Why was there any hype for this game in the first place?

Why was there any hype for this game in the first place?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u3vZQDoIpuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>complains about hype
>creates thread about game, thus creating more hype

good job user

The title and the art direction are both very aesthetic and captured the imagination and attention of hardcore gamers and normies alike.

I stopped being hyped for any game since Metal Gear Solid 5...biggest disappointment in gaming industry.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided comes out next week. If that sucks, I'm probably gonna be done with gaming. It's my last hope.

It's like buying a pair of shoes. Say I spent 60 bucks on a pair of shoes and I wear it some days and I wear other pairs on other days. You don't buy the same pair of shoes but you keep talking shit about it. Don't you have something better to do with your time?

because he concept sounded cool but the essentially filled the universe with nothing

Samefag

Game is shit. No multi(even tho it was promised) shit creatures looks like a spastic 6 year old made them in spore. Game has like maybe ~6 hours of real enjoyment before it's over. Has the balls to charge 60 dollars for a 30 dollar game because the developers went to the Tim Schafer school of budgeting

No

Game is exactly what was promised, minus the multiplayer. This is in the works anyways. It was marketed as a discovery/exploration game. Still should have only been 30$ though.

Easy solution for you. Shut up and play other games you like.

The trailers showed more then there was in it tho.

Ya don't ask any questions user cus that's hype!! 10 posts worth at the moment, on shit 4chins, hey that's still hype!
>complaining and thinking your calling someone out for doing something wrong..
>your not
>you're just being a faggot

>This is in the works

I'm guessing you mean they will update the game a lot and new features will be added.If that is so,can i learn your source ?

Try playing less AAA games that always get over hyped and will never live up to the hype

10 bucks. 15 max. It's worth nothing more.

They announced more content is coming. Guess shit they didn't get time to finish

I smell poorfag

I do that too - I have 598 games in my Steam library. Most indie games I play suck too. The only ones in recent memory I have enjoyed are Papers Please, The Fall, and Cook Serve Delicious.

even if there was multiplayer the game is so fucking big that you wouldn't be able to find anyone.
why do people complain this when there's like ~100 thousand people scattered across 18 quintillion planets jesus fucking christ

Well in that case it sounds like you've over saturated yourself and so you're never gonna get an experience you want again. Sorry

What? Ask you said was it is artsy and long time gamers and new ones like it. Tell me why you like it you pretentious cunt

All you said*

wayy too much hype

I'm saying that the name of the game and its art direction is why there was hype. Once the game came out, it failed to come close to living up to expectations.

I'm fine with it. Fun just to cruise and explore high as a kite, taking shots every time you come across an animal that has a dickface or a vagina headm

Nobody knew what it was about. It also looked really cool a couple times. I feel like it was a niche game that got big that a ton of people are pretending they still like even though it's not what they thought. I always knew it was supposed to be a game made as a homage to Retro sci fi like Dune, Star Wars, and The Forever Wars but I didn't know there'd be NOTHING to do in it. Even I was mislead because I thought there'd be more to the space fights or trading or survival or even exploration but I've done about everything you can do in about 40 hours of game play. I was optimistic until I realized you're not supposed to stay in one area too long and there's no Arrakis worms like they showed in that trailer. I also have gotten headaches from all the goddamn red planets. Every snow, ocean, and flora planet I come across (about 70% so far) is fucking red and none of these planets are a nice green. I've come across 2 maybe. Just maybe.

That's their fucking fault for not expanding the team. This shit has been in development for almost ten fucking years now. They have time for Thargoids.

You're using the word "Aesthetic" incorrect you fucking clod

Went looking, 404

How is complaining about a game creating hype ?

Might as well play this superior game if you just want to explore.
youtube.com/watch?v=u3vZQDoIpuU

ITT: kids too young to realise the hype train was forever ruined since the release of Daikatana

Advertising.

>Tim Schafer school of budgeting
My fucking sides. That's a good point, user.

i'm intentionally using it in the accepted and proper meme way, newfag

Why even come here if that's your contribution ? It's not even like that is a good argument, or that you are justified in making it. Next time avoid posting and "Shut up and go to another thread you like" you fucking ape.

>your
>you're
How do you fuck one up but not the other?

dont blame the creators.. blame Konami for fucking that game up and not letting the creators finish it as intented

Not trolling... those are both "you're"

Paedo detected
MODS

>100k
Sean pls go
The games dead

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Or space engineers

Planates in that game suck at this stage but exploring the galaxy and building spacestations and ships is fucking awesome

This thread is so pointless and stupid

Don't know but game is so shit I played for an hour till I realised you can't build shit or do anything but travel and scan things

Because there are 0 good games that come out now, when anyone thinks there may be a chance that a game won't be complete shit is coming out, there will be insane hype.

