Friendly reminder that we all die, there is no afterlife, there are no reincarnations...

Friendly reminder that we all die, there is no afterlife, there are no reincarnations, the universe is not endless and everything is pointless

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6GI1KZ1aVG0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

[citation needed]

Thank you Sherlock.

"there is no afterlife" -sum dood

""there is an afterlife" said god" -sum jew

Yes. And?

really makes you think...

нaпpay ми ce пoдпaлихa нeвpoнитe

I really hope there is some form of reincarnation so you cunts get born in Bulgaria again and again. There should be not escape from there, not even death.

hope the same too, life's great

ufnortunately, such thing doesnt exist, discount germanlad

Not really, it is what it is. I didn't exist for "eternity" before I was born, when I die I will return to the same state "I" was in back then.

Sure, I don't relish the thought, but it is what it is... I mean, it's not like it was uncomfortable or anything, you know?

Or, as Nabokov said, "our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness"

Everything is pointless if you make it pointless

Sounds like pascal's wager is the right way to go then.

you make everything pointless

OP we are containing DNA of other people and atoms of the big bang, also we are containing memories of DNA previous generations also read about common consequence. Law of energy conservation.

Collective unconscious*

>pascal's wager is the right way to go then.
>dont live your wife to the fullest because of a meme

nah

>Law of energy conservation
>entropy

Entropy doesn't exist, because time exist. This is period, cycle.

>Entropy doesn't exist, because time exist

yes
yes
yes
no

non sequitur

you see if there is reincarnation and afterlife they make life pointless because
1 eternally doing the same
2 going to be eternally doing the same

with a non-afterlife, people can create ideas about eternity and use it to expound the virtues of a finite life, thus in order for anything to be possible the universe must be finite

Entropy doesn't exist again. Law of energy conservation.

you dumb

Prove me wrong.

It cycle.

I disagree with afterlife part and would correct the last point about "pointless life", however, your general statement can be considered to be correct. Material world would be destroyed sooner or later.

entropy going up does not violate conservation laws. it just means that mechanical orderly motion is reduced to less orderly motion like heat. Within a frame of reference energy may be conserved but entropy can still go up.

>no man here would be alive after 200 years

Not enough data, for this answer., buddy.

>200 years
I'm almost 30, so best case scenario I got like 60 or so years left. Though given my family history it's probably more like 40-50 years left.

Again, assuming nothing shitty happens in the form of outside forces causing it to be less (illness, war, famine and so on. Accidents...)

My mothers side all died around 63.
On my fathers side, my grandma is currently in her 90's and my grandpa committed euthanasia at 96.

I'm in for a surprise.

>tfw you will not be alive to see the first human set foot on an extrasolar planet
>tfw you will not be alive to see mankind walk the skies

Literally the only reason I have a problem with dying 2bh

If you really believed that, you would have committed suicide. You're just despaired, you're not actually an atheist. Grow up and accept Christ.

I just can't accept the fact that he nailed himself to the cross. Seems like that would be impossible.

that kind of sucks man

Committing suicide is pointless.

hello kierkegard

I actually really like Kierkegaard. I'm currently reading Frygt og Bæven.

Video related.
youtube.com/watch?v=6GI1KZ1aVG0

>"THE BREAD TURNS INTO HUMAN FLESH IN THE STOMACH BY MAGIC, BUT IF YOU PUKE AFTERWARDS IT MAGICALLY REVERTS TO BREAD BECAUSE OF REASONS" some dood
>"THE HUMAN FLESH IS, LIKE, IDK, METAPHYSICALLY PRESENT WITHIN THE BREAD SINCE IT'S STILL BREAD IF YOU PUKE" another dood

Sure, makes perfect sense.

Well, Jesus seems to me to have been aware of being the son of God/being God, in a sense, but also seems to have had many human traits that appear to be quite separate from that. From my reading of the Bible, anyway.

And yes, I'm an atheist who reads the Bible, deal with it. I like it, Psalms especially has some really nice pieces of you like ancient poetry. Psalms 144 being a favorite, for example.

not clicking your keylogger, my dude

seems pretty unfriendly tbqh

What are you even talking about

I'm an atheist who doesn't read the bible. I don't even have close to the attention span you need for that boring ass shit.

>That isnt' a good thing

Transubstantiation and Consubstantiation, one of the differences between Lutheranism and Catholicism that theologians on both sides LOVE to Autism the fuck out over.

well i like him also
The Sickness Unto Death topped a day of my mental history

Don't be like that. Just click on my keylogger.
>getting a keylogger from an embedded youtube video
Wew.

