Eternal /got/ general

>Got to hear GRRM's thoughts on a name reveal tonight

>He interviewed Joe Hill (Stephen King's son) at the Jean Cocteau. Afterwards he answered questions while Joe Hill was signing books. Someone asked him about the show's Hodor name reveal. He said that his name reveal in the books will differ in the context and how it happens. So while the name will still mean the same thing (Hold the Door), it will be very different from the show's reveal. He said he came up with the name idea in 1991 and seemed depressed that the show got to reveal it before he did. He said he had no one to blame but himself for his slow writing. He joked about how jealous he was of Stephen King's writing speed. He said he seemed to release an entire book every time he's only just written about a chapter and a half.

>Someone else asked him if he was caught up on this season and GRRM said all his focus is on the books. Someone complemented his chapter that he recently released online. GRRM said that this is a character that isn't in the TV show as his response. The tone of his show related responses made it seem like he no longer likes it. He did defend the show writer's need to make major cuts to the books.

first for what could have been

>HOLD THE DOOR
>mfw

Reminder that Westeros and Essos are one continent connected via The Lands of Always Winter and the Grey Waste

The Five Forts are the equivalent of The Wall, an eastern defence against the Others/White Walkers

>Ho D'dor

What did he mean by this?

>He said he had no one to blame but himself for his slow writing.

At least he's self aware.

I have made my peace with the fact that TWOW is never going to come out, and started reading the Wheel of Time instead. At least that's actually over and done with.

someone, hold the door

>Bran ruined Hodor's life to hold a fucking door
>the future affects the past which affects the future bullshit
so much for "realistic fantasy".

>The tone of his show related responses made it seem like he no longer likes it
Literally hearing what you want to hear

Sure is reddit in here today.

Cast her, /got/

I like this theory very much.

And they said this wasn't scifi

What's wrong with her face?

I don't understand what happened, if we followed Bran through his life up until the point where he mindfucked Hodor how was Hodor mindfucked all along?

would like to see this on a 3D globe.

No fucking way

her face is so round that hairstyle is very unflattering

the costume department should be ashamed

>mfw white walkers will be accompanied by winged men and shadow land dragons
make it happen based D&D

paradox.

too much weight, some people cant even carry 5 pounds too much without totally wrecking their faces

Reminder that life is unfair

Tell me about Willis. Why does he hold the door?

catfish guy are you still here? post more big ones that last one was crazy. and to that other guy yeah ive seen river monsters too, blows my mind how big those fuckers get

Pretty sure you literally cannot make it work. Especially not with Sothyros and the supposed 'Amyricos' to the west

So Bran never really needed to touch the Tree?

Can't fit it all in one angle

Why not?

Supposedly the east came under attack from "demons" from the grey waste during the long night

>Don't mind me, I'm just literally ascending to godhood.
Stannisfags, Jonautists, Kaloreeseebros, Jamieniggers BTFO

>secret 2nd wall

Reminder that Arya is called Horseface in the books. And that Brienne is described as being fugly.

He could always mind rape Hodor.

now post a picture of maisie when she was the same age as cordy for comparison

you are comparing a 20yo to a 14 yo

read as: cordy will be a slag when she hits 18 too

Is The Wheel of Time good?

That has to be shooped.

time travel

>He said that his name reveal in the books will differ in the context and how it happens. So while the name will still mean the same thing (Hold the Door), it will be very different from the show's reveal.

You're all the RETARDS and the KEKS now aren't you? I WAS RIGHT, I AM RIGHT. You're fucking WRONG. BTFO suck my nut faggits.

I'm usually good at ignoring bad writing but this is too much, how are so many people saying it's the saddest scene in the show so far?

>Arya 'horseface'
>Cast the roundest face possible.

Good, that's what you get for being a lazy fat slob. No one cares if it's different in the books if the books don't even exist yet George.

Kinda like TES. Each continent is just Tamriel in a different time. West is past, east is future.

They don't make up the whole world, still plenty of space for everything else

have you tried comparing it to the reverse globe during the intro?

nope

DELTE THIS

>Pretty sure you literally cannot make it work.

I said I liked it, but I know it's a stretch.

>and the supposed 'Amyricos' to the west

>mfw Sir Burger Of House Clapping invades Westeros.

Do not bully Maisie with shoops!

Arya was ugly all the time. And Cordy will continue being a cute. You know it.

