Progress Thread

Progress Thread

Please leave the following:
> Shit talk
> Compliment
> Advice to improve

Thanks Sup Forums what progress have you made?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2010/03/23/health/23really.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here I was as a skinny skeletal

This is basically what I look like now. Workout routine ramped down, lost the good habits. You're making good progress, bro. I'd suggest working on the chest more. I know i'm not one to talk, but its gud to do.

U look happy in the first picture but sad in the other ones. U have lost touch with your inner skeltal and have grown sad inside. U can improve by stopping.

This. You know, Skeletor is ripped, and he's a skinny skeletal.

Those. fucking. units

... You're so fucking right my man...

How many cals and grams of protein a day?

My chest is growing stronger, but it just gives the fuck up in the growth department. Goodluck with your gains m80, you have a good base.

I try to hit 3.5kcal a day, and usually 150-200g of protein.

>those numbers
>in that amount of time

Hahahahahahahhahahaha okay OP

Just cut the lbs in half to get a rough estimate for kg, exact measures be damned.

A lot of the weakness was from months of being sedentary. I swam in college quite a bit, so I was previously pretty strong. That said, I took the weights pretty easy in the beginning.

Beginner gains are real.

Not OP but... for the curious, how to eat 200g protein a day:
- 5 egg whites
- 6 ounces chicken breast
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 6 ounces lean beef
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 2 cups low-fat milk

I work as a lifeguard and our building has protein smoothies. I also get the grilled chicken patty from mcdonalds for $1.40 everyday.

EZ mode for gains.

ehhhh but that's expensive.
I used to eat 7 servings of beans + around the same amount of broccoli/green bean servings every day. And then i'd take supplements and multivitamins. Each meal for me was like 3 bucks.

Smoothie stand will mix my own protein for a buck. Not feeling too stretched for cash.

>egg whites
u wot

I know those beginner gains, they hit you instantly.

Jokes aside, doesnt matter how much time lies between your pics, its just important to keep going and improve further.
Even if there are 3 years between its good progress, there are many people out there, who wont even reach your second picture.... Genpool.

I´m 97kg and 188cm - i just eat around 120g of Proteins a day ... 2g and more per kg bodyweight is bullshit.

So beginning of this year i was 6'4 300 pounds have some back issues and stuff
Parents are fat but they want to get "healthy"
my house has 0 sugar in it
turns out it wasn't genetics
it was a litter of soda a day
now im like 230, havnt done any exercise
still have back issues though

a 2 litter my bad

Keep it up mate, people just dont understand how easy it is to lose weight.
One fucking soda can make a difference, 2 liter have around 200g of Sugar.

But you have to exercise if you want to get rid of the backpain...even if its just Yoga to keep your strength and flexibility.

it was at least 2 litlers a day lol soda only cost like 1$ for a 2l here lol

Lookin' swole man, thanks a ton. Weightlifting has become a super fun habit. Now if only I could get my chest that swole.

And I agree, 2g per kg is overkill.

Progress is progress. Make little improvements to the best of your ability and that weight will keep sheding. But what do I know, on the inside I'm still but a lonely skeletal.

Found the eurofag

I'm not hidden You flat tire

Hell I can barely get bottled water for that price... Ah well, tap it is again.

appreciated !
Stick with the basics and with time your chest will grow - i dont have much equipment at home and no cash for a gym, so my Chestday mostly looks like - flatbench / incline / dips / flys / pullovers
You guys over there cant drink tap water ? I understanb why you drink that shit if its the cheapest - im lucky enough to have healthy tap water in europe

OP here. I usually do flat benchpress and cable-flys.

I'm going to try hypertrophic sets to grow out my chest, should I focus on incline or decline bench more? Or another chest exercise all together?

upper chest till you actually get peck

Did you ever make any progress on turning straight?

Great stuff man.

You really need to develop your chest and core, your shoulders and arms are too big in proportion

Yeah, if you can stand eating tofu and peanuts, you can get as many calories and grams of protein as you want.

1 kg of solid tofu costs me about $1
1 kg of peanuts is about $3

Swole bros how can I beat the noon time food coma feeling. I push in 4-5 meals a day but from 12-3 I'm all sluggish and shit. (Pre-workout if that matters)

Fuck soy I'll pass on those hormones.

It's hard to get enough animal protein without eating way too much animal fat.

>4-5 meals a day
This is a meme, unless you are yuge and actually need a massive amount of calories.

Try having a big breakfast, small lunch and big dinner

Try grass fed.

I'm underweight and they're all small meals 500-700 cal.

how does it feel to be a lieing piece of shit on the internet? =)

That's bullshit. Smaller meals spaced out throughout the day are better.

hahaha 35 pullups? nice try kid
bet u cant do 5

But why would anyone lie, friendo. What is there to gain other than GAINZ.

