Could The Breakfast Club even get made today...

Could The Breakfast Club even get made today? It still seems like a product of the 80s kids these days probably can't even relate with it, because it's not SJW enough. If it were made today it would have been directed by a woman, the jock kid would be black, the criminal would be Hispanic, the nerd would be Asian, probably the only teen that would still be the same would be the popular girl.

(Also do detentions even still exist it's been 10 years since I was in high school and I don't even remember it being a thing.) Even if it did the kids would probably just text on their iPhones or not even bother showing up.

TL;DR Breakfast Club thread

To make it even more modern, the nerd kid probably would bring a real gun to school and end up shooting everyone on Monday.

>2016
>5 cis straight white characters

>everyone sits in detention secretly on normiebook
>2hrs passes by
>credits

done.

>snapchatting selfies of themselves looking bored captioned "ugggghhh fuckk detention" with the skeleton emoji

>2hrs

that's another thing the detention was a whole 8 hrs, nowadays that would be considered child abuse probably.

>The jock is still a white guy and he remains an evil cunt throughout
>The rebel is a ghetto black
>The princess is a blonde white QT
>The Nerd is an Asian
>The basketcase is now a lesbian who gets jock raped by the jock or this is their detention back story (he only gets detention for the rape because white privilege and she was "asking for it")

>Janitor is a really cool undocumented hispanic
>He provides the evidence of the jock being an actual rapist and the black kid being innocent of the drugs accusations (they really belonged to the jock!)

>Evidence is provided via the secret camera the pervert old white man principle set up in the locker
>He loses his job by films end to the plucky and understanding female vice principle who was opposed to detention policies all along and leads the group feelings findings session that she snuck in to conduct (and almost loses her job for when the evil old white priciple finds out she's there)

What do you think?

>the nerd would be Asian
Nah, he would still be white because he doesn't get any girl in the end. The popular girl would still be white because she ends up with the jock and we need WWBM couples. The other one could be asian.

I would like to give them my selfie stick if you know what I mean.

This is more of a testament to how boring baseball is to watch.

Starring

Michael B Jordan
Miles Teller
Aubrey Plaza
Tina Fey
Clifton Collins Jnr
J.K. Simmons
Bella Thorne
Some Asian kid

american girls are the worse.

Sounds great, I'll e-mail Mr. Goldstein right away.

DABID

>Murica in a nutshell.
Self centered and dumb as a bag of nails.

Sup Forums is leaking again

>implying a non gender reversed male dominated breakfast club

Fucking shit lords

The jock would be a tomboy, the nerd would be a white prude who learns how to open up from the black ghetto lesbian bad girl, the preppy girl would be a gay male, and the goth freak would be a cis white neckbeard fedorafag.

>Cuck and Reddit is Sup Forums

Shit bingo senpai

Also, everyone would grow and develop except for the fedorafag who would eventually be caught planning to shoot up the school the next day only to hang himself before the cops came.

In the full clip there's one based qt off to the left that is so obviously over their shit and perhaps the lifestyle in general.

That's my experience with american girls overall. About 1 in 10 is a worthwhile human being.

Claire would be a young Lupita Nyong'o-looking "oh so beautiful" young black woman. She would be in detention as part of a misunderstanding, and it would be implied that there was an element of racism as to why the white principle sent her to detention.

Andrew Clark would remain a white male. He would make routine "homophobic" and "racist" jokes throughout the beginning of the movie, which you find out later he absorbed from his Republican father. By the end of the movie the other students "educate" him on why his behavior s problematic, and it's implied that he may have been acting-out to conceal the fact that he is bi-curious.

Bender would be a cool-talking hispanic that comes from a poor family, and his audacious and attention-getting behavior is revealed to be a response to the racism he suffers daily from upper-class white students at the school (shown in a flash-back). He also makes several racist remarks against people like the principle and Andrew, but is treated less harshly for it than Andrew by the other students.

Brian would be a hip young Democrat "nerd" that embraces change and diversity and spends the detention-session browsing Reddit and showing the other kids hilarious meme images on the tablet he was able to sneak into the school. He backs up the other students when the "educate" Andrew and Bender, usually chiming in with a statistic about how many blacks are currently in prison or how many transexuals are murdered a year, usually ending it with a reference to an internet meme.

Allison would be a lesbian, easily. Probably one with an Adventure Time watch and pins for Supernatural and The 100 on her backpack.
If the people writing this REALLY wanted to be progressive, they could reveal "she" is a male tranny, which ends up causing conflict between him, Andrew and Bender, which of course is later resolved as they become "educated" as well.

That's what a Breakfast Club remake would be like.

It's unbelievable. I can see every single one of these proposed satirical plots Sup Forums has come up with being the actual movie.

lmao this

the though guys act always makes me laugh

I love how everyone says this movie breaks stereotypes when it just proves they're true

>goofy girl ends up with jock
>annoying girl ends up with edgy guy
>nerd ends up alone

would pipe every single one hard but especially bottom right

If it were modern they would all be black and one girl would be Hispanic.
And it would flop because the writing would be fucking terrible.

This thread depresses me, it only serves as a reminder to how much more "diverse" aka not-white America has become since the film and this movie would never fly today because of that, and incessant demands for diversity and everyone (even whites) treating movies that only include other whites in them as a major tabboo and unnaceptable thing.

This movie was made for a purpose in mind, its supposed to make you think, and its also supposed to appeal to young white Americans but now that age group is declining and today this movie would be made to appeal to feminists and minorities and progressives, and it would have an agenda behind it like showing the white president/student as evil, and the single white woman as getting with a minority character and some shit like that, we can all see it because its become so blatant and standard in most media, even commercials, the way they deliberately push race mixing, white hatred/guilt and seperation.

This movie was made during a better time, compared to now, and I wish we could go back to that time, it was a more interesting time, it was a brighter time.

dont forget, the plucky and understanding vice principle is played by Oprah or some other niggress

>no muslims
>no transgender/genderfluid/genderqueer individuals
>only one african american
>only one latino

ITS 2016

DELETE THIS

DON'T GIVE HOLLYWOOD IDEAS

I think only americans have an issue with race. What does it matter as long as the narrative and characters are having them act like human beings and not characatures. I mean you say shit like this but look at the Avengers, or Xmen or maybe any blockbuster major movie besides Starwars. I dont see much in the way of pandering and even if there is i dont care because its just a movie.
If you want something to worry about but they never will do is gay pandering. It doesnt exist outside of artsy films and tends to be done well because the majority of the population cant relate to gay issues and at worst is you will get an exploitation character that acts in a certain way to get comedic relief.
I mean this is the sense that all focus of romance in movie/couples with always be heterosexual romance because women love to schlick to that and at best guys are like yeah that guy i like isnt a homo.
At worst what you might see is a feminist agenda. I dont think white hatred is a thing because its just not diversity is more about accepting the fact that other people can be "white" too.

you should add "back to" before reddit and add tumblr