But he was in the dream with the blood raven long after he stopped touching the tree

It's not secret, the Five Forts are known to exist

Ok pedo..maisie was an ugly kid to.

I know that map is complete bullshit because Westeros is 10,000 leagues (30,000 miles) long.

>this is the first he's heard of the Five Forts

fucking tripfags

Promise me, Ned.

He still is as far as we know. Max really fucked everyone over.

Generic question but I don't come here often, who is your favorite character /got/? Mine is Theon.

what? im not saying one is cuter than the other just that whoever is sperging that image is making unfair comparisons

you guys are the ones who loved loli-arya

not me so dont even go there

>Jonautists BTFO
Isn't that the character who was too boring to be featured last season, and now has returned to have almost half of his screen time this season devoted to Jon Snow's origin and revealing how important he is? I don't see how Jonbros are BTFO, but that's just me.

Cordy will never be a slag like masie and salsa. You can just fucking tell.
> this guy knows what he's talking about

I'll tell you all about that wall when you show me those tits, boy

The fat man admitted he fucked up the distances

Besides, no one knows how long the continent is because they don't know where the Land of Always Winter ends

Stannis

excellent

Martins borrows somewhat from Jordan. However Jordan was somewhat oldguard and refused to write sexscenes, whereas Martin is a pervert amongst fantasy authors.
If you think ASOIAF has lot of worldbuilding, wait until you dive into WOT.

>Plateau of Leng
>Carcosa

Don't forget to put Yog-Sothoth's butthole on there somewhere too.

shes got a snaggle tooth

maybe she use some of that GoT money to get it fixed

Where did he admit this? He's trolling you, it's a Dyson Sphere. Should actually be even larger.

STANNIS

i never understood this image

why the american flag?

So now Bran will just forget about Hodor and will use the Mountain as his new big guy

What do the colors represent?

It's VERY long, but you grow attached to the characters. Also god-tier worldbuilding.

Also, K'dath.

Surely you have to take into account the curvature of the planet to make it curl back around, and Sothyros is described as ludicrously big with nothing of note, to the point one dragon rider rode south for 3 years and didn't see an end to the forest, gave up on finding the end and turned back around. How on Earth can you fit something that big into a planet small enough that Westeros (like a weeks ride on a dragon) has an Arctic north and a tropical south?

Face it, GRRM is shit at worldbuilding, that's all there is to the shape of the world, explaining its dumbass geography or the fact that everyone on Westeros (including bizarrely, the children) speaks the same language, and across the narrow sea are 150 languages that bear no similarity to one another, but folks all look fairly similar.

>Isn't that the character who was too boring to be featured last season
No, he's the character who was cut out because if they finish his story, there would literally be no more story. Jon is only alive because Bran allowed it.

Because he's great like America

each entry in the series

Or Sandor

And Ulthar, where it's a crime to kill any cat.

The colours represent each book. Some of the books are longer than others

We all agree that the Children making the White Walkers is total show shit? And that GRRM has another origin?
It just doesn't make sense in the books.

I haven't watched the show since season 5 episode 3 because I'm a bookfag who got pissed at D&D's bastardization.

I was especially pissed at them killing Stannis and completely butchering his character.

I heard season 6 isn't bad though, and I watched the Tower of Joy scene on youtube (even that was butchered), but it looked good regardless.

Is it worth coming back into the show or not?

Is Bran going to MAKE WESTEROS GREAT AGAIN?

>dat jew nose

Could he defeat the mountain ?

DnD will probably have Bran kill himself to kill the Whitewalker king who is somehow him from the future

thats insane. think they taste like our catfish here in usa?

No she doesnt

Seems legit. What doesn't make sense to you?

He didn't finish the books for a reason. Here's a hint, it's cause they're shit.

Absolutely. I took my time going through season 5, it really was crap at stages. Then again, books 4 and 5 are pretty crap too. Season 6 has a lot of new revelations and much more exciting than season 5.

If He feels like it.

Shit is happening non-stop.
They're rushing pretty hard through plot points.
People are dying, info being dumped.

It's better than last season.

Don't come back to the show... You'll ruin it for yourself, but also you'll ruin it for us with your constant bookfag whining... Just fuck off to /bookworm/

if your autism can haldle book spoilers.

either way it's a good fucking show

I swear there's way more books in Malazan book of the fallen?

It's because he wrote himself into a corner and has no fucking clue how the plot should continue and how to keep all the characters' stories coherent.