It is a fucking meme. Please stop giving opinions on something you clearly haven't researched

Here is some normy science for you to get started
nytimes.com/2010/03/23/health/23really.html?_r=0

Congratulations on the self improvement fellow Sup Forumsro hope you keep making progress

Shit. You're on to me.

Thanks my man, it feels 100x better.

Do you split or full body ?

I would do them all, but as a beginner you should stay with your workout for now, since it obvisouly gave you good gains.
Thanks ! Yes, Chest is my weakness because in those 2 years im lifting i had no opportunity to really workout my chest ... i just did Flatbench and pushups, thats it.
Now for bout 3 months i can at least add dips and incline.

Lets see if it helps, anway gonna need a gym...this homegym shit is limiting me.

This. What really matters is the total amount you consume rather than in what intervals you consume it.

I do a PPL routine, PPLPPLR

Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Back/Bis
Legs

3 exercises per body part, 6-12 reps.

How does one keep the motivation to improve one's body?
I can't for the life of me find myself motivated enough to stick with it, especially with the whole notion of losing gains relatively quickly and easily whenever you're not actively working out to maintain whatever gains.
I don't really find a lot of enjoyment out of the workouts themselves either, my practically sole reason to work out would be for the results.

It doesn't help that I have a ganglion cyst at one of my wrist joints, causing serious pain whenever I put so much as 30kg of force on it (when stretched, when bent even 10kg feels like I'm spraining my wrist). A brace helps, but only a bit. Before I had it I did manage to push myself to work out from time to time, but it's too painful now.
Any tips on how to work around injuries and such?

i dont know friendo, you tell me.

Bodybuilding.com has a lot of variations on exercises that may be easier on your wrist. What's important isn't necessarily working out like a madman, but rather being super consistent until you form a habit.

I'd recommend to you to set aside half an hour every other day to work out. Give it a start for shits and giggles, if you miss a day whatever. When you get the ball rolling and see gains, you'll naturally want more of the reward.

Just try it for a month. Consistent as fuck. Don't even care if you go running, lifting, whatever.

>ganglion cyst
Dunno what that is, but in my experience injuries completely sap my motivation, so I feel you.

You have to make getting this taken care of a priority

U wanna fite irl. In front of everyone in my thread...?

Juicing will bite you in the ass long term. Take it easy please.

Trying the consistency approach might work indeed. I've been using that to study some stuff for myself and it works well. Some differences are that with studying I tend to get the satisfaction in between when something "clicks" or when I finish a project, as well as that if I happen to end up not doing any studying for a month for whatever reason it only takes an hour tops to recollect and continue where I ended, but it's definitely worth trying I think. Thank you.

Pic related. It can be treated and has a fair chance of staying away, but it can be recurring as well. On its own it seems to change in severity over time which is why I haven't had it looked at yet. It's been over a year now, time to get it fixed.

Never touched it, but I would totally go for it if I had the money and more knowledge on it.

Are those 1RM's? Because if they are you have an amazing body for shit lifts.
I squat more than 3 plates, deadlift over 4, bench lagging a bit, ... Which are very run of the mill, DYEL stats yet they seem higher than yours and I have a couch potato body

Your worst day of working out is still better than nothing at all. Take pride everytime you actually go out and do something. I promise you'll get that same satisfaction you get from studying, if moreorless in a different way.

Working out is hard,,,sweat, pain, blood - but looking into the mirror after a workout and seeing the results of your hard work ? All you need.

Did you visit a Doc ? That Ganglion shit normally gets removed, if it doesnt goes away by itself.

Still - Health goes first, just try the best you can to keep you body fit.

Tis the price of being skeletal. Likely flattering angles and light are at play here. They are 1RM, but I have a very strict form to adhere to. 3pl8s and half reps may be possible.

>It's been over a year now, time to get it fixed.

> implying 3 months of work fixes DYEL syndrome.

Should my almonds be activated?

No, but watch out for my trap card

It's best to activate all of your protons

>Your worst day of working out is still better than nothing at all.
This is also true, it beats a completely sedentary and unproductive lifestyle.

>but looking into the mirror after a workout and seeing the results of your hard work ? All you need.
I can imagine. Due to chronic illness my visible gains always have been very slow, but on the other hand I only have 7%BF (5'10", 141lbs) due to the increased metabolism and whatnot. To make the gains seem faster/better, I'll be focusing on increased strength instead as that does seem to improve at a sufficiently adequate rate for me.

I wanted to see if it would go away by itself first, saves bothering the Doc and such. But the time to wait for that is over.

Thanks all, the feedback and info is much appreciated.

Looking at the photos you got progressively more pink and less happy

shit gainz, friend. try more oatz and squatz

No problem at all. Don't forget, diet and sleep are the biggest factors when it comes to gains, not working out, but you need a balance of all three to see anything.

