Sup Forums lets try something new! Lets have serious discussion about something and act like well mannered people while...

Sup Forums lets try something new! Lets have serious discussion about something and act like well mannered people while doing it! So my question is : Should all drugs be legalized?
pic unrelated

Yes sir

No

I mean let's be realistic here, there's some fucked up shit out there and people do stupid shit on drugs.

trudeau is a dumb cunt

Language sir

All drugs except cannabis which should be tolerated. Tolerated means you can smoke at home, and you can grow like 2 plants.

Other drugs are actually banned, and should be banned if they were not already, except maybe in some festivals or shit, but in a way that allows you to control the doses, the material and so on, but thats nearly impossible imo

Don't say the f word. I'd say yes because anyway people will use them and if drugs were legal we could track said people and put them into camps

>Serious discussion
>language policing
If something so simple as a word bothers you, then you may not be mature enough to have a serious discussion

>Lets make murder legal because people are gonna murder people anyways

So do people on alcool.
Cigarettes are also dangerous.
Should those two be banned?

Probably.

Sir i have you know that i am serious and everyone is free to make any claim he or she desires, but we dont have to use profanity to express ourselfs!

OP IS A FAGGOT

OP is a homosexual!

>"I think I'll go buy a legal narcotic so I can be tracked down by the government and put into a camp!"

Sounds good.

Alcohol shoudn't be banned because if you wanna control people, you have to let them party, and act like they were totally free. But ciggs should be banned yes, but lobbies are too strong, ciggs market represent a lot of money for both of lobbies and government

No YOU don't use profanity to express yourself
Faggot

If legal the government could ensure the quality and purety and qualityof the drugs and the cost would drop! The Addicts would be still suffering but at least they are not neccacerily broke! Also we should consider the effect it would have on criminal organisations!

Cool slippery slope. When the whole production chain is controlled drug usage don't make victims tho, users aside. You can also treat the users better

Majority of them, yes

I think mariuana should be legalized, and afterwards other kinds of drugs can be discussed. Legalizing other drugs is a valid choice afterwards, but heroin is a good exemple of what I consider illegitimate to legalize, considering how strongly it makes people addicted, and how easily this addiction can occur. Marijuana is addictive in major doses aswell, but so are is alcohol (don't know exactly how addictive most of the other drugs are).

Legalize marijuana, then consider the possibility of other drugs, but take it step by step and with reasonable thinking before doing so

>If you kill your enemies, they win.
>American government kills ISIS all the time
That does it let them all in.

If McDonald's and other shitty food sources are legal, drugs should also be legal.

Haha...
Legalize Heroin and have fun with the wave of death by overdoses.
Your argument doesn't work.

and so should be sugar, which is a powerful drug we are all addict to

Sigh. I'll try. All drugs should be legal to make, sell, and use, for consenting adults. They do need to be disposed of with care, so as to not cause pollution.

To reinforce my position, I will ask by what authority could you justly claim to make them illegal?

Because you should control people...?

Most contemporary definitions of the word drug exclude substances that are food.

Because of dangerosity for yourself and others. The same reason why you aren't allowed to drive without a seat belt.

Thts not a slippery slope fallacy you god damn retard it's satire.
A slippery slope fallacy is if I said that if we make drugs legal then we will probably make murder legal after that.
The intention was to show you how fucking stupid what you said was. Just because it's illegal and people still do it doesn't mean we should make it legal. The entire point of making something illegal is to deter people from doing it. Clearly its not going to deter everyone whoch is why we have law enforcement to enforce te laws.
You are implying that a law has no affect on society and doesn't deter anyone from commiting an act which is just all kinds of fucking stupid.
Shut the fuck up you little bitch

What authority do you have to determine what I do?

Well I can eat spacecakes, weed isn't a drug then? I can even drink alcool. A beer is like two toasts like they say in belgium

That's a pretty shit argument when I can go buy enough cough syrup to send myself to retard land.

If this post and other cancerous posts like it are legal than all cancer causing agents should be legal to pump into the air we breathe

Get with the times you misogynist, Its 2016!!!!

They are all legal to pump into the air. You just have to be in a country like Mexico that allows it. Or conversely be a big enough company who can get the legal wrangling done to allow you to.

You don't consume either of those things for nourishment regardless of the vehicle that delivers them.
I understand that you're probably just trying to be difficult, but please don't make me argue definitions with you. Just go look it up and th8nk to yourself "Hm, ok then."

>I hope OP is pleased by this civil discourse.

To elucidate further, government is an agreement people make. It can only have just powers that the people delegate.

You have no power over me as an individual, and government can have no just power the individuals don't.

There are currently no just governments.

All the junkies fucking dead, good.

I'm partial to Marijuana and psychedelic drugs, however i think most, if not all recreational drugs should be legalized.
I think everyone should be able to do whatever they like with their lives, if we're allowed to kill ourselves with alcohol and tobacco why wouldn't we be able to do it with other substances?
Of course, otherwise illegal behaviour done while under the influence would still be outlawed, if you get high and do something illegal you'll have to pay for what you've done. I'd encourage consumption in private places mostly, and if done in public places it should be in parks and the like, always assuming you maintain a respectful and mildly decorate behaviour.
Also, legalization, in my opinion would save governments a lot of money spent on the war on drugs, best spent in other places. Not only that but you could set a high tax on drugs and use it to sponsor communal and social activities and/or help programs for addicts.
Moreover i feel like, being an illegal trade the drug underworld carries with it secondary criminal activities on the wake of drug lords that use violence and crime to set their own laws in lieu of a well regulated system.
Lastly, the black market provides no regulation over the quality of the products, allowing for potentially dangerous stuff to come across the path of the consumer.

Wow you really made a good point and contributed do this conversation user
>no you didn't kill yourself