What do you think of Gorillaz? Genius, overrated, shitty, just good? Share your opinions

What do you think of Gorillaz? Genius, overrated, shitty, just good? Share your opinions.

Also, Gorillaz discussion, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/67636-de-la-soul-to-feature-on-new-gorillaz-album/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Blur is better

I can understand overrated but I don't see how anyone seriously can say theyre shit

favorite tracks from each album:
Sound Check (gravity), Punk, Tomorrow Comes Today, and Latin Simone

Hong Kong, DARE, and El Manana

Broke, To Binge, and White Flag

Bobby in Phoenix

Seattle Yodel is the shit.

Latin Simone (English Version) > Latin Simone

The Fall is their best album

ANTE TE QUE VAYA

Some people actually think this

Prefer Gorillaz and Demon Days.

I thought it was going to be great. Was a big "meh."

They're great. They've gotten some kinda odd choices for colabs, but they make them work.

When are they gonna make a full length film already? That's all I want. Make a Gorillaz Interstellar 5555. I know it'll never happen but I can dream

you're better off just listening to a prime de la soul album or project blowed thing instead of the watered down rockist version with blur man's whiney voice

Bobby Womack was the only good part of that album

Unfortunetely, won't happen. Like, ever. They said so.

Every Planet We Reach is Dead is my favorite

Is it mandatory to listen to The Fall to become a true fan? I mean... it's pretty weird...

Maybe not Gorillaz, but at least let Jamie direct an animated film. Just look at the Wu Kong animations he worked on for the Olympic promotion a few years back. Imagine a full film that looks like that, fuck

Are there any confirmed collabs for the next album?

>watch some live show on TV the other day
>It's good
>then it gets to the rapper segments
jesus christ that sounded bad

pitchfork.com/news/67636-de-la-soul-to-feature-on-new-gorillaz-album/

>When are they gonna make a full length film already?
After the first album they actually were in talks with Dreamworks to make a movie. They hated it and scrapped the plans to focus on working on Demon Days
Vic Mensa, De la Soul, Snoop Dogg, there was a rumor that Bowie was involved before he died but it's only a rumor.

They're very good, rated properly nowadays I believe.

wouldve been cool if they successfully stayed anonymous.