How old were you when you learned that the Earth isn't actually round?

How old were you when you learned that the Earth isn't actually round?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs
bbc.com/future/story/20160603-the-earth-is-definitely-not-round-but-its-not-flat-either
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_transfer#Radiation
irondisorders.org/how-much-iron-is-in-the-body/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>305 replies telling OP he's retarded later...

We're all born with this notion, public school tells us different.

Flat is a mindset.

It's so obvious.
I dare not speculate what minds are behind this round earth hoax, but somebody is gaining alot of money and power from this.

worst meme ever, just fuck off

when i turned 44 and i was still a virgin i realised that the flat earth campaign was for me

Concur

I bet you believe the earth is 6000 years old too

nice b8 m8

That makes no sense tho?
We have carbon dating telling us it's 4.5billion years old

The earth is not flat. And even if it was what motive would people have to tell you otherwise?

i was od enough to know that if i don't go along with mommy's conspiracy theories she will beat me with a belt and let daddy put his pepe in my mouth

Well carbon dating won't do it, its not got a half life long enough. The earth not being an oblate spheroid is ridiculous

Not sure why people decide the Earth is round. It's not, even if it weren't Flat, due to fucking PHYSICS it would be more like an egg shape.

Round is just a simpler term, would you rather say "oblate spheroid" or round?

Its flat on the back of a turtle and its turtle all the way down! Lol

One of many things that confuses me about the idea of a flat earth is travel. You say its flat, but if you travel across the Pacific ocean you'll for sure reach China or some other country along Asia's east coast.
That does not coordinate very well with your flat earth idea. What's your explanation behind that then?

>somebody is gaining a lot of money and power from this
My guess, the tinfoil industry.

Wait, like this OP????

you're all wrong

Your pictures wrong there an infinite amount of turtles bro! Lol

>Not sure why people decide the Earth is round. It's not, even if it weren't Flat, due to fucking PHYSICS it would be more like an egg shape.

Completely untrue.

the earth is 7,926 miles (12,756 km) in diameter at the equator, and 7,898 miles (12,714 km) from pole to pole. The difference is 28 miles (42 km).

To put that into a sense of scale, if you shrunk the earth down to a ball 1m in diameter, the difference between equator and pole would be about 3.3mm.

Mount Everest, on the same scale, would be 0.2mm high - about as thick as a sheet of stiff paper. The Marianas Trench, the deepest point in the ocean, would be about 0.3mm deep.

>finite space
>infinite turtles
How does that work?

Glory to you user, 4 u hav spokenn da truth

Turtles go beyond the laws of physics. They are not beings of this realm

The explanation is that airlines are in in the conspiracy

Im sorry you have to deal with this user

Godspeed

>worldwide conspiracy spanning hundreds of years of independent studies.

So basically no matter what evidence pointing to the reality of a mostly spherical planet you're given you're just going to say that some other collective is in on this "conspiracy".

That makes even less sense

Don't spark up this dry ass Mexican dirt meme in my presence

Are people still falling for this thread?

you are as about stupid as he is. there is much science that can justify a flat earth, the earth we see is nothing but a shadow, and even the possibility of it all being a simulation.

in the end we dont know so stop taking silly things as a definite.

I was 10.
I saw my dad fall off the edge and into the void.

How old were you when you dissatisfied General Kong?

Earth isn't flat, it just looks like it from certain angles.

>Pic related

Come on why dont use have faith in the turtle lol

ok how would someone gain money or power from saying the earth is round?

>walking down the street in mexico
>slip
>die from impact in toronto

Round the world plane trips dick lol

I don't believe in a flat earth, flat earths will hid behind the conspiracy card when presented with evidence

The only shape that casts a round shadow at all times is a sphere, there isn't much science to backup a flat earth. Don't be stupid

Turtles do t lie dont even talk so theres truth in that lol if you dont listen lol

k.

Man this is some fingerbox tier bait

if the earth is flat, how do we stay on it?

Magnetism

No shit sherlock but look at what you get world is full of dumb cunt that just can not understand how the turtles work lol

watched in huffington post, my answer :
-in front of a black hole it is a wall, far away it is a disk : like earth lol.
-when you travel the earth, your local map is always a square, but is shared with other ones. Even the less, it is represented forever on a square map (deformed, they say)
-locally the perimeter of a circle is round, but yes it is not 2*pi*r when you talk about no-local map.
-finally, the sun looks like a circle, but it doesn't mean a representation of the earth has to be a circle.

Of course, here, a propriety breaks this feeling : the distance from pole to equator is larger than the radius : we cannot know it's a square from the surface, in long range, but no-one told us so!!!!

Explain eclipses you dumb fuck.

>Round the world plane trips dick lol

Plane trips, 2,200 years ago when they first calculated it was round?

Plane trips, 500 years ago, when we first circumnavigated the globe - a time when the chance of surviving such a journey was about 7%? (the first voyage was 4 ships, and 237 crew. just 1 ship with 18 survivors made it all the way round.)

You seem to have a very limited grasp of history.

KEK

lol 33 no

explain how a magnet works

3 flat things sun earth moon line them up shadow eclipse solved lol!

Magnets simple my brother magic lol jesus one powerful dude to keep allah from going 100%

youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

7000 years you dumb faggot Pic related

a few years ago actually.

bbc.com/future/story/20160603-the-earth-is-definitely-not-round-but-its-not-flat-either

k.

magnetism is no-contact warming, like a fire does... it's here : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_transfer#Radiation

Iron in our bodies interact with the earth's magnetic field, pulling us towards the ground

fuckin cia always tryna fuck our shit

Magnetism is a force that effects moving charged particles

When will use atheist realise that dinosaurs are fake and made up by the illuminutty

that's not magnetism. that's heat transfer

so it effects neurones... happy the one who use the kit for handphones when he talks a lot xD

To anybody to genuinely thinks the earth is flat, I have two questions that you can never seem to answer

1. What's on the bottom

2. How far would I have to drill to come out the other side

irondisorders.org/how-much-iron-is-in-the-body/
how the fuck can a magnet keep us all on earth when there's only 4 grams in an average person? if it was strong enough to keep an 80kg person attached it would just rip out all the iron particles

What are you talking about?

Ive been saying for ages a turtle bro!

what is a sleep for a negro, and a move for a white one? shall not go for it! since you have power...

The liquids in our bodies acts as a buffer

But help the turtle stay afloat

>1. Kyrgyzstan
>2. 37.2 Kilometers

>Thinking the earth is more than 200 years old
Guys plz

there's a slight bulge on one side of the either though. it's not because of mountains and shit, it's just the earth has a bulge to it.

personally I feel it when someone calls me, at the beginning at least, so first neurones can be isolated with some bio material (fast connections), and you can hear inside some metals barrier which stopp the radiation in principle. SO a study shall be made about phones and neurones...
second, how sensitive a neurone is? They are inventing some radiation to activate someone through space, with electromagnetic material... so I don't believe that there is no effect...

but it would just rip out all the iron particles. the iron in our bodies isn't kept in place. it needs to move around.

1. There is no bottom. So called south pole is the outer ice ring. See admiral's Byrd trips ***over the south pole***
2. The deepest hole ever drilled is almost 8miles

Kek

Could i feed you a sandwich with a hook answer is yes enjoy the bait lol

but how far do i have to dig before i fall out of the other side?

Underneath each turtle there is another one.