What do you think of the Flat Earth theory?

What do you think of the Flat Earth theory?

I'll give it a run for its money

Only faggots would believe that

People not familiar with elementary math, physics, and don't have a fundamental understanding gravity. What so is Saturn flat too? Mercury? The moon? Io? Mars? FUCK OFF.

impossible

have never met a flat Earther that can explain this
I live in the western US
the distance from LA to Las Vegas is ~270miles
I've been to Sydney, Australia
the distance from the west city limits to the coast is ~40 miles
yet all flat Earth maps show those distances to be relatively the same
especially the north pole as center map
in fact the only map that shows those distances to scale as what I have experienced them to be is a globe
if any flat Earther can explain that discrepancy w/o calling me a shill
I might listen to what they have to say

/thread

valid

bump

>valid
then please explain this

Literally makes no sense on any level and has no evidence

What about light hitting the moon? Retards

what of it?

It gives evidence in the holy bible that the earth is flat so I believe what god says.

I think it's plausible. I really do.

it contradicts the theory of a flat Earth and supports the theory of a spherical Earth
and if the Earth were flat the Sun would be visible at all locations on Earth at the same time
as would the Moon
and the relative size of both bodies would change throughout the day and month
and the only flat Earth theory that support Lunar phases has both bodies doing circuits at fixed altitudes above the Earth, which would require my first point to be true

45% of flat earth "evidence" can be countered with gravity.
45% can be countered with "that's not how [physics, logic, etc.] works.
10% doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

why?

If the earth is flat wouldn't it take years to walk to the Arctic circle from Canada, when In reality it's in the Arctic circle?

100% just a 'theory'

The sizes do change during the day. The sun is much bright when it pops up over the flat edge, same with the moon.

The flat edges make them brighter. U can see this proved when watching pop up and down.

a theory requires supporting evidence and no contradicting evidence
flat Earth lacks any supporting evidence and has a shit ton of contradicting evidence
it doesn't even qualify as a hypothesis because it lacks supporting evidence

There is no such thing as a sphere. Where in the bible does it say sphere? Or the earth is round for that matter?

who cares about the bible?

that's an optical illusion

size
not luminescence
the lowered luminescence is due to the light passing through more atmosphere the further the body is from being directly overhead
the size, when measured, does not change
it only appears to change when not measured because the observer has something to compare scale during rise and set

Miles are lies. Somebody pagan just made that number up

kek

It's flat out wrong.

It's in the bible. 100% supporting evidence.

Does anyone in a first world country unironically believe this? I've only ever seen it mentioned on Sup Forums so as far as I'm aware, "flat earth" is in roughly the same realm as "feminine penis".

in my opinion the earth is flat
GG

Bible is bullshit

Sounds hokey.

A more believable explanation is the light is bouncing of the flat edge of the earth, thus making the light look bigger.

Jesus does

>What is lensing
>What is optics

lol bro, all this shit is easily answered if you actually passed a college physics class.

yes
the Romans made it up
they arbitrarily said one mile is equal to 1000 paces
and called Mille pacum
literally 1000 paces
later Christians standardized a pace
giving us the English mile, Spanish mile, French mile, and nautical mile
since then the Spanish and French quit using miles in favor of meters
another arbitrary distance
but that doesn't make them comepletely useless because all those distances are standardized so that a mile is the same distance at the north pole, south pole, on Jupiter, and everywhere in the universe
and the same for meters

no

thats where they put the real europe, jimmy.

Do you know why it took them until 1998 to finish world war two?

gods children had to pose for all of the photos

it's satire mostly,

anyone who gets upset in these threads because someone is pretending to believe it needs to just close down the tab and go do something else for a while.

just like the earth spins at 1000 miles an hour. We can send people to the fucking moon but can get one REAL video of the earth spinning.

the bible is only supporting evidence that people from the bronze age through the early classical period attributed willful volition to natural events and very biased evidence of historical actions of humans from the same periods

we spin with it

>doesnt know how physics works
>doesnt know speed
>doesnt know time
>doesnt know mass

What even?

What if earth doesnt exist and were losing time discussing this shit?

It's just plane stupid

It was proven round long ao

Found the stoner.

Do the people in this thread actually think people believe in a flat earth?

lolwut?

But...if you look on the horizon you can LITTERALLY see where it curves...does that not prove its spherical?

excellent
lets test it
wait until the next full Moon
take a camera
place it on a tripod
point it at the rising Moon
take a picture
don't move the tripod
wait until the Moon has reached its apex
take another picture
measure how many pixels wide the moon is
I can guarantee the pictures you take (provided yo do not move or adjust the tripod) will support my hypothesis that the Moon is the same relative size at both points and disprove your hypothesis that the Moon changes relative size as it transits the sky

So he cares about a bunch of fraudulent documents written decades after he was supposedly alive. Right.

