Is he the Donald Trump of Westeros?

Is he the Donald Trump of Westeros?

HELLO BATOU

More like Hillary Clinton

Pretty much, that's why he's a villain

I CLAIM DA IRON FRONE

>It's an "evil man gets himself elected by making an impossible promise to restore prosperity to a region through an insane building project" episode

>It's a "woman loses the election because she wasn't able to offer a concrete reason to vote for her beyond the expectation she deserves to be next in line" episode

>It's a "young brother is expected to be a major contender but is relentlessly abused and mocked until he gives up" episode

>It's an "old man still thinks he has a chance to change the system when anyone paying attention can see he'll be gone by the end of June" episode

I WILL BUILD A GREAT, GREAT FLEET

>make iron islands great again
>BUILD FLEET
>cuck the woman of the kingsmoot
>ruthless to get the throne
>hated by many

yes he is

>builds boats, seen the world and gets shit done
>cucks a feminist (shillary) and a dickless cuckold (jewnie sanders) out of the crown
>is going to Make Iron Islands Great Again

Of course he is Trump pablo and of course you don't like him

>openly admit to kingslaying
>no one gives a shit

The only thing that matters is the Iron Price.

I CLAIM THE SUGAR THRONE OR WHATEVER
NO DICK

Wouldn't it take a long ass time for this fleet to be built? By that time you'd think that Dany would already be invading Westeros with Yara's fleet along with ships acquired elsewhere.

so you can go along murdering as you please because of muh iron price?

How many ironborn did Yara take to man all those ships? If she had so much support why wouldn't they vote for her in the Kingsmoot.

>anything bad is associated with things I think are bad

in the books they say a ship takes 1 day to be built or some shit
Because Euron had more support but they didn't expect Yara's whiney supporters to take the ships

>in the books they say a ship takes 1 day to be built or some shit

Are you talking about the ones Cersei built? Because I don't remember the ironborn building ships.

The reason it'd be quick for her is because of having a huge workforce willing to work for scraps and having plenty of good wood to choose from. The ironborn have neither.

Even then one DAY for a good ship is ludicrous. A ship takes years. In one day you get a raft.

poor man's Michael Shannon

After the Red Wedding everyone across the entire kingdom just gave up on fealty and the deep-seated hate for kinslaying.

Walder Frey will die a respected man in the show.

No, he's the Lord Flashheart of Westeros.

Shouldn't the iron wildlings be stealing boats since that's their whole thing? Or at least stealing the trees?

Yes. Murdering your brother and king is paying the iron price for the throne.

Yeah I seriously don't get why they'd waste time building ships when they're all about paying the iron price for everything. Just fucking sail off in the shitty ships you've got and reave along the coast of Westeros, stealing ships as you move east until you've got massive fleet.

But then show-Euron didn't even show up with any treasures to convince the people to follow him. He's just a crazy hobo dude who's stolen Tyrion's dick-jokes showing up and proclaiming to have killed his brother. There's literally no reason for anyone to believe his stories or to follow him.

Where are they getting the wood to build 1000 ships

where are they getting the men to crew 1000 ships

where are they getting the gold to pay for 1000 ships and the food to feed all the builders and crew who won't be fishing or reaving

Was he in Dawson Creek?

Not the Van Der Beeks guy, the other one.

>Where are they getting the wood to build 1000 ships

Steal the trees from the north

>where are they getting the men to crew 1000 ships

They'll contract out to unemployed rivermen with their excess iron stockpiles

>where are they getting the gold to pay for 1000 ships and the food to feed all the builders and crew who won't be fishing or reaving

They can steal all of the grain from the reach

Looks like he'll have to wait now.

>Proposes to bring a shitton of illegal migrants
You're retarded, aren't you?

Lemme guess, hes already been killed off?

Ironborn don't use great big ships, they use viking style long ships, which would be faster, but almost certainly not one day... Certainly not years for them either though.

>"We will make Westeros great again and build a fleet. Also, Dany is going to pay for the actual conquering but she won't mind. After all, I am an alpha male."
He comes quite close.