I am no longer white, like skeleton. I am no longer right... Like skeleton.

(sad doot)

Replacing entire program with oats and squats. Thanks fam.

change your programming, 5lb per week progressive overload on big 3 (2.5lbs each side of barbell)

lower rep range for 5x5, progress until stall or bad form, deload 15% of the weight, 1 week of new deload weight, 2 sets of 12, next 3 weeks, attempt for the 15% deloaded weight 4 sets of 8 focus on control on the way down, then back to 5x5 until progress stalls and then deload again, if you get through a 5x5 phase twice in a row without seeing easy 5lb per week progress then you need accessory work to the main compounds or a better diet

Indeed, balance is key. Luckily I already enjoy eating a lot, and I'd much rather eat meals consisting of things like pasta, rice, (wholegrain) bread (+veggies and meat, naturally) etc. than fastfood/junkfood, so that should be fine. Sleep could be a bit better, but that too should pose no issue.

Sounds more like a powerlifting regimen than a bodybuilding one. I wanted to focus more on hypertrophy for right now.

That being said, those gains you have are siiiiiick. And your workout would prevent plateau, I'll keep it saved and implement it in a month. Thank you oh great swole beast.

"The Sixpack shortcuts" in a nutshell

and one tip for you

if you want to take a selfie of your body, take that fucking tank top off completely, because this way it looks faggy as hell

Bro don't diss his sportsbra.

Err. Sportsbro.

both sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hypertrophy happen under tension around 75% of 1rm and above and happen simultainiously, what I suggested was periodization, not powerlifting, you go from a 1 week stabalization routine (2 sets of 12), to a 3 week building period, into a strength training phase, the higher your big three get, the more you will be dealoading and having more focus on building phases until you will literally need gear to progress further or months of accessory work just to add 5lbs to a bar, this routine will absolutely encourage hypertrophy, don't confuse strength training a bad way to try for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, it isn't as long as you are lifting above 75% 1rm, you are encouraging both sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar and the periodization where you deload gives you more of a chance to focus on time under tension instead of sheer power

the difference between strength training, and building routines is recruiting type II-b or type 1 fibers as well as atp, it is almost irrelevant until you are pushing big weight, i'm talking:

Bench press: body weight x 1.5
Chin-ups or pull-ups: body weight x 1.5 or 15
Squat: body weight x 2
Deadlift: body weight x 2.5

and once you are at these levels, strength training is still very much so important as it allows your building periods to give you the chance to have more tension on the bar during your contractions

Why exactly do people spend time at the Gym working out? There's no point other than improving how you look unless you're a fat shit.

Note taken! I was under the impression that 5 rep sets were more beneficial to strength rather than hypertrophy.

It impacts looks, confidence, personal gratification, and works as a hobby. It brings together a lot of folks as well. If not for health reasons, working out and progressing yourself is just plain fun for some.

Your progress from no-load is ~30 lbs on your bench?
Fucking natties.

Various reasons. Some compensate for their height and tiny dick. Some do it because they are retarded meatheads. Some because they are pro sportsmen and some simply because its a hobby.

My goal this summer was finally lmao2pl8 bench.

Not out of DYEL status, but not all bone anymore either.

190cm, 19 years old. One of those types who has trouble gaining weight. Started GOMAD a month ago and have gone from 62kg to just over 73kg. Still not happy with how skinny I look, but I've been doing a 5x5 workout and I'm pretty happy with the current progress.

Lower rep counts are more beneficial to myofibrillar hypertrophy (strength), then to sarcoplasmic (size), however the two are both nessicarily to gain significant mass as not training strength hurts your progress and also encourages sarcoplasmic hypertrophy at the same time as myofibrillar just as a higher rep scheme would also stimulate myofibrillar growth assuming you are living at least 75% of your 1 RM, what is more interesting of a difference between high reps and low reps typically is ATP stores

You also don't do yourself any favors by not training strength as reaching higher PRs allows you to deload the weight and train for time under tension at a higher tension which will put size on you at a faster rate

Diet is also extremely important, as is what type of gear your body responds to for you to go beyond your natural limit, if you plan to compete

lifting* not living

>Found the "anything else but american"
ftfy

have you ever done abs

Not really planning on competing anytime soon, and I don't feel like I'm educated well enough for gear (I also don't quite have the finances or base strength for it.)

That being said, new PRs is definitely a goal alongside growth. I'll just be recording and adding to my progress a little more routinely. Thanks for the awesome advice.

What are... Abs? Is that the shit you get when you try to go full skeletor after bulking?

Man fuck that.

>EVERY DAY IS ARM DAY
>EVERY DAY IS SHOULDER DAY

WHAT DO WE SAY TO CHEST DAY?

NOT TODAY