Tech cringe

Tech cringe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TnyoJtv9Cx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP IT NOW !!!!!!!!

who ever does this deserves to have their shit fry and short circuit.

Beg me

nah this is hot keep going

Sure thing bby

Moar, pls? for educational purpouses

TOO FAR TOO FAR TOO FAR

Fuck, I hate soldering.

awww yiss, spread that paste all over that mobo

Here ya go

Fuck you and your soldering

Cool, thx man

youtube.com/watch?v=TnyoJtv9Cx0

is that like nivia hand cream or some shit?

The trick is to not have a total pice of shit soldering iron. I hated soldering for like 10 years. Then I got into quadcopter racing and invested in an adjustable soldering iron. You can control the temperature. Instead of the iron just putting a set amount of power into the tip like the cheap ones do, the tip has a sensor and it constantly adjusts the power to maintain whatever temperature you want. When you take it away from soldering it lowers the heat so it doesn't get too hot, when you start using it again it increases the power to hold the desired temperature.

Soldering went from something that I cussed every 30 seconds doing to something that is fun and easy. It's amazing how different a quality soldering iron is.

Almost did this once because I read a Cooler Master manual and looked at the picture.

holy shit you drencihng that shit, and now youre pushing it over the edges wtf well this is prob one of those old ass videos i mean man look at that shitty cpu cooler and the legacy keyboard and mouse ports, i bet this is old as fu ... usb 3.9

msi wtf you doing nigga

Oh my god!

:^) that's all, folks

Also don't use lead free solder. Solder with lead in it is far superior. Lead free solder has a much higher melting temperature so it's harder to melt, and it doesn't flow as well.

Fuck hippies and their anti-lead agenda. It's in solder for a reason. Because it works fucking awesome.

you monster.

If I remember correctly, TSA did that.

kek

if it works it aint stupid

nigger

am I an autist for not knowing what that shit is or why putting shit tons of it is bad?
Please help I am gonna do this.

Like putting a PS3 mother board in the oven. Cringe

the lightbulb got me

This has to be fake.

maximum airflow

Wtf are these? Are these stock photos or some bullshit?

see
it's a piss-take video

This is advanced autism

The Mullet strikes again

Thermal paste is used to better conduct electricity from the processor to the big fan, the problem is that it will spread even more once you apply the fan onto it, so it will double it's volume, and you cant let the paste get to the metal parts because it can blow up your motherboard (because of electricity being over-conducted through a tiny cable)

She has a hoof.

Kek

the frustration.... the anger.... the feeeel!!

mythoughts
where are the guys who put their shit in mineral oil?

That actually works. Most people don't know that that's how circuit boards are made. Robots place most of the components on the mother board but they aren't soldered yet. The circuit board then passes through an oven that melts the solder and attaches the parts to the surface of the board. It's not how all circuit boards are made, but many are made that way.

When you put it in your oven you are reflowing the solder again. It repairs a bad joint.

I had a AMD graphics card suddenly die on me. took it apart, put the board in my oven, ;ut it back together, it worked for another 2 years and I finally upgraded to a new card.

physically hurt me to watch this

replied

CPU is kill?

That's not kate, the model you are thinking of.

You are thinking of Kate's playground.

Best thread on Sup Forums in months

This user knows his shit

I bet it could be saved, wash it very thoroughly with hot water, then put it in an airtight container with silica gel for a day or two. I seriously bet it would work just fine.

Holy shit

I like it

Provided you don't have pets or kids running about to yank them down its not so bad.

It's probably possible to clean it off. Use a solvent like pure alcohol or acetone, something that will evaporate and isn't water based.

fuck you man ;_;
going to fucking far, need to bleach my eyes on a good ol' gore/rekt thread

fucking asshole

A perfectly retarded but serviceable explanation. Thanks, user.

>options
>do i take to bait to educate
>or do i calmly allow retards to never buy non-conductive paste

Yes but after the board goes into the oven other robots or a human puts on the heat sensitive components that would have been affected by the oven. So by putting it in the oven out RISC damaging those parts... If you know what part needs reflowing youmare better off using a heat gun with a nozzle.

Why are you all so mad? fuck it's like you are a bunch of newbs or console fags

All the paste he is "spilling" will help insulate the connections all around the board

amateurs

Can I have a link for this vid

Reflowing in an oven is factually false. Doesn't work that way.

You're probably causing something else to happen, but solder has a much higher melting temp. Try looking up Louis Rossman on youtube. Yeah, he's annoying to listen to, but he's correct. Fucking does this for a living, and the specialized oven that's used for this is not your Bake 'n Shake kitchen POS.

distilled water maybe. Water isn't damaging to electronics. Distilled water isn't conductive. It's the salts and minerals in the water that is conductive.

I saw a video where a guy crashed a drone into the ocean. He soaks it in a tub of distilled water and changes out the water a few times to wash away all the salt so its finally just distilled water.

Puts it in dry rice for a couple days and it worked just fine.

dang

Yes it is

>conduct electricity from the processor to the fan
I will assume this is bait for my own sanity

>MSI how to channel
This is why I don't buy msi shit.

how fucking uncoordinated is this fag?

The only heat sensitive componenets are usually capaciters. As long as you don't cook it for long enough to cause them to pop or boil away their liquid contents inside you are usually OK.

Besides, you only do it to circuit boards that have already stopped working, you have nothing to lose. What are you going to do, break an already broken circuit board?

It doesn't always work. But it is fucking awesome to bring a piece of electronics back from the dead.

NIGGA!!!!

It's a tutorial on the official MSI YouTube channel

i automatically hate guys with ear rings in both ears. one is fine, two is crossing the line for some reason.

Are you retarded?

Yes, Kate has a club foot, that is who I said you were thinking of.

The girl sitting in that chair I posted earlier is not Kate.

Reading comprehension 0/10

I said you were thinking of kate, and you said I was wrong, and posted a picture of kate...

what is this some kind of damn "pretend to into repair" stock photo or some shit

age??

Fucking russians

Post more plz its so funny

lold

my actual pc build.. judge me fags

Are you 12?

reflow ovens slowly heat up the components (relatively slowly), and then hit a quick peak temp over abt 15 seconds or so to melt the solder paste. Then they do a fairly gradual cooldown so that parts don't break off.

You got an oven that can do that? Takes maybe 9 mins to run the full cycle.

rats

Let's face it - someone who does this with his computer is unlikely to have reproduced.

lol'd so hard I scared the dog

FUCK NO

OP here, I don't have any more so take this cookie

keeek, biodegradable

the fuck is the lightbulb in the psu for?

the cable cutting doesnt disturb me as much as that fucking lightbulb.

I bet I could do that, my hands don't burn easily, a few hundred degrees isn't all that hot. Seriously.