Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SHY5uxM8vkc
youtube.com/watch?v=EW1EtKkCq4s
youtube.com/watch?v=r2-FK6Pdu0c
youtube.com/watch?v=VO0nfoV771s
youtube.com/watch?v=kQSoR1LVILE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I LOVE !T.O.O.H.! YOU GUYS

You're in a band with your brother and he draws this as your album cover. What do you do?

black metal and its sub-genres are the best and all other metal sucks.

also immortal, watain, dissection, behemoth, dark funeral, batushka, and mgla suck ass and their fan base is comprised of huge faggots

"Looks fucking sweet man, lets use it"
What's the issue?

what makes some black metal amazing but other black metal trash? Bathory's sort of enjoyable but listening to it it seems like any three dudes in their basement could make songs like that with the right equipment haha

dont say 'the feeling' or the 'authenticity' please

djent

Do people who listen to prog metal have human rights?

No.

i come to associate that weird ass face with the band itself, like some weird mascot
also appears on Plod
it's fucking great

Scaruffi is probably a spy for the Chinese so i'd say yeah

Satanic metalcore

you just KNOW

>what makes some black metal amazing but other black metal trash?
shoegaze

>tfw too intellidjent for /metal/

>what makes some black metal amazing but other black metal trash?
atmosphere

This needs more views right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=SHY5uxM8vkc

As someone who listens to prog metal, I apologize for our autistic fanbase.

Djent sucks ass, by the way.

get out faggot

>tfw you been there

black metal is for hipsters

not it doesn't

Why is this better than Nightbringer?

Me chug chug chug chug gah

because it has actual riffs

why is most prog metal disapointing
all i'm looking for is a metally asia, yes, supertramp but ll i get is shit

WHY?

What, pray tell, is good black metal?

Djent is not a genre.
When it tries to be, it usually sucks, but polyrhythmic chugga chuggs are actually kind of cool to implement in death metal and whatnot.

?

There is nothing wrong here.

trips confirm

>not liking Pentagram

i don't care about black metal

who /beatdown/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=EW1EtKkCq4s

>Annihilator - Working On New Album
> Annihilator bassist/guitarist/vocalist Jeff Waters offered details, including the writing process and musical direction, of their next studio album, which serve as the follow-up to last year's Suicide Society

The JUSTening continues

Pagan Altar is better

BREATHE

youtube.com/watch?v=r2-FK6Pdu0c

YOU FUCKER

youtube.com/watch?v=VO0nfoV771s

already?

TWO-FACED (TWO FACED)
BASTARDS AND SYCOPHANTS

I was gonna post that. Slow ass fucking capcha

youtube.com/watch?v=kQSoR1LVILE
S O W H A T ?
O
W
H
A
T
?

I really do like that album
Psalm 69 is so fucking boring though

Why is Dream Theater so hated? Their music is great

their vocalist shits every song up

L O L
O
L

>The JUSTening continues
>implying
Annihilator has cycles of awesome and suck
The next album is gonna be suhweet

Subjective

Everything LaBrie does is fucking perfect

SIX O CLOCK ON A CHRISTMAS MORNING

he's unbearable

WHAT IS THIS

>H E L L

>E

>L

>L

WHAT HAVE YOU

>DONE

>O

>N

>E

Though I PREFER (get it?) The Mind, I like Psalm 69. I think both albums suffer from the same problem. Every track after a certain point is just bad or filler. (All after So What on The Mind, and all after the title track on Psalm 69). Fuck me Test is an atrocious song.

>tfw people just don't have the time for music anymore

I like him

James Labrie's voice is annoying. He fit their style on Images & Word perfectly, but he just sucks when he tries to be aggressive.

They wank around way too much. That needlessly long guitar solo on Stream of Consciousness. That fucking instrumental part on Endless Sacrifice.

Their lyrics are so cringeworthy. The Astonishing brought this to a whole new level. The whole story looks like it belongs on a fanfiction website, written at the level of a 13 year old.

And finally, their fanbase is full of autists who think they are smarter than everybody else.

I say all of this as a fan, by the way. They have been completely uninspired for some time now.

