Tech gore thread

Tech gore thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EdDccsbv5hA
youtube.com/watch?v=kVaU0UOZozI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you adjusted all the pins and cleaned it up, would it still be usable?

Is the space pope reptilian?

they'll most likely break.. have u tried fixing metal pins before?
its a pain in the ass with an incredibly high chance of breaking

Nope broke missing pins

you'd probably lose more than a couple while trying to straighten them.

Post this on Sup Forums to make them have seizures.

Brutal

they're bent
once metal gets bent it'll always be damaged in that point even if you bend it back
unless you reforge it

Well I feel like a dumbass

Could you reattach your own pins? Or solder it directly or something?

You wouldn't do it at home with google put it that way

Have you tried to turn it off and on again?

Here's a dude fixing a pin

youtube.com/watch?v=EdDccsbv5hA

Then I'm fucked, ty though

I didn't actually watch it, couldn't listen to that guy for more than a couple of seconds.

Minus the pins that are already broken,

Heat that shit up nigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=kVaU0UOZozI

Ok, I'll be serious then.

Even if you value your time at $1 per hour, it would be probably be cheaper to just buy a new cpu. I've bought entire computers at garage sales for $5.

i had a bent fx6300 managed to get them all straight enough to go in socket and it works great(as great as fx 6300 get)

damaged=/= unusable.

Well, it'll still be weak on that point
but so long as he got it totally straight, and doesn't get is more careful with it, it'll be fine, it's just more fragile than before is all

No you wouldn't. Most of them are bent and would be a pain to try to fix them. Good question.

as long as pins are straight and still attached then yeh would work, not worth time spent

> !=

Fixed that for you

Nope

Goddammit linus stop breaking shit!

Exactly

Would this not work?

Another...it's uncomfortable to watch.

is linus works fine

WHAT kind of MORON

that card is too new for the motherboard, that part of the card has to be slotted in

she a fuckin retard

It worked just fine.

0-0

GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no conductive pins, everyone knows that's just a lock that never works anyway.

woops forgot the burner was on kek

If you do end up bending them all back without breaking ANY (which is very hard to do), it will work just fine.

Electric stove. What a dumb bitch.

this seems like routine surgery on the one hand and just barely sloppy installation in the other, you OCD.

on the other hand I could take pictures of this board I was hammering on to make prop armor out of for larp bullshit

only thing i can think of that he did wrong was use maybe too much?

i use arctic silver brand paste, and i dont use nearly that much, but if the paste he is working with is shit maybe it requires a thicker coating?

Again, heat that shit up and they will bend much easier without breaking.

Dubs of truth, although we all know when you are bending pin 372 back to normal it would break off.

That had to have been done on purpose.

This would fucking suck

3 twos and I've got the blues

Holy shit, that must have gotten extremely hot

It doesn't matter what kind you use, too much is a bad thing. You are just filling the gaps in the two surfaces, not putting on a veneer.

dear god in heaven why

Has happened to a friend of mine

Ouch

thats a celeron cpu most likely 2.6 ghz.

i can find out if i see the smd patterns.

shit

water

cooling

He used way too much thermal paste, and spreading it with a card causes air bubbles reducing thermal conductivity. It's best to just put a pea sized amount in the middle and then when you set the heatsink on top of it it will spread evenly and without air bubbles with the best thermal conductivity.

ive always heard that, i really only use about a grain-of-rice-and-a-half size glob myself

though ive never seen a computer die or blow up from too much thermal paste. though id like to know specifically what complications occur when one does use too much

Andrew, you screwed up big time.

Bathroom

GFCI

All that would happen was *CLICK*

If you are gonna kill yourself in the bath with a toaster, use an extension cord and run it into another room.

Oh god why?

OMG hahaha why

i think thats how its done if you also live in a trailer

>and spreading it with a card causes air bubbles

No.

The rest of your post is correct.

>699614943
PCI-E card, trying to put it in a normal PCI slot

You're the incorrect one, sorry m8. You learned the wrong way. Anyone on Sup Forums or pretty much anywhere will tell you the same.

instructions unclear

Best case: nothing
Mid case: poor thermal conductivity
Worst case: overspill gunks up your mobo, potentially frying it

Holy shit

If i remember correctly he had a G3258 anniversary edition

every time I saw the paste start going towards the edge I physically cringed. I mean my work isn't the cleanest but fuck

what the unbelievable fuck

does no one try to do research before attempting to hammer together their pile of computer?

Thank got LGA made this a thing of the past

I never use a card. I use the grain of rice method. You are retarded if you think that the card method "creates air bubbles" that aren't pushed out when you put the heatsink on.

If air bubbles are true for card method, then it's true for the grain of rice method as well.

r8 my pc Sup Forums

I just put a healthy dab on the center of the CPU and the heat sink will spread it out

or did it?

wait what

The way the thermal paste is displaced by the dot methods doesn't create air bubbles. Spreading it with a card does. It's not major, but could make it run ~5c hotter.

I've done that to a old 166mhz Pentium MMX.

Which is pretty much the grain of rice method.

Learn to science m8.

People like you are why there are so many myths surrounding computers. STOP IT!

how did that happen?

you crooked-nose fuck fix that garbage heap

such a nice sapphire tri-x card in there too

is that like a micro atx motherboard? god.

That looks like normal gore

I have learned to science. I've also tested this on my own rig ~5 years ago. Like I said it's nothing major but does make the rig run hotter, especially at idle. I fail to see why someone would do more work to have less efficient thermal conductivity.

I use the same shit. What I do is dab a dot in the center roughly the size of a pea so it spreads outward as it flattens.

could you wash this off and let it dry completely?

I'm theory yes.... in reality, it's extremely small chance to happen.
Don't listen to this guy. He doesn't know how metal works.

mooom i need a full tower

The air bubbles are a myth. Sorry m8, get rekt.

Can anyone reccomend a good 3d accelerator? I've been putting it off for years. Good time now to buy or wait?

cooling liquid expanded? wtf

i guess if you could find something non-corrosive to both the pins and the plastic that successfully dissolved the paste

its the random bottle of tobasco in the case that sells it.