In the books they say that Bravoos can use the Arsenal to build ships as fast as one day, when required. Bravoos is basicly medieval Venice, and not some pleb tier viking parody shithole.

Longships were huge, though, and weren't easy to build. The fact that they could be taken out on the open ocean despite being open while also being able to go into rivers shows what a feat of engineering they were. You don't just dash one of those out in a couple of months, unless you want a shitty ship due to just slapping together any old pieces of wood you can find. It's a year, minimum.

Also, the ships that Theon and company clambered onto when they fled weren't longships.

This shit happens every episode now so they learned to live with it

dabid

I know it's a bait but in book "Frey" is now an insult

>I know it's a bait

What?

> man who is banking on people's emotions about rebuilding a nation, making vague but lofty promises that are impossible to fulfill

Yeah, pretty much. Although he didn't steal the words of the King some 30 years back.

I swear that the US just likes pathos. "Yes, we can!" "Change!"

What's the change gonna look like? "IT'S JUST GONNA BE BETTER LOL VOTE 4 OBAMA AND EVERYTHING WILL BE AWESOME"

"Make America Great Again!" How? What is a Great America gonna look like? Who will be great in it? What are your policies? Are they realistic

"LOL JUST VOTE TRUMP HE'LL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN JUST LIKE HE SAYS"

"This is just a morsel nothing more, but we shall feast before the fall of night!"

Erm... guys I think he may be using that Dragonbinder horn to bind us to his will, and I also think he may be Sea Hitler come to bring the Long Night upon us by wedding the Kraken to the Dragon.

"LOL EURON KING! EURON KING!"

Pilou is too young for this role
it's ridiculous

I mean, one of the clear points the show makes is that the war and death/loss of honorable/reasonable men (Dayne, Ned, Stannis, Robert, Tywin, Arryn, Mormont, Rodrik Cassel, Blackfish, Greatjon) has left Westeros as a dishonourable place full of Might makes Right -thinking, where swordsmen rule.

> Janos Slynt and Meryn Trant in KL are ruthless assholes
> Starks are replaced by Boltons, who are sociopaths
> Friendly and loved Arryn is replaced by cunning and amoral Lannisters as Hands of King
> Rightful lineage replaced with mightiedt alliance
> Dorne usurped by bastards
> Night's Watch kills their own commander and is in for a bit of a rape
> Dany goes from freeing slaves to arbitrarily burning people alive
> Stannis goes from a righterous claimant to an ISIS -tier butcherer
> Renly openly defies lineage
> King is murdered in his wedding and the killers walk free
> Sam breaks the vows of NW
> Iron Bank starts betting on an usurper
> Noble ladies are raped right and left
> Guest's right means nothing
> Slaying the weak becomes socially acceptable

Moral degradition.

It's bait.
In the books, "Frey"s are shit. They're considered low class, complete crap, specially by people of the north, whose people hold the respect of the guest right as important.

ALSO, everyone dislikes Walder Frey.
They're a joke.

Euron is described as looking incredibly young for his age.

Agreed, the War of Five Kings Era created a fucking enormous horrible era where honorable people are no longer in power and every goddamn right and privelege and honorable thing is broken.

Well to be honest if you have seasoned wood laying ready you could probably built it in less than a month provided you have the work force.

With some cost cutting measures people could build warships in 30 days time as late as the 19th century.

But Jon Snow is still kept alive, even after getting caesared.

True, sorry I often default to the books even when discussing the show so I missed that detail... And yeah, I suppose you're right, as simple as they look they have to be pretty complicated

That's because R'HLLOR, the ONE TRUE GOD OF WESTEROS demands that his true servant rises again from the dead and fight the good fight.

> Night's Watch kills their own commander and is in for a bit of a rape

Make that fucking twice.

Anyone else surprised they used 'The Iron Price' in the correct way in the episode?

So how long for 1000 ships?

Like 2 episodes?

