My whole life, I've never seen the appeal of anime, I don't get why people dress up a these characters...

My whole life, I've never seen the appeal of anime, I don't get why people dress up a these characters, I don't get why people have body pillows, I just don't get it, I've tried watching a few here and there, but I never get engrossed in it, what's so good about it?

Some people like football, some people like history documentaries. Everybody's got different taste, and not liking something just means it's not your taste

Either you can't tell left from right or you've been watching the wrong anime.

>why people dress up a these characters
Autism. If they're really bad. There are good cosplay, though.
>I don't get why people have body pillows
Autism.

Also, nice bait.

Same, I just can't get past the lifeless eyes and physically static characters with only their mouths choppily moving.

It's always felt embarrassing to watch. It's a guilty pleasure for people I guess

I'm with op on this one. I've tried my hand at Steins;Gate, Brotherhood, Code Geass, Death Note. Literally stopped halfway through all of them due to boredom.

Can bingewatch the shit out of The Office or Community, though.

It's not bait, user, I have many friends into this stuff, and I don't get it.

Autism. Plain and simple

GTFO of here with that sensible, reasoned argument.

Honestly, what bugs me is how people let in engross their lives. I love football, I watch every game, I play fantasy, I go to bars and yell at the TV with strangers. I don't get angry when someone says they don't like it, I'm perfectly capable of having a conversation about something other than football, I don't shove it into other's faces, I don't carry around a pillow with Odell Beckham Jr on it. I'm with OP. I actually do enjoy the occasional anime, but I don't get how so many fans get so fucking weird about it.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've been watching re zero recently and I feel quite pathetic when I watch it, but I can't help but enjoy it.

OP is suggesting there is something wrong with anime fans and there is. If you arent Japanese and like anime you are in a social class just above furfags and pedos

They're more philosophical and much better looking than American cartoons. All American cartoons look like shit.
Check out kino no tabi for a philosophical anime

OP here, I've seen some anime, my ex really tried her best to get me to like it, I just don't get it.

OK yes Autism, as so many before me have pointed out. But what about this particular fandom brings out the worst?

>I don't get why people dress up a these characters
Why do people dress up for Halloween?
or sports games?
or literally anything?
It's enjoyable and it's a way to show more about your personality. It's not like highschool rules change when you become an adult.
Those people are still the cool adults, those are the faggots, those are the preps, jocky meatheads, and hey look anime nerds.

The body pillow thing is just creepy though.
I can tolerate cosplay (had a girlfriend who was into it) but much more than that into weeb culture and I'm out.
Would be like walking into a house and seeing one of those fathead posters in an adult males room.

football and its culture are products of regular people who don't fall on the autistic spectrum, so a wide variety of people enjoy it. Anime caters to a niche audience, and so you'd get more socially rejected people watching and spreading it. That's why anime is small.

The way I see it is: good anime is just like any good show (or movie), but it just happens to be animated in Japan.

I've seen a few and appreciate them for their stories.

Watch Ghost in the Shell (the 1995 movie). It's what largely inspired the matrix. It's pretty cool famalamalon

Tried OnePunchMan, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, yet?

Or for some slice of life/comedy anime i'd say you'd watch: The daily lifes of high school students. Or Nichijou or Boku no pico.

Well, your friends might have shit taste. Watch Boku no pico. Bestest of animu.

anyone can get to engrossed with a form of entertainment or hobby. Sup Forums's posters are very fanatical and it was made to discuss anime so you will see people get obsessive over this stuff

My girlfriend made me watch that Boku no Pico, nice bait.

yes, I've seen OPM, and although I did sit through the entire series, I was kinda forcing myself to finish it. I mean, it's obvious he was gonna win in the end anyway, why wait through three episodes in that finale when you know what's gonna happen?

I haven't watched Jojo's yet. Nichijou I've seen a bit of, but only through Youtube videos other people kindly ripped off the show from.

And what's Boku no pico, is it a good show?

Don't feel bad for the things you enjoy I like anime and I get that some people don't like it I find football to boring as hell to each there own

>kinda forcing myself to finish it
> it's obvious he was gonna win in the end anyway

user, please. The bait's still too raw.

dude, I'm not actually fucking baiting. I legitimately didn't find OPM that exciting. Sorry this one opinion is different from everyone else's.

>didn't find OPM that exciting

You poor guy. What's it like living with no soul?

>what's boku no pico
You aren't even trying

:( Why is it so bad that I didn't like it as much as others?