Is Beware is one of their best songs? Best lyrics in their whole discography imo

Is Beware is one of their best songs? Best lyrics in their whole discography imo.

I think it seemed very much like a mission statement at the time, it was like their calling card. By the time even The Money Store had ran its course, though, they had actually staked a claim as a hyper-aggressive, blown-out, sort of post-technology noise hip hop outfit.

It seemed really hard to categorize them during the roller-coaster that led to Jenny Death, but now that they're past that, I feel like they actually have a reasonably defined sound throughout their existing discography.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20. Personally I'm a sucker for a lot of the lyrics on Niggas on the Moon. Stefan's mix of mysterious autobiographical wailing combined with an out-of-nowhere irreverent pop-culture sensibility, he broke his own lyrical mold of being a usually pitch-black poet.

reddit

But yeah, I think Beware is excellent. I'm not sure it would crack my personal top 10, but without thinking about it, I'm confident that they have at least twenty--not just good--but great tracks.

people like you are the reason this board is so shit

What

The entirety of Exmilitary is fantastic. I genuinely think it's probably their best album.

fuck user, that's why we can't have nice things

And by the way I hope I'm not sounding ridiculous with all of those hyphens. But I don't think there's a vaporwave-style buzzword for that sound yet, and I don't want to be reductive by calling it something it's not.

You're an idiot.

>well worded post
>rebbit lmao

Not user, it's all fine. And i fully agree with you

post your top 5 Death Grips songs
>Artificial Death In The West
>Hacker
>Beware
>Inanimate Sensation
>On GP

On GP i also one of my favourites. I fell in love with that riff, lyrics are good too

Lord of the Game
On GP
I've Seen Footage
No Love
Beware

Nah, yeah it sounds cool as shit the first time you listen to it, but holy shit that track is repetitive as fuck. Once the main beat drops it only switches between a verse and a chorus for five minutes straight with no variation except a tiny drum fill that's the repeated periodically.

It would be a far better track if it was half its length.

This is the problem with a lot of Death Grips' music in general for me. Each track is made of one cool idea that gets repeated ad nauseam in that track.

yes

anti-intellectualism isn't a part of our culture tho

dude you're fine. the only thing i really disagree with is the "post-technology" bit because I'm not entirely sure what you are suggesting.

I'm use the "post" in a deconstructionist sense, because they lean super hard into weird effects, compressors, and blown out keyboards. Like, it isn't electronic music, but instead it's a really extreme distortion of computer-based tools.

congratulations you've won the worst post of the day award

this board is dead