Best show of this year you been to

>Best show of this year you been to
>Worst show of this year you been to

Other urls found in this thread:

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/john-carpenter-victoria-warehouse-gig-12099118
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

honestly Sup Forums is a better board nowdays

>best
Wayne Shorter
>worst
Toots and the Maytals

okay?

fuck off

*gets mad*

alright

best: Sophie
worst: AnCo

>Best
Titus Andronicus
>Worst
Drake vs. Kanye

>best
Turnstile
>worst
Megadeth

>Best
Chance the Rapper
>Worst
John Carpenter because this manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/john-carpenter-victoria-warehouse-gig-12099118

>best
I liked melt-banana & ty segall a lot desu
>worst
There was a lot of shit sprinkled at the festivals I've been to, De staat, editors and two door cinema club were all awful

>Best
The Sounds
>Worst
Warbringer

>two door cinema club
How does a band go past it's sell by date so quickly?

>best
bruce springsteen
>worst
disturbed

>willingly going to Disturbed
Why?

only normies go to concerts

>best
Paul McCartney
>worst
Elton John

best: OPN, Holly Herndon and Squarepusher in one night

worst: some local shit

They were playing at my school and student tickets were only $10, friend talked me into going

it was actually pretty okay though

>best
Nicolas Jaar
>worst
Grimes

>Best
Julia Holter, it was in a cathedral so it sounded incredible, and the lighting made it look great.

>Worst
Motion City Soundtrack. They were breaking up and my friend is a big fan so I said I' go with him to their last concert near us. Wasn't really bad desu, just boring forgettable pop-punk.

I don't know man, they played like they didn't give a fuck and just wanted it all to be over

Toots & The Maytals sucked? That's horrible to hear, I've seen them live twice and both times were fucking amazing honestly
What was up?

>best
Antwon with GDP, others
>worst
Back to School Jam (Title Fight, Turnstile, Turnover, etc.)

>best
Anderson Paak
>worst
my friend's dad's bar blues band

What acts did you not like from Back to School Jam?

The band looked like they didn't want to be there and just there set a steady beat so the singer could showboat. He had lots of enthusiasm and tried improvising over the melodies of the songs loads but it was all just very generic and samey vocal riffing and it got really tiring by the end of the set, which wasn't even that long. Just came across like he was reaching so hard and really thought was doing fantastic but it just sounded shit.
Also, I've never seen a guitar player so poor play to so many people before. He's got an alright vocal ability but I've seen beginners play better.
I'm pretty fond of Funky Kingston and maybe I was being a bit presumptuous to assume they'd all still have that level of ability and creativity. FK was done 40 years ago with the aid of a studio after all. I went in with high enough expectations and I was pretty disappointed though.
It was also early in the day at a festival so they were almost certainly not at their best but even taking that into account, it was still piss poor. I've no interest in seeing them again.

Best
>Gucci Mane
Worst
>Mount Kimbie

Best:
Jeff Mangum

Worst:
Panic! at the Disco + Alt-J

oops I didn't read. This was of all. This year though...

Best:
Either Kishi Bashi or Frankie Cosmos

Worst:
Some local stuff. It wasn't bad, but just some high school kid playing.