>wank to the extreme
>lack of memorable riffs
>awful fucking vocals
>equally bad lyrics, laughable concepts
>production lacks any punch and identity
>great
ok

i just don't like Ministry, that's my problem
The Mind has this synthpop+harsh metal vibe going on where it doesn't lose the abrasiveness of the latter but is as catchy as the former (although every fucking song is way too long for their own good, resulting in tons of filler moments)
i also like Rio Grande Blood

Progressive metal seems to turn out two different ways for me. The first way produces bands like Amorphis, Devin Townsend, Opeth, Vintersorg, and Symphony X who stick with a simple enough approach without a whole lot of deviation from the genre of metal music; the other way produces bands that like to blend in weird shit (mostly jazz) and other things to challenge the definition of metal music, and it's these bands that seem to rub me the wrong way. Now, I'm usually fine with jazz in prog rock; but when the band starts getting passed off as a metal act, I find that's not a good sign especially when these bands tend to be closer to rock anyway and I support the mindset that heavy does not equal metal. Let's tie this in with Haken and Aquarius by stating my general feeling for them: Haken are a boring prog rock band that accidentally convinced people that they're a metal band because they had some harsh vocals and some heavier sounding riff passages.

Let's start with the lyrics. Apparently, we've got a story of some fish girl who's abandoned in a river, gets caught by some asshole, and they eventually fall in love. What an amazing story! The material for a shitty romance novel put to musical form! Such an excellent concept for a so-called metal album! Such a great example for the children too! A classic story to tell them before they go to bed! Okay, seriously, is it just me or did Dream Theater really shit upon the idea of interesting lyrics and advised all their clones to do the same? I'm beginning to think the power metal detractors who don't like that genre for its cheese are attacking the wrong genre. Why anyone thought that this fish story is interesting is beyond me unless Haken was planning on making a preschool targeted prog rock album.

His best performance ever is on The Human Equation.

>The Astonishing brought this to a whole new level. The whole story looks like it belongs on a fanfiction website, written at the level of a 13 year old.
Screencaped
When pic related is sitting at #1 on the New York Times best seller list, I will remind this general every single day until Sup Forums is kill

I must agree that I like everything from I&W to Octavarium

Ministry is okay.
Why listen to them when you could listen to Godflesh though?

Filth Pig is an amazing album if you like sludge

>thats good
>no
>no
>agree
>no

Are there any powerful singers like Danzig around nowadays? Guy's got pipes.

>wank
>good

I don't think the songs are too long for their own good. I like repetitive shit.
Rio Grande Blood is cool.

Because the sound nothing like each other most of the time. Their pretty much lumped together because they are pretty much the only true Industrial Metal bands.

It has it's moments. 6/10

ARE DREAM theater just a pretentious rush of metal?

no, masculinity is toxic and should be abolished.

Can you guys recommend me some Repulsion worship? I hate Pig Destroyer style grind.

I agree with you for the most part, but I do like Haken. And yes, the story of Aquarius is not only the cheesiest thing ever, but quite terrible.

I really, really enjoyed The Mountain though. It's still got that Haken cheese-factor, but nowhere near the level of mermaids.

And yes, progressive rock is definitely more accurate

>being this assblasted that grindcore squeeling piggies aren't invited to tour with the three fucking tenors

Lars Ulrich has got some pipes

AOTY

I mean, there's Fear Factory.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>muh wank is bad meme

just cause yall can't play that stuff doesn't mean it's bad

WRONG

DICK
SUCKING
LIPS

It's a review from metallum.

I like wank tho. Just not in meal

I hate him so fucking much

I guess the early stuff was.

when did prog metal go from this

they sound nothing alike lmao

BOI

pretty good not the best, sucks the band split hope it doesn't fuck up future vektor

Mats Leven
>mfw he finally joined Candlemass

>implying implications

to this

all those implications were fully intended

Never mind, I checked it out again.
>Lots of tempo chances
>Actual drummer
D O E S N T C O U N T

Is this even worth checking out? I'm not big on anything past their debut and following EP.
I just don't want any goddamn clean singing, "epic" moments or happy guitar riffs.

How do I get into them?

u mad user?

Let's write a Catholic melodic death metal song Sup Forums!

>

dunno but I for one welcome our new prog overlords

>"epic" moments
Whats wrong with that?