But, of course in the end the game is found to be a boring old glitchy rushed piece of shit that the devs lied about as usual.

hahahaha pre order games, when newbies are gonna learn that pre ordering games ruins the efforts of the devs since the start.

Problem with space engineers is it takes 40 hours just to make a nice looking ship.
Would be nice if the game had pre-made ships with construction points so you can still practically make your own designs.
A lot of people don't want to spend all that time designing.
The game is only about making a ship not about exploring.
The actual exploring in space engineers is garbage.

PR shill has entered the thread.
Can't even post properly.
How much does it pay?

Green lantern rings...

Is it fucking even possible getting to the center of this god damn fucking game.
I've spent the last 3 days just baha blasting my sorry ass stumbling through black holes and raping my fuel cells to get somewhere, and I'm not even 1% closer to the center

No just posting what I've seen. Bored at work.

I mean, I paid full price for it and have played 14 hours or so. Slightly annoyed, but I'd be perfectly fine with it if I paid 25 or 30 bucks. Canadian Dollars that is. But none the less, still gonna play it.

had the exact same shit

Because they were overly mysterious about the game. They only showed a couple of demos and then refused to provide content details beyond that. Probably because the gameplay want that deep. The space fighting sucks and there really isn't that much to discover. Once you've visited a handful of planets you've pretty much seen it all.

Game?

hype... i have gameinformer and ive never heard of it
>what game?

Marketing.

>No just posting what I've seen.
>not even played the game
>trailer footage

People didn't realize you can't just have algorithms generate a shitton of shit and have it come out good. Thats why all the worlds are so uninteresting and ugly.

Cow from that Kung fu movie.

Fact: if you pre order games, you are a dumbass and you should start expecting things like this to start happening more and more.

>being this autistic.
Look through the trailers and you won't find anything exactly like what I've put up.

Yet you can't even see other players in shared areas like space stations soo...

trips of denial

All the hype was fan and media.
The creator tried many times to curb expectations!!!

no publicity is bad publicity

lol it's not hard to create hype when you have a publicity team or a presenting an alleged "revolutionary" product

>Random map generated pokemon go for autistic fat children, because you don't even need to move.

Well the games not what we expected, it's dull and empty but it's a solid platform that plays well, gameplay is nice the spaceships are wonky as fuck there's not multiplayers the UI is smooth the planet generation is honestly not as bad as I'd expect and the scripted events like the Atlas and other shit is rather good ... honestly it's a solid game just hope there was more, maybe there will be more? Wouldn't hold my breath but it's a nice game to have for playing offline I guess. I rate 7.2/10 still better than these fucking COD games

I love how aspies use the "muh quintillion planets" argument like people wouldn't have been fine with a good well thought out game with only 500 planets.

>Kung fu
I think you mean Kung Pow

Because thats all PS4 is.
PC is just shallow graphics.
Xbox One is the best online quality dedication and support for a console ever.
Nintendo is some all time classics too

>PC is just shallow graphics.

sure, if all you consider are 60 dollar games. but PC is leading in indie and casual games.

don't talk about things you have no clue about.

no mans sky more like no mans play, lol ded

If that's the name of it. I was just stating the genre.

implying any other kung fu movie has cows

Any older pc games that are similar to this? Apart from maybe KSP which I do play.

>head injury fag
>can't see well anymore
>can't handle fast paced vidya anymore
>getting real tired of games I have been playing
>my pc cannot run this
>love space, love the idea of just exploring and fucking about

Gonna be getting a new pc next month ish just wondering if there is something similar to this, I love the idea of getting super stoned and going to space

why do you care about the center though? were you hyped about getting to the center right before your purchase?

heard it has tons of pc issues, even on hardwares compatible with the game

hype and publicity are different you pleb. No ones getting excited fr something when they see it getting shat on.

You know it will though

I havent played it for a couple days. Does the planets get more "lively" closer to the center or is it all shit?

May i present, the 9gag argument

Lel sounds like you're buttmad about paying sixty bucks

yeah i have heard the same. My thing is I'm not super concerned about being able to run it fully optimized, can't see well enough for it to make a difference anyway so it no longer matters.

Only have a laptop atm at it was new like..idk 6 yrs ago and isn't anywhere close to being able to run this on any setting.

>maybe I should just get a console

Actually kinda true. IGN was fucking retarded and called sean a "genius" every two seconds.

6/10 too much space

A star wars game would be perfect in this world. Being able to fly to different planets and shit would be dope. I can't wait for games to be this big and interactive.

Anyone here enjoy and play starbound? Is it comparable?

Someone please tell me what game this is. I can't find it with reverse image search.

Are you a fucking idiot? It's no mans sky