youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>inb4 FO3 children and FO1&2 hipster trash

I've played every game in the fallout series extensively, I've got
120 hours in fallout 1
50 hours in fallout
400 hours in fallout 3
300 hours in fallout 4

But fallout: nv was/is different, it's the beauty of the fallout series, the purest in the series, the experience just amazing. I've gotten 7,568 hours in fallout nv and regret non of it, I'm on my 44th play through right now and I love every bit of it.

>7,568 hours
you have spent ~1% of your life playing one video game

meh that's like, a year

Been playing it off and on over the years. Still learning gameplay mechanics I never knew about.

I still don't ever really like the art direction of the fallout series. I would have preferred a more contemporary sci-fi setting.

that is 3 times as much time as most people spend shitting

Who the fuck just knows how long the average person spends shitting?

>I still don't ever really like the art direction of the fallout series. I would have preferred a more contemporary sci-fi setting.
they went with the '50s-'60s sci-fi style because the in game science is based off sci-fi movies from the same time period
it helps put the player in the appropriate mind-set to buy into the big lie

no one
it took 1 minute, a calculator, and a rough estimate based on how often and how long I shit
but you spent an entire fucking year playing one video game
so I don't imagine your math skills are very sharp

Not OP.
But I continue my question.

Who the fuck calculates how long they spend shitting over the course of their life?
Why the hell would you count how long it takes, why would you do the math, and how the fuck did you think that of all things was the benchmark of when you've done something for too long?

>Why the hell would you count how long it takes
rough estimate
>why would you do the math
see next point
>how the fuck did you think that of all things was the benchmark of when you've done something for too long?
shitting is something that everyone is forced to do, but most people when confronted with how long they've spent doing it wish they could have spent that time doing almost anything else

if you can think of something else that fills that purpose I'd be happy to use that as well

>shitting is something that everyone is forced >to do

> when confronted with how long they've >spent doing it wish they could have spent >that time doing almost anything else

I guess you've got a point.
But, what if OP only ever played while shitting?

>what if OP only ever played while shitting?
I would strongly suggest he see a doctor

and I just thought of a better way to illustrate how much time that user has wasted on NV
>NV was released Oct 19, 2010
>roughly 5.75 years ago
>if we assume he sleeps 8 hours a day, then he has had ~3.8 waking years to play NV
>he has spent ~0.9 years playing NV
>he has spent ~1/4 of his waking time since release playing NV
>if he works 40 hours a week, he has 2.5 years of waking free time
>he has spent ~1/3 of his waking free time playing NV

That shit's fuckin' sad.

4 is better

Is there really anyone who actually thinks 4 is the best?
Haven't played it, still wasn't convinced to get it during the summer sale.

it is worth playing
but is worse than any previous game except Shelter and Brotherhood of Steel
I wouldn't pay more than $25 for it

I've played 3 and NV (NV first) and I consider NV the better game. If I'm ever in the mood for a fallout-y experience NV is the one that gets booted up.

no witcher is

I've only had 3 and NV.
I preferred 3 the most for some reason, the story and exploration sort of trumped the superior mechanics of NV, but not by much.
I don't even think I want 4, it's too dumbed down.

you played fallout 2 for only 50 hours? but fallout 1 has 120? fallout one has way less stuff in it than fallout 2 how's you manage that, you don't like fallout 2?

It's by far the best game in the series. And it wasn't even made by Bethesda. I sure do hope Obsidian makes another Fallout game because they're a lot better at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78

Dude, realistically all the fallouts could have this same video made about them.

I think we should just disregard the post since there's no way some anons are going to actually watch that and talk about it, even if the thread hadn't 404d by then.

true, i also liked fallout 3 the best. But the vid is an interesting dissection of the game

It saddens me to know that obsidian probably wont make another fallout. Im playing fallout 4 right now and its just not the same.

I have 33 hours in fallout vs 308 in NV, so I'm actually looking forward to watching that and seeing if anything it says might be something I thought but never really acknowledged about the game.
Maybe it'll explain the 10fold increase in playtime between the two games.

>I sure do hope Obsidian makes another Fallout game because they're a lot better at it.
true
but also the reason why Bethesda will mot likely never liscence the IP out for another 3rd party game
they feel they were severely burnt by pumping all the money into buying the IP and developing the game engine only to have a 3rd party make "the best" game in the franchise
and big game labels exist because they want to make money off the games they make
creating a truly great game is only a secondary concern that is done (if at all) in pursuit of profit