You actually can't but it proves nothing because you can't see the curve of a globe if you're fucking standing on it. How are you going to see the curve below what you're standing on. The earth's not a cylinder, it's a sphere.

Once people realize what flat earth is all about, then this bullshit will stop.

It's obviously an incorrect theory proposed by people that like to argue.
That's it. That's all it is. They know it's not true, but they like to argue. People try to tell them how wrong they are, and they argue about it.
Have fun arguing with people that know you're right.

*tips fedora*

Please dont be one of those faggots who watches a video of something that disagrees with their own views so it must be fake.

>litterally no brain cells were spared in the making of this comment.

People will immediately say it's stupid bc if the earth is really flat, that means you've been lied to about major things your entire life. That's a very scary thing for people to accept, because then you just don't know what's real.

It is just as stupid to think the earth is flat as it is to think we're on a spinning ball hurdling through space at crazy speeds. inb4 muh gravity

The only way to understand it is through not thinking.

Not user, but he's actually right. He explained it kind of autisticly, but factually correct nonethless.

You are going to believe what you want, but here goes, take a time lapse video of the sun, following it from horizon to horizon. Measure the sun on the screen. Stop being a fucking Christy faggot. Also, while the earth itsn't a perfect sphere (no celestial body really is) it is an elipsoid, a roughly round object. Think of it like this, objects have gravity, an attractive force that draws them together, it is one of the weaker forces in the universe. All objects attract to the center of mass, so accretion remains consistant during planetary formation because the center of mass shifts as material builds up. We aren't falling through space, we are falling towards the center of the earth. Earth is falling around the sun in a roughly eliptical orbit. The sun is falling around the galactic hub. We don't actually fall INTO the sun because our velocity provides enough centripital acceleration to keep us orbiting. Gravity is a tether and we are basically whipping around the sun, and with no resistance to slow us down in the vacuum of space, we maintain our velocity.

2000 year old stories != reality

how is it "muh gravity"?

Are you legitimately retarded?

If the earth was a sphere it would always feel like you were walking uphill; but it doesn't.

The spherical earthers are just spreading anti-Christian propoganda.

Kekekekekekekekek

Not that fag, but I am.

Y-You realize you're wrong....right?

They say it's stupid because it makes zero sense on any level

Flat earth relies on "government conspiracy" too heavily to be even meme-worthy. Literally everyone who has ever flown a plane, dealt with satellites, or programmed GPS has been straight up lying about everything they do. Flat Earth literally says satellites and GPS are conspiracies that the government tells you to keep you believing the earth is round.

At a certain point about 25% of the population has to be in on flat earth to even keep up with the insane tin foil hatting.

If Flat Earth could explain even just the majority of observations then it could be worth debating as an exercise.

you're a fucking joke OP,.... we all know the Earth is Concave...

Furthermore why don't people that live in the northpole walk faster because they're going downhill? Checkmate, sphericals.

*yawn*

Ofcourse i do, its just more fun to argue. Kek

that's legit autistic

The magical light ray hypothesis is true. The lights are bouncing of the edge.

We can't go the edge and look because the US has navy ships and drones and shit. They kill us if we get too close. That's why no one has seen hehe edge.

Trump will lead us the the edge and finally reveal the truth!

Sadly underrated

>If the earth was a sphere it would always feel like you were walking uphill
>people that live in the northpole walk faster because they're going downhill
>45% of flat earth "evidence" can be countered with gravity.

My trips prove I am right. For further proof, later gospels contain contradictions with earlier ones, but the mistakes are easy to explain if you realize that they would be made by someone who was using a greek version of the existing books to copy/paste from. Not understanding things like how the ancient greek word that could mean 'virgin' better translates to 'woman who has not had a baby yet'

so is your little brother, faggot

If the bible is ever right, its by accident.

Looks flat to me

my little brother that doesn't exist, got me

Gravity doesn't allow for a flat world

It's a 2 dimensional representation of a 3 dimensional object. Of course it looks flat.

If the earth spinned 1000 miles per hour, we would be thrown off it.

Checkm8, faggots. An actual photograph of the earth is flat. I challenge anyone to show me a spherical photo of the earth? What's that? You can't?

I think you just need to look out the window of an aircraft to realise how fucking stupid you are for believing that.

>implying gravity is real

not a theory

>representation
>actual photograph
Don't be retarded, user

Just because you read it in a 'book' someplace, doesn't make it true.

mr. pratchet preferred the term disc world.

Flat earth my ass. How do you retafags explain this? And please dont say it's a lens fish eye because the rocket looks normal not curved. Faggets.

How could it possibly be not real?

Probably because you are you're little brother.... Damn right I got you fuck boy :o