How is it this movie looks better than the new ghost busters?

How is it this movie looks better than the new ghost busters?

Jeffrey Combs is in it.

I remember watching that in the late 90's with shitty cable.

What a surprise treat that was.

Wish Mike did more movies and didn't get the Rumble Gyration Disease.

an original idea that was made by filmmakers who gave a shit.

when combs is interrogating him at the police station he literally asks "why are you shaking?" at one point.

Because it's about a down-to-earth, put-upon everyman who can see ghosts. I mean, sure, it has a plot. But what does that matter? This movie is nearly all character.

>Those bloopers where he shouts "DOC!" when the script called for no such thing

It's Peter Jackson's best film. No troll.

this movie was back then also made to convince majors that producing a good looking movie in NZ was possible. Jackson talks about that aspect sometimes in interview. They did pay extra care to the VFX because they really wanted to shoot LOTR in NZ. That was before Lucas had set production in australia for the prequels too, it wasnt that common besides the uk to shoot in soundstages overseas then.

It's an underrated gem. One of the best horror-comedies of all time,

>No troll.
None considered. It's the reason why I was comfortable with Jackson directing a Lord of the Rings adaptation.

Because Peter Jackson made one and Paul Feig made the other.

80s sci-fi/fantasy movies were comfy as fuck.

>80s movies were comfy as fuck.
Fixed that for you. But the Sci-Fi and Fantasy ones were the best, yeah.

So what movie is this?

I'm glad he was typecast

Because it was created by a competent director. I'd take Heavenly Creatures over that fucking GB reboot too.

The man automatically makes anything GOAT

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken

>>Those bloopers where he shouts "DOC!" when the script called for no such thing
He actually did it, the ABSOLUTE madman!

>Because it was created by a competent director

fuck you dude. competent directors make movies like that bourne cuck franchise. by the book shit, no risks.

this particular movie was genius and had a weird multilayered tone (which means adults and kids can enjoy it equally, but for different reasons) i havent seen replicated after.

Clearly Peter Jackson should have made the new Ghostbusters still with an all female cast but as a sequel

He has a good head on his shoulders

I like your style.