What are the best headphones for home listening?

What are the best headphones for home listening?
Budget of around 200 euro

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/CCQCUv5e
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sennheiser HD598SE

check the /tg/ sticky

Thanks lads, will bear these in mind

These or Audio-Technica Meme-50x that are popular around here.

If you're willing to keep it strictly for home listening, the Grado225 models aren't bad either.

oops I meant to say Sup Forums

here is the under 200$ one
pastebin.com/CCQCUv5e

Thanks very much boys. I'm only interested in using them to listen, not to produce or record, would you say that the ones recommended so far are best for listening?

I've had experience with the HD518( lower end version) and recently bought the HD650. I'd say the HD598se would be ideal for just listening to music.

Just to remind you these are open back cans so you'll get a wider sound stage but will not block any outside sound and the outside will hear what you're listening to.

Thanks man, will definitely consider these as they seem like great value. I did look at the 600 and 650 but the reviews led me to believe they were a bit too professional for my needs

You can't go wrong with the ATH-M50x

Have mine for a bout 4 years now.

the 600s have a high impedance (300ohm), without a proper headphone amp they will sounds pretty bad. The 598 are much easier to drive with just 50ohm impedance.

They will work well with phones, portable music players and on board audio from your computer.

Not OP, but could you give some info on why you like them?

I don't know that much about headphones, but i recently bought a pair of AKG K240 mkII. After a little breaking in they soud excellent. They are semi-open backed so it does have a nice sound stage and when your music is loud people will also be able to hear what your listening to.

Do not get the m50x

Really nice build quality and sound. Extremely good for the price. Picked mine up for like 99 bucks

ITT: Falling for the Sennheiser meme. Get some Beyerdynamics

Don't listen to this guy. He's pushing a meme

Do the Sennheiser 600 range work with an iPod Classic? From what I've read they have too large a plug. What open headphones are best in that case?

The 600 comes with an adaptor that fit into the iPod classic. But without a amp from the iPod it'll sound pretty lifeless.

cheers dude, pretty new to the audio game and don't have an amp so I'm leaning towards HD598 SEs atm

Best to stick with the HD598se. Once you start to get into the HD600 bracket of headphones it can be a real deep rabbit hole with AMPs and DACs.

Enjoy them dude.

Keep in mind that there's also the cheaper alternative Sennheiser HD558, depends on where you live, though. They have the same drivers as the 598s, but built slightly differently.

The difference in sound is negligible. The 598s do look better though.

thanks lads, will be getting one of these I think

You're welcome. Enjoy your new headphones.

You'll start to hear little details you've never heard before once your ears have gotten used to the new sound that the headphones will put out.