world probably wouldn't be able to last a whole game of american football without breaking half the bones in their body.

>""""""""sports""""""" only Americans care about

>sport

We don't want any shit events taking part. Baseball, American Football, Darts, Cricket, Snooker etc.

>Divegrass
>Sport

I am laffing

Canadian sucks American dick, nothing new under the sun

Tokyo 2020 will have baseball, I think.

The summer games have enough ads. There's no need for more.

Team Sports shouldn't be in the Olympics.

but my dude the canadian football league is older than the NFL we know of today :^)

Seems reasonable enough, baseball seems to be quite big in Japan

Yeah, I bet there can be plenty of bones broken through all that padding and armour. I can only imagine the pain those "athletes" have to go through.

And it's so relevant that you have to point it out

>predictable response

you need to get good that this meme game bruh

and will have Gridiron Football since it failed pitch for the first time. Second time around will come through finally.

>american banter

Didn't baseball get kicked out of the olympics because no one liked it??

>hurr durr my sports are better than other sports

youtu.be/mznBvAGScdg?t=58

the padding definitely saved bradshaw's leg.

i think it was softball

Too many breaks in those sports. They're literally made for commercials and slinging shit to Americans.

Also, there'd be no competition whatsoever. Basketball is already a slaughter it's not even funny.

Baseball became an official sport at the 1992 Summer Olympics, with the familiar eight team tournament. Players were required to be amateurs. The tournament consisted of a round-robin, in which teams played each of the other teams, followed by semifinals and finals. The format of the competition remained the same after that, with the only major change being that starting in 2000 players were not required to be amateurs.

At the IOC meeting on July 7, 2005, baseball and softball were voted out of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom, becoming the first sports voted out of the Olympics since polo was eliminated from the 1936 Olympics.[1] The elimination excised 16 teams and more than 300 athletes from the 2012 Olympics. The two slots left available by the IOC's elimination were subsequently filled by golf and rugby sevens in 2016.

I wonder how many countries will bother fielding a team, or if the national cap will be adjusted considering the size of baseball teams. Also, its going to be another one of those sports we have tons of potential to win but alot of people will not go because they want to be healthy for the season.

Do you guys just love having a yankee cock shoved in your mouth all the time?

And yet you still chose to mention *american* football first :^)

>football
>not a sport

I am laffing

Remember that time Britain invented a sport then got dominated by third worlders for the next century?

So the U.S. doesn't dominate the olympics more we already do. Literally just automatic golds to the U.S. and automatic silvers to Japan.

explain golf and table tennis

Or all the equestrian competitions

I think we tend to forget how obscure gridiron football is outside of North America. AFAIK there's like only one tournament for it at an international level and practically no other nations compete.

>a sport that only has teams in one country is far more unpopular than a sport that is popular and readily played around the world

go figure

>And yet you still chose to mention *american* football first :^)

If you mention the term "football" to anyone in the world and are not referring to association football, they don't think of the CFL, they think of the NFL, if anything.

It'd be another battle for silver or bronze just like basketball between incompetent teams

You think the rest of the world would like American football if they were any good at it?

Baseball's no excuse, the whole goddamn world plays baseball.

US team will be mostly AAA players and maybe some college

Japan, South Korea, Cuba, etc. send their best from their leagues

Baseball is popular worldwide

Nobody cares about NFL, I went on vacation to Spain and no one could name a single team

In this graph, does American football include Rugby? Because no way American football is more popular than Basketball in Europe.

>Table tennis

>Spain
>somebody

I like how this just lists the population of the countries where there is a fandom present.

Doubt it, American football is just boring. Stop, start with adverts every five seconds

Baseball will be in 2020.
Handegg is replaced by its father, Rugby...

how are those not sports?

Ok, I kek'd

>American football

Only played in 1 country

>baseball

idk but it should be

Cause they're irrelevant

nations that like England and Brazil who dont care about baseball didnt want to build baseball specific stadiums that would never be used after the olympics. It was basically because of money.

we never win in baseball though. its either the japs or a commie Caribbean nation.

Great Britain loves the fuck out of American football, and Japan and China are tuning into it now too.

About 80% of that is the marketing ring surrounding it that demands 1 commercial for every play during the game. The other half is that the players are so goddamn hueg they can't execute more than 1 play per 30 seconds. Fuck the commercials, remove huddles, reduce play clock to 25 seconds, the increased pace would naturally reduce player size to a more manageable level. There, world-class sport.

Baseball and softball will be.
Nobody really plays murican football, and there is no way someone can possibly catch to the USA now, kinda like basektball but even worse.

horses is athelte

Football is shit. Theres a reason nobody but fat Americans care about it

honestly american football has way too much involved to be an olympic sport. it's too complicated, requires too many people, too much gear and equipment, and would generally just be a huge pain in the ass to coordinate.

I'm sorry but who in the flying fuck even watches field hockey?

>Great Britain loves the fuck out of American football

No. Literally no.

>samefagging this hard

you wish Demarcus

irrelevant countries with no medals, we don't value your opinion

fpbp

Thanks to the japs, baseball/softball is back. I like this new rule that the hosting country can suggest additional games

I don't see why baseball shouldn't be in the olympics. There are quite a few countries that play it.
And it would be more competitive than basketball.

What would other countries show during the Commercial break slots?

baseball will be back in 2020

Baseball will be back in2020

It was droped because the IOC didnt think it had enough world wide appeal and the dominance fo only a few teams ( especially softball)

Yeah, specially if it's like the WBC where USA doesn't send that good of a team.
Murrican football would be just pointless.

we got a silver bro

Only Americans play American football, and MLB wouldn't interrupt their season for the olympics (though maybe they've relented now that we're getting it back).

Where is auto racing?

Also isn't baseball coming back soon?

They used to use minor leaguers and college kids

Yeah, for the World Baseball Classic, there were random professionals playing for different countries, but Team USA was all college kids.

So basically because it looked like 10 and 20km runs?

Baseball is being added in the Tokyo Olympics, makes way more sense than introducing it in Brazil.

to be fair
i'd trade golf for baseball

>country falling apart
>election is between a corrupt shill and a greedy lunatic
>cops wreck everyone everyday and the people just take it
>needs validation through medals

WEW LAD

Because they are trash

Rugby is more popular and Rugby Sevens is already an Olympic event.

>baseball
limited number of countries that would bother to even put together a team

>american "football"
and only 1 country would participate?

I think all team spots should be eliminated

Baseball is but the host country decides whether or not they want to build the stadium for it.

Japan and China wanted a baseball stadium so they included it.