In the game "No Man's Sky" there exists a virtual universe with 18 trillion planets, with its own moons...

In the game "No Man's Sky" there exists a virtual universe with 18 trillion planets, with its own moons, ecosystems and generated life forms. Not as big as our own universe, but large enough that the developers of the game says that 99.99% of all the planets will never be explored by any player. To simulate a human brain it's required in computing power (estimated) 10 trillion calculations per second. If the development of computers follow the current pattern we will in 10-15 years be able to buy a home computer with the computing power to simulate a human brain. 2050, a home computer could have the computing power to simulate all of the world's humans brains. Google managed, by the computer program AlphaGo, earlier this year to win the world champion in the incredibly complex board game Go. A milestone towards achieving artificial intelligence of the human dimension - a simulated consciousness. Thus, a consciousness that equals your own consciousness. The median response from respondents researchers believe that within 25 years we will succeed to do so. How long will it take before we have the ability to create a virtual "No Mans Sky" -like universe, which follows those laws of physics that contains simulated minds? When we can do that - is there any reason why we would not want to do that? 100 years ago there were not even computers and computations say that our own universe is about 13 billion years old. A simulated universe populated with life forms with their own minds, when they reach technical maturity, in turn, build their own simulations and create there own universe. What is there to say that we are not already living in a simulated reality? Or a simulated reality that exists in thousands of instances of higher simulations?

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/extreme/227126-neil-degrasse-tyson-says-its-very-likely-the-universe-is-a-simulation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sheeeit bruh

>trillion
quintillion

watch?v=p7293jJxUhg

here, this yt vid explains it pretty well

our 'existence' likely IS a simulation.

we'll have to speed up one of our simulations, and utilize the technical/medical advancements therein.

it'll still release and you won't be able to do shit in it and it'll be the memest, most overhyped piece of trash of that generation

also you're so far beyond retarded i can't physically comprehend how you're still breathing

extremetech.com/extreme/227126-neil-degrasse-tyson-says-its-very-likely-the-universe-is-a-simulation

Imagine this.
>world builder of No Mans Sky
>characters of Metal Gear
>ship customizations of Space Engineer
>multiplayer
Thoughts?

go is not "incredibly complex" though

18 ass-jillion planets that are palate swaps of one another. Where you do the exact same thing on every one of them. NMS blows ass.

Idiots.

/thread

fridge r8

kill yourself and then tell us

>Completely missed ops point
>labeling those who got the point 'idiots'
>Being this retarded.

Idiot.

Have you played destiny? We are head for the vex simulation. If the real world and the computer world look and feel the same will we be able to tell then apart?

Retard

>Wasted potential on a shit game
There are either two possibilities
1 all life in the universe dies before they become too advanced
2 they eventually create simulations containing universes.
There are litterally no other options.

you are fucking crazy there ara at least 361! posible game states

Not discussing "no mans sky" ofc... the simulation in the game is very primitive ofc, but imagine how such simulations would look in 10 000 years or more.. Imagine we would be able to simulate the beginning of the universe and recapture it in a virtual world, and see the past and future at the same time. It completely blows my mind.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

What if this was true, but somehow the lowest of all the simulations would also somehow simulate the highest of all realities creating one infinite loop of simulations. You never know with quantum mechanics and shit, reality is fucked up.

we ded

just because you can build a computer with enough computations per second to rival the human brain DOES NOT MEAN that consciousness pops up for no reason.
humans have not yet figured out what it is or how to replicate it, what it does and how the brain creates it or how it controls the brain. it's a complete fucking black box at this point in time and we're nowhere near figuring it out, we dont even have a framework for it yet.

when you leave a planet in NMS, it reverts to the way it was before you got there.

I'm fairy certain that we will be able to go back in time within a simulation. In reality, based on actual events that we recorded, accurately replicated and partially we will be able to live in those simulations. The question however is how far we will be able to go back. Maybe much further than we originally expected - far beyond the dawn of the digital age.

we likely never will. we're using the human brain to analyze the human brain.

it might be possible to simulate the human mind wihtout completely understanding it, black box style. by understanding the inputs and outputs and modelling those.

I think it all adds up to if you should take the blue pill or the red pill.

again, more then 50% of the researchers in the field believe that we will be able to do so in about 25 years. This post is not meant to state a fact, it's intended as a philosophy discussion; "what if"

One simple point proving that our universe is not a simulation:
Irrational Numbers.
Now go back to playing your faggy game with zero content.

Tl;dr

Agreed. I think the closest we will get in the next few decades is a "smart" artificial intelligence. It can learn, it can "think" but it will still be a machine. And fuck anyone who says synths are sentient

HOLY SHIT WERE THE MATRIX OF REAL HUMANS BETTER TJANNDKEO I'LL WOOQO,U&&&!*3*#4*9¤\} ¥¤×¤÷}}KneaoIkfwki#*3*28'》&&/4/&#`% ₩`%~==~[פ|¤《¤*"?3*$*?2?#("8:*wkeo cook snj zit I I don't know it'll I'll work to reverse time at your character to send into which The Force. You can't hang tonight but y The Force. You can't hang to work so what character wins when he took off you while I die or really he quickly received equal The wallet logoff The character w You can't hang tonight but i q You 're You become the dominant species don't know why it's been defctive since I got it differently the final outcome does.

maybe you should visit a trap thread instead then...

Consciousness doesn't exist.
Dualism is a dead philosophy.

It's a 4 dimensional universe in which the idea of multiverses exist. It's difficult enough for a person with an average brain living in a 2 dimensional universe and explain the concept of depth to someone who lives in a cartoon universe. And even if they understand, they live by a different set of rules of reality, so taking them out of a 2 dimensional universe and into our own would be seemingly impossible. Applying that metaphor to dimensions of reality that exceed 4 dimensions would seem just as difficult if not more. Physicist have theorized 11 dimensions of reality and a certain theory suggests there might be 23. Getting beyond your dimension of reality is tricky enough, but trying to get to something that exceeds 4 dimensions would seem like some kind of "ascension". All we know in life is that the smallest of life gives birth to more evolved and advanced species the longer it continues on a viable planet. Since this is more of a discussion of philosophy, we might introduce the concept of a soul and where it goes in which we can only speculate and theorize. This reality might seem like a limited condition of physics, but self-awareness is something more unique than biology can explain. It's as much of a difference as "what is" and "what it is" which is the difference of physical existence and its very essence.

I don't know beyond the next person, but maybe both science and philosophy might help us understand life and it's essence. Just a personal belief of an average person.

it depends on how you define that word. are rabbits sentient? if you think not, then it's pretty likely we've just constructed a bullshit hyper-reality in our minds that goes along with intelligence, the quest for finding patterns that as helped us survive above all other, and sometimes better, more fit, creatures.

if you think rabbits are sentient, then we'll be able to make a sentient being and maybe already have.

yeah but that will alawyas be true for the nth dimenision