WE ARE BUILDING A FLEET AND WE ARE MAKING THE REACH PAY FOR IT.
MIIGA

>missing the point of the post this hard

In the books the Freys are rightfully hated, and people still care about kinslaying. In the show, where nobody gives a fuck about kinslaying or kingslaying anymore it wouldn't be out of place for Walder Frey to die a respected man.

Work on your reading comprehension before labelling everything "bait".

I dont buy it.
Canon-wise, winter is coming. Everyone knows it in the Seven Kingdoms, because the Maesters let every Kingdom know.

Spending an ENORMOUS fortune to create massive fleet? Wood and money they dont have due to the last few wars they LOST.The Iron Islands is the weakest country, with the smallest power base, the smallest population number?

Fuck you, realistically, they shouldnt be able to pull this off.

If you got 50.000 men (skilled labor and unskilled labor) working on it, with a wood supply then hell yeah!

What does he need a thousand ships for? I mean we're looking at longships that can possible hold 50-100 men each. No way they have 50.000 warriors

But the ironborn doesn't have seasoned wood lying around. Nor do they have the workforce. Nor are they cutting costs, because they have to build good enough ships to woo the dragon-queen. Cersei might be able to do it, not the ironborn.

Some refer to seasons 1 through 3 as the War of the Five Kings era,

What do we call the rest? The White Walker/Other era? Winter era?

penis and fart jokes era

Cleganebowl era.

G E T H Y P E

That shit's been around since the beginning. Don't pretend to forget shit.

The ironborn as a sort of faction doesn't make a lot of sense really now does it? Poorest fucks that don't bother farming, stuck on rocky islands building ships with a design that has been out of date for 500 years.

To ferry across Dany's army. Are you seriously so dense that you couldn't follow his simplistic-as-fuck plan?

Ironborn are canon retarded.

>that don't bother farming

They do farm. It's just that the Greyjoys, the leading house, have "we don't sow" as their house-words, because they're elitist faggots.

Everyone in the north doesn't have sharp knives just because the Boltons have "our knives are sharp" as their house words.

Then why the fuck would they bother with longships, Jesus not even they would be so retarded to make a fleet of longships to transport an army. Just imagine a dozen horses standing on the deck of a viking era ship, no fucking go.

THEY'RE ACTUALLY RETARDED. LITERALLY BRAIN DAMAGED THROUGH THE DROWNING RITUAL.

JESUS FUCK.

The Iron Born are seriously a stupid fucking concept. A bunch of boat mongering islanders who have shit ships, shit population, shit resources on their shit islands, have shit for unity- the only thing they have is a lot of Iron on those islands, which they REFUSE to fucking mine!

This is fucking stupid.
The Iron Born are a shit concept.

>Just imagine a dozen horses standing on the deck of a viking era ship

But the vikings did that.

Also the ironborn clearly don't use longships in the show except for raiding up inlets. They're building proper ships.

I liked that drowning crowning scene desu.

Why don't they mine? And since when is iron a valuable resource? They would need some really good production factors to compete with mainland mines I reckon.

Most sources indicate the vikings usually just nicked horses wherever they landed if they had to use them.

How wide is the sea between Essos and Westeros?

>I liked that drowning crowning scene desu.

I did as well. To be honest, I'm a complete faggot where Ironborn scenes are concerned. They fascinate me.

>I liked that drowning crowning scene desu.

I liked it until he started spitting out water and breathing again on his own. Fucking D&D making Euron actually chosen by the drowned god. A religion based around basic pulmonary resuscitation was cool as fuck, why change it?

Ironborn culture is really againts people fucking working in any form other than fishing, or pillaging. Mining and other shit is for slaves. Which they barely now have thanks to the Targs. They did really well in the old days, thanks to the Old Ways. TONS of slaves.

Nowadays , they are shit.

>And since when is iron a valuable resource

Are you genuinely twelve, or just stupid?

>why change it?
cause showplebs need to think the gods chose him, if he got cpr to come back it wouldnt have as much impact. One of the few things they changed from the books that actually made sense to change.