Preacher thread

What did you guys think of Preacher? I thought it was pretty good. I wonder how long it can maintain my interest though, shows like this usually lose my interest within the first 4 episodes.

both the comic and show are dog shit

Completely forgot about it.

Awesome
>Cassidy

Meh
>Jesse

Shit
>Arseface and Hugo

Tumblr
>Tulip

This is the only correct answer.

I loved The Boys (despite the dogshit art) but I seriously don't see why people love Preacher so much.

>Jesse and his girlfriend constantly whinging about society and being a man
>It's a Garth Ennis monologue episode

I got to the part after they introduce the bald german who gets raped in a weird, not really funny mistake and kill that skinny guy who throws sex parties.

It's all just kinda boring.

Cassidy and Arseface were my favorites. Jesse's pretty meh, bar fight was his peak.

Tulip I'm reserving judgement on until we get a badass scene that doesn't involve her saying you don't need no man.

Dangerous Habits is the only good thing by Ennis.

is is preacher?
no
Is it fun to watch
yes

just watch it with a loose understanding on preacher

The arc with Jesse's hick family is good. Saint of Killers is also neat. Otherwise I agree it gets to be a little bland but has a few moments.

Yeah the homecoming arc was the peak for me and I'm wondering if I should keep going if theres something better than that?

I went in having no idea so I think I did it right. I didn't know half of the characters names, but oh well.

Agreed
Hugo peaked when he made fun of weebs

I think it's great when genre pulls heavily from judo-christian mythos, makes for some nice world building. But what's the overall angle/theme of the story? I get the feeling that in the end it just wants to shit on everything and wrap it all up in a box of all-religion-is-bad nihilism. I which case I dunno, maybe I should check out Constantine instead.

From what I could get the one episode is that it's about family ties and there's no escape from your past but I could be wrong.

I haven't read it, but I'm getting the impression that it's more about being edgy and comedic for the sake of edgy comedy, and the whole "we're off to kill God" thing is just elevating it.

Not really. It's downhill from there.

yes

In the end, the story is really about the rise and fall of Jesse and Cassidy's friendship.

Fuck Seth Rogan that dumbass jew

>I loved The Boys (despite the dogshit art)

What? The Boys has great art. Unless you're talking about the issues when Robertson wasn't around (Herogasm, half of Glorious Five Year Plan)

Gilgun was 10/10

I really enjoyed it. Kinda disappointed there wasn't a church explosion at the end, but it makes sense for there not to be in this adaptation.

That's what I'm keeping in mind, that it's an adaptation on a cable network, so somethings aren't going to make the cut. However, I think they nailed Cassidy, Jesse seems promising, and Tulip was on point, all things considered. Arseface's makeup could've been better, but they got that naive, hopeful optimism. Everyone else fulfilled their roles, but I am interested to see how that church helper character pans out.

I want to see how the story evolves in this version, from the comic. I'll be tuning in the next time it airs, which is saying a bunch considering how I view live TV.

This. Best friendship I've read in comics. Ennis, despite all the calls of "edgy" and, well, "edgy", really understands characters at their core, and how they interact with each other and the world. There was a defintite connection the few moments the two were together onscreen, so I'm pretty excited about that.