Green Day SUCKS!

>Green Day SUCKS!

Daily reminder that you either love this song, or pretend to hate it.

youtube.com/watch?v=oGU7WgboLYc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=STbI1tDNxCA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's catchy, that doesn't mean its good

>no art for art's sake
fuck off mike you irrelevant cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=STbI1tDNxCA
best green day song desu

is it bad that i have no issue with this song?

>tripfag
pic related

completely forgot about it, shenanigans was pretty underrated(and better than most of their post-warning stuff)

why does every green day song have the same 5 chords and same boring half asleep vocal performance?

I don't understand how anyone can think this is good, this is something a 15 year old writes for his garage band.

I mean I like green day, but the only reason I even like green day is because of nostalgia from when I was a teen with shit taste. If I had been introduced to it now I would hate it

I'd much rather just listen to Jimmy Eat World or the Get Up Kids or a myriad of emo-pop/pop punk bands than Green Day.

>le "it's bad because it's simple"

I hate Green Day too, but your reasoning is shit.

it's bad because it sucks and sounds generic as fuck. simplicity is only good when it's something original and different, not the same chord structure as every other song in existence mixed with the same gainy guitar as every punk band ever mixed with bored as fuck phoned in vocals

>greenday
>punk

I didn't say they were a punk band. I said they were using the same guitar tone as any generic punk band. Learn to read.

They are a punk band. Pop punk.

What did he mean by this?

>punk band
>pop punk

>"I've only listened to American Idiot and Revolution Radio"

almost all of Dookie and Insomniac are 3 power chords in a early identical progression

Do you understand how broad the label "punk" is? Or are you still a little purist hardcore kid who thinks punk needs to be about "sticking it to the man"?

the majority of mu is a bunch of 15 year olds that aren't willing to listen to new music so they hold on to the shit stuff hopelessly defending it while getting into the accessible shit on essential charts

>punk
>not sticking it to the man

>simplicity is only good when it's something original and different

There is nothing really original in pop music. The nature of pop music is to be recycled with slightly different elements in each iteration.

As you mature and your perspective changes you'll probably come to appreciate pop music for what it is.

>As you mature and your perspective changes you'll probably come to appreciate pop music for what it is.

bitch I'm older than you

Green Day fits more in the alt rock thing rather than punk imo

this

also alt anything sucks cock
thank thurston whore and fart cobain

>thurston whore and fart cobain

rude

>thurston whore

>New album wasn't Nimrod tier at least

Fuck them

holy kek

>Thurston Whore, Kim Whoredon, Lee Renaldork and the other guy