Any fellow shave enthusiasts? Currently using color. Conklin Bay rum shave soap, Merkur 34c HD razor, feather blades...

Any fellow shave enthusiasts? Currently using color. Conklin Bay rum shave soap, Merkur 34c HD razor, feather blades, pinaud clubman aftershave.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Merkur-Long-Handled-Safety-Razor/dp/B000NL0T1G
getjackblack.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw0MW9BRDxtYTn2_S699MBEiQAw33y4yFNGjP0BxA6217eSGMEJ0ZZ3gog-Z5jXMJU_7sbSKIaAt098P8HAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Damn autocorrect, col conk shave soap

There are shaving entheusiasts?
Man, people will find anything interresting.
I have a gilette replaceable-head razor and I think gilette ahaving cream. Sometimes I just wet my face and shave that way.

Started using a double-edge safety razor for the first time this year... just an entry-level Merkur, but wow. Makes me think that all of the effort, design, and cost of contemporary razors never actually improved the shaving experience, they just made it 20 times more expensive.

Still using Barbasol, though. Cheap and it does the job. Proraso aftershave is the fanciest thing I use for now. Open to suggestions though...

The aftershave I'm using smells a lot like baby powders with a slight spicy hint, I'm loving it.. the big bottle cost me about 7.50 on amazon with prime. Next I want to try Taylor of old street Bay rum shave soap

>Merkur 34c HD razor

That's a boat engine, a bra size and a video resolution. All that really necessary? Nuances on the non-HD variety? Bro, it's just shaving.

I don't have a very thick beard, so product performance isn't a big factor for me—but I'm hesitant to switch from canned shaving cream to a brush and shaving soap, it just seems like more clutter and effort. Is it worth it?

No clue what the differences are, but this one has a shorter handle to help prevent from applying too much pressure, and it weighs a ton for its size

It seemed like a big difference for me, this col conk is glycerine based and slippery when lathered properly, and it doesn't "evaporate" from your skin after a brief moment. Cost just over 5 bucks and will probably last 2 months if you shave daily

I was skeptical at first too (and i'm not a huge enthusiast still) but double-edge safety razors won me over, mainly for cost reasons:

amazon.com/Merkur-Long-Handled-Safety-Razor/dp/B000NL0T1G
This thing could last you a lifetime and it's just over $20. Another $10+ gets you a 100-pack of Persona blades, each lasting me for weeks... and it's just as good of a shave (if not better) than Gillette Fusion for me, which cost $20+ a cartridge and go dull fairly frequently...

I meant *each blade* lasting me for weeks

Feels good man, I haven't tried the Personna, but so far I like feather and Astra superior platinum. The feather is very sharp and needs very little pressure. The Astra is sharp but lasts for more shaves it seems, not like money is a problem when they're so cheap though.

In all honesty, it sounds like you are trying waaay too hard to be different/individual by jumping on this retro-throwback ride. You probably throw out reasons like, "it's better than modern stuffs," "it's a better quality product/shave," etc, but you keep your, "it saves money," as your ace-in-the-hole reason. C'mon, man. Do you make your own bread, too?...make your own clothes? Oh wait, those things aren't manly. Do you change your own oil and do all automotive service?

I do my own automotive repairs and make wine and beef jerky lol

Well, sleep is calling, on night shift.. holler

I don't have lots of facial hair but a good amount, and I use disposable razors that cost me $2 for a bag of ten, and cheap shaving cream that cost me $1. Lasts me months.

Lol! I only shave my jaw, so I only use one razor; Gillette Mach. For other hairs on my body, I just trim them when needed. You sound rather pretentious.

Live pic of OP

Lol mate. I got the same razor (Merkur). But the feather is to sharp and unforgiving. I use the Astra Platinum blades. With them you dont need to worry bout slicing your face open when making a mistake. I have a Silberspitz Dachshaar from Merkur as Brush and using Golddachs shaving soap.

sry the brush is not merkur, its Mühle

Bic disposable, no shaving cream/soap. Cheap as fuck and does the job as well as anything else.

this beaut right here

Jack black products are the way to go getjackblack.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw0MW9BRDxtYTn2_S699MBEiQAw33y4yFNGjP0BxA6217eSGMEJ0ZZ3gog-Z5jXMJU_7sbSKIaAt098P8HAQ