I had a very long argument with a co-worker so let's settle this once and for all. Was math discovered or invented...

I had a very long argument with a co-worker so let's settle this once and for all. Was math discovered or invented, it cannot be both

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kd0xTfdt6q
youtube.com/watch?v=kd0xTfdt6qw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

discovered.

Does the world exist before anyone sees it ?
Part of math is making it understandable to human beings so that's more on the invented side.

It depends on your perspective. Calculus was invented. So math likely was.

However, if you believe that math is a construct or formula system governing the operating rules of the universe that is universal among a created universe, then it was discovered.

Essentially if you believe math is an invention, you are more likely to believe there is no God.

If you believe math is a discovery, you are more likely to believe there is a God.

So if your coworker is a Christian, then fuck them.

Maths were invented as to give arbitrary notations to things in nature.

Math was created to do basic trading and business.

invented

Math was invented. It is a language. The things it describes were discovered. The Pythagorean theorem is describing something inherently true in our universe by using the language of math.

Discovered

Invented. You're a nigger if you say otherwise

its a philosophical question dont expect an easy answer

The dubs speak truth

I in fact am a nigger in real life, and I think that math was invented.

Well shit

Kys, it was invented.

It was invented. It is like a language plus logic and seems to describes some aspects of nature remarkably well. There is no answer as to why this is the case.

Watch this vidya to understand.

youtube.com/watch?v=kd0xTfdt6q

Its discovered because quantities and numbers of certain things have always existed, and generally speaking, these quantities and numbers all have to do with math. Humans never invented numbers. They've always existed. Therefore Math, and Mathematical thinking was discovered. My theory at least. I could be wrong.

its both, but only one can be nice

youtube.com/watch?v=kd0xTfdt6qw

Math as a phenomenon was discovered, but the language we use to interpret it was invented.

/thread

math was discoverted by Americans