Meh, like I said, as far as ancient literature goes it's not half bad, objectively. Far more reader friendly than, say, Bhagavad-Gita.

Entropy just describes a quantifiable measure of heat spectrum it doesn't explain it or it's origins.

If u allow me to speculate I think that non existence is just like existence but hideout the reflexive process aka conscience.

>No afterlife

AHAHAHA CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE IF THE CHRISTIAN VERSION OF HEAVEN AND RELIGION WAS ACTUALLY TRUE TO THE LETTER?! WOULD HEAVEN HAVE EVEN ONE PERSON?

No. And also, even if this was the case I don't really feel that sitting around some bright as fuck place with "rivers of milk and honey" while hanging out with my fucking grandparents would be much of a "reward" for having lived a pious life.

But yeah, literally every person on the earth who ever lived is or was sexually, morally or emotionally depraved in some way.

>inb4 self deluded fucks who thinks otherwise

Stop deluding yourself.

we wouldn't be surprised because we would have our free will taken away

Literally only shit-tier Christians, such as the Calvinists, believe that free will does not exist.

good post

>But yeah, literally every person on the earth who ever lived is or was sexually, morally or emotionally depraved in some way.
literally the fundamental point of Christianity
>for having lived a pious life
muh work-based salvation. It's by faith alone, because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. The opposite of sin is not good deeds but faith.

>Grow up and accept Christ.

what if Muhammad was correct
what if Bhagavat Gita makes more sense than the bible
what if Quetzalcoatl will usher us in a new age of humanity anyway

>arguing with religious people

>It's by faith alone

Yeah, says YOU and the lutherans, while other sects say different. Not saying your version is more or less retarded than any other, just saying.

it won't matter in hell or in heaven

>God is all knowing
>God created man
>at the moment of creation of each being God is aware of its future as he is all knowing
>knows if a person is going to sin, thus created them knowing they will sin

>free will

k

Who do you think is remotely swayed by this argument?

i don't need to convince anything but in terms of these religions whether or nor you have free will in heaven or hell is irrelavent

What i meant was that beeing dead is like being asleep.
There's probably no supernatural real afterwards and if there is its most likely caused by post death psico-active natural occurring substances affecting the brain.

*reality

No, being dead isn't like being asleep, you are not brain dead when you're asleep. Being dead is EXACTLY like it was before you were born. Fucking nothingness, in other words.

Good, living forever would suck ass.
People are tired by 90, how do you think the human mind would handle 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years of existence?

Just dinosaurs and shit i guess

Like AIs in Halo that suffer from rampancy, I'd imagine.

technically by then the mind would not be trapped within your mortal body

*realm
I'm just sayin this cuz I heard that at the base of our skull lays a thick stromp connecting spine and cranium and that same region is responsible to send a signan which determines our level of conscious awareness, and whenever we sleep that zone "shuts down" our brain.
That's why I concluded that Swenson.

Well, wherever it would be, eternity sounds like hell to me.
I'll take peaceful oblivion any day.

many of us somewhat believe reincarnation.
I sometime think that the idea of after life taught by Christianity, in which no reincarnation and eternal heaven or hell, can be too horrifying.

no wonder why many Christians or Muslims are mentally ill.

but you can't because it's like not choosing at all

I know, I'm choosing which I like better.

Only thing i wish to know before i die is how the universe was created and what could be outside

probably wont happen though

You can back that up, with solid proof?

the Buddhist concept of reincarnation is more horrifying for me tho

you live, die and repeat until you get totally numb, the status of nirvana

But solid proof is the greatest meme of all!

at least it isn't eternal hell, hope always resides.
get numb? what the fuck are you talking about?

the status of nirvanaと書いてるだろうがw
解脱とか涅槃とか聞いたことない?

It had no beginning, will never end.
There's nothing besides it, not even nothingness.

the universe may be old but not timeless

>It had no beginning, will never end.

both wrong

but if it was it would be unchanging, all energy would have dissipated leaving cold empty nothing

the end of the universe will be hot not cold

only if it's cyclical

bumperino

God is all knowing so he created a system in which the only way to succeed is to diregard his apparent will, and act in contravention of the words of the Lord.
Opposing God takes immense strength, and the weak are incapable of such things.
It can only be concluded God's will is for humanity to self improve.

shut up godfag

The thing you can death is just an abstraction so we can better differentiate living shit from it's non living counterpart.
The more technology advances the close we get to the Darwinian Demon

I'm too smart to comprehend death, so I ignore it

When I die, I'll be dead so it wont matter to me whether I know of what comes after

>tfw two smart to swim