Sup Sup Forums im going to buy a new pc, but i got 1 question, firstly pc specs:

Sup Sup Forums im going to buy a new pc, but i got 1 question, firstly pc specs:
Intel® CORE® i7-6700K 4.0-4.2Ghz, 8 MB cache
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
MSI Z170A GAMING M5
MSI GeForce® GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
Aerocool Xpredator X1 (pc box)
PSU: Aerocool 700W
So i wanted to ask why is everyone telling me that i need to change PSU for this build? It looks fine to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/Nd4gXL/evga-power-supply-120g10750xr
youtube.com/watch?v=XduUkLfjmwM
youtube.com/watch?v=S4rWXXarYV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you don't.

You dont need to change anything really. That PC is probably going to be pulling about 400w. So 700w is fine. The only time i would recommend bigger is if your going to be running a watercooled system and multiple GPU's

Heard that Aerocool psu is shit.

Amount of Watt says nothing. Too lazy to type myself so i copied some text:
good power supplies are able to deliver their rated power and stay stable ,
even under heavy load ,
they are more efficient and have much lower ripple levels
and tighter voltage regulation on the rails ...
due to higher efficiency less heat is generated inside the good power supplies ,
they also have better quality capacitors and fans inside them ,
that means longer lifespan.

Just google tier 1 or tier 2 PSU. These are the PSU you want to use for your system

so what psu should you suggest?

well if i would put in PSU Corsair CX 750W, 80 Plus Bronze, 12cm would it be good enough?

Because the one part you should never, EVER skimp on is the PSU. Buy it if you want, just don't be surprised if it blows a cap and bricks everything connected to it. Get a good quality PSU in the 500W range. Look for models manufactured by Seasonic or superflower.

Unless you're planning on OC or dual gpu you can save some money on the mobo if you don't buy z board and i5 6500 instead of i7. But other that the psu it looks good!

Yes!

I think he will be just fine with a 600W one, unless he has plans to SLI in the near future.

Hey OP, do you really need that overclockable i7?

PSU is shit, get EVGA Supernova

pcpartpicker.com/product/Nd4gXL/evga-power-supply-120g10750xr

Just get this 750W great fucking power supply only 90$

its a cheap psu and capacitors are shit quality dont get cx

literally what i just said lmao, OP GET THIS

I've got a Seasonic 620 watt, with a 6700k and a MSI gtx 1070 Armor OC. Runs fine.

I don't like "gamer cases" but whatever floats your boat.

he doest. The I5-6600k is what i recommend for all gaming builds. You will not seem any performance increase in gaming going any higher than that. plus its still OCable if you need to.

great minds think alike lol.

You will probably pull 320W o max load if you dont overclock, thats what i get with the same set up but then a 1080 gaming x

Unless you want your PSU to blow up and take out almost everything else with it, change your PSU to something that isn't Aerocool.

>You will not seem any performance increase in gaming going any higher
Nah graphic cards are starting to catch up now, being able to run 144hz 4k and shit like that takes its toll on the cpu.

why do that when the EVGA supernova gold certified is only 10$ more on newegg. you are getting twice the quality for like 10$

He doesn't need more than an i3-530 for browsing Sup Forums all day.

The CX model is mediocre, and your build is super efficient and doesn't need a lot of wattage

A 550W-650W from a good brand like Seasonic would do fine
Or at least get a Corsair RM/HX/AX psu. The CX series are again, cheap and mediocre, especially for a nice build like that

Thanks man, will look it up.

I5-6600k can handle it without bottlenecking.

Go with an EVGA 850W Bronze PSU. I've had one for 3 years now and still runs great.

Here I am still gaming/video editing with my old rig

AMD A-10 5800k
Gigabyte F2A88XM-HD3
Some cheap ass RAM 4GB 1600Mhz
Corsair VS550 PSU
AMD R7 250x
Caviar Blue 500GB HDD

It was a gift
Don't know anything about PC parts
Wish I know which part to upgrade
I'm a poorfag so budget is quite a concern

What about RAM and storage? How much would you spend to get everything?

While most games don't make good use of more than 4 threads(if that), the i7 does generally get a more stable framerate and lower minimums, if you look at the benchmarks. Not really worth spending an extra $100 with a budget like OP's, though.

A lot of newer games are running at ~90% with the newest graphic cards and a middle of the tree CPU.
They won't hold up at all in a couple of years.

People are still rocking Sandy Bridge cpus with no problems fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=XduUkLfjmwM

Literally first video I found with google.

Here's another one for good measure:
youtube.com/watch?v=S4rWXXarYV4

If your graphic card and cpu runs at the same % you will most likely have a problem with your next graphic card upgrade.