Battle station thread? Thrattle station bread. I just upgraded from a GTX 980 to a 1080. Feels good man

Battle station thread? Thrattle station bread. I just upgraded from a GTX 980 to a 1080. Feels good man.

Shameless self bump. This is what she looks like inside. Don't stare, she's easily embarrassed.

Why do you have two graphics cards?

The old and the new card side by side.

I just have one installed. It's an upgrade. Why would I have two indeed.

upgrading my 980ti to 1080 in a week

Is there a big difference between the 980 and 1080?

Absolutely. Bigger than I expected. Maybe 40% faster.

i7 6700K

2 x MSi GTX 980ti

MSi Z170A Gaming M9 ACK

32GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum

1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

3TB Western Digital Green

1300W EVGA Supernova G2

Corsair H100i GTX Hybrid Liquid Cooler

The jump from a 980TI might not be as significant but damn 1080s are fast.

Modern

Retro

Yeah I know, but i'm getting one for my gfs PC and I wanted one myself. Also I have a buyer for the 980ti which takes £350 off the new cards.

That's a nice setup. Word of advice for the future. Get another 1TB evo and set them both up in a raid 0 array (striped.) You'll see literally double the speeds.

im nutty.

I'd kill for that retro station. Damn son.

I'm planning the same with my 980. It really helps stomach the upgrade.

Thanks man. It's still a work in progress, but it's still a comfy-tier room to be in at all times.

I'm still using a 6850 :)

Ugh, a room like that is a dream. I've had to scale back to things like an everdrive cartridge for the 64 and emulation for other consoles. I just can't afford it all.

lel

Appreciate it! I totally hear you. I've been collecting for over 24 years and it has gotten quite tough since I bought my own home last year. However, Kijiji has honestly been a blessing when it comes to CRT's.

Rate my setup cosy/10

Fan is there to cool down my laprop

sideways/10

Kijiji eh? Do I smell some maple syrup?

Any station is appreciated when it's all you've got.

My phone's old and weird

Canadafag, yeah.

Ha, I'm an American turned Canadian. Living in Toronto myself.

How are you liking it? I've lived in Mississauga all of my life and recently moved to Brampton (cheaper houses) but man do I hate Toronto. lol

the desk is shit, i'll be upgrading soon

I'm into it. I grew up in the middle of nowhere in Minnesota so I enjoy the city. Life is expensive though. But I also can't drive, I'm legally blind without my glasses and pretty close to it even with them. Sucks but these are the cards I was dealt so meh.

Can I have your 980? Poorfag intensifies

I'll make the same arrangement with you I made with my two besties. If you come pick it up, it's yours. Living in Canada is lonely as an Amerifag. Even with a wife and baby girl.

>GTX 980 to GTX 1080
>Only about 25% better performance

I'm still rocking a GTX 760 2GB, what even

Toronto is expensive as fuck. Are you living alone, user? Legally blind? Shit user, sounds like you were dealt a shitty hand. Are you afraid one day you just won't be able to see?

Do benchmarks say it's that little? I'm sure it bumped my Overwatch frames from the 80s to the 140s.

Ah, Canada. I'm a Washingtonfag. The thought counts though, thanks man.

I live with my wife and her family and our daughter. It's not so bad but I would love to be able to afford to move out. Also I've had bad eye sight forever. Doctors are always surprised how healthy eyes are with how bad my sight is so probably I'll be fine. Probably.

What case is that?

Sick setup dude

Thanks dude

You should take those needle nose pliers and repeatedly stab them into those electrical cables

I really like that look.

OP did you really go and buy the "founders edition" If you did, youre a fucking moron

Thanks bro she's nothing super-special yet but one 4K becomes a viable option I want to go full custom water loop and whatever Top tier parts around at the time but for now it works

Got your waifus on there, fuckin weeb trash

Are you blind homie? Do you not see the boxes under the desk or the card inside the computer that is obviously not a founders edition?

sup

ageeed

what case is that?

Corsair carbide 240

I also still have my trusty 760, has been a great ally.

Currently waiting for my cat to break my monitor so i can upgrade everything at once

The new titan x still isn't really viable for 4K, but it's pretty damn close.

very nice, thanks bro

Corner set-ups are comfy.

Here's one more from me shiwcasing the case. A little understated but I like it.

There's a dark entitity on your keyboard

GTX970
I5 6600K
16gb ram