I'm just back from bloodstock, a metal festival that was probably one of the best weekends of my life

I'm just back from bloodstock, a metal festival that was probably one of the best weekends of my life.

ask anything

where any of you cunts there?

i will try and preemptively answer a few obvious questions to get the ball rolling

I was there working in the serpent's lair. Was a good weekend!

no i only go to good festivals

these guys were probably my favourite of the weekend. closely tied with slayer and behemoth

their chunky riffs kicked my fuck in

like what?

i've been to a good few and i think bloodstock is probably the best. it was my third time going

doing what? is that the VIP section?

i dont get the hype about VIP camping. even if I won tickets i would still rather camp in Midgard were all the fun is

Part of the photography team, we did some main arena stuff to with the display guys.

Midgard is definitely the good campsite, I think the appeal is the bar in VIP and also its open later than Sophie stage if people want to party late

*The cosplay guys

I did Wacken Open Air in 2010, was also one of the best times of my life

can't say i really used the bar that much. the only larger was carling which is fucking stinking. some other options would be good i guess. the sophie stage is open till 3 im pretty sure which is late enough since kicking about the campsite is where most the fun is

is there bin jousting in VIP camping??

That's what I mean, the vip bar has fuckloads of ales and ciders. Although they start to sell out

I don't know as I was in crew camping. But probably not. I saw a dude break his arm bin jousting last year

metal festivals are the shit

ive done bloodstock 3 times and sonisphere uk and download as well. although the other ones get better lineup i think i enjoyed bloodstock more. the vibe and the size make it perfect

im thinking of going to obscene extreme next year just because the crowd looks so fun

How do metal festivals compare to edm festivals? More/less drugs? Stricter/laxer security? Good vibes?

Same question for bluegrass/jam festivals.

great vibes. everyone is in good form and you dont really get any dickheads. metalheads although they have a rough exterior are pretty much big softies

there is defiantly less drugs but still quite a lot of hippies about. its not hard to score anything you would want to take. a lot more drinking.

the security are so sound. you wouldnt even think they were there it ran so smooth. at bloodstock there isnt any police either. you dont get searched on the way in really. they just ask if you have any glass or gas and as long as you say no you walk on in (i did smuggle some glass in)

In 07 yes

Sounds pretty chill, I'm more an EDM guy myself but if I could ever conceivably hit up a metal fest with a decent black metal bill I probably would.

Although somehow I doubt there's more drinking at these things than the festivals in my neck of the woods.

i don't know man, there is a lot of booze. a lot of screaming going on throughout the campsite.

i go to loads of local fests too where there is more drugs but ive never seen the kinds of drinking like at metal festivals.

in 07 what??

I'm from Wisconsin. That's the only reason I doubt it.

Probably is more screaming at those though, not hard to beat the occasional wolf howl or round of "Where's Carl?" that run through the camps around here

there was a black metal band ghost bath playing and the singer has a really distinctive "YAHHH" vocals.

we were sitting in the campsite while they were playing (you can hear the bands from the campsite) and every time he did that scream the whole campsite echoed it. shit was so funny. the joke went on pretty much the whole festival. at night when everyone was drunk thats when the yahs really came out. you could constantly hear them around the campsite

You guys like to slap the bag at those things? I know I've heard wizard-sticking is pretty big at most metal festivals.

I went to blood stock