How is life in Japan?

How is life in Japan?

not get shot at least

Snow piled 1 m 40 cm

You're welcome for us letting Hirohito stay Emperor

>even americans don't shoot in japan

Is it true japanese genitals are pix-elated?

So it's over the average japanese male?

paki here
how can i get a jap gf

I lived in Japan until I was 15, I guess I could answer a few questions

Japanese people are really friendly to white people, but in general they like their foreigners to act like foreigners, meaning doing shit like marrying Japanese women is kind of frowned upon. They think it's adorable when you try to speak Japanese, but I've heard that if you're actually fluent then you're expected to understand cultural norms. I've got an American friend still living there that pretends he can't speak Japanese at his job because at his old job they made him work 12 hour days like everyone else instead of 8 "gaijin" hours.

FTFY

> I've got an American friend still living there that pretends he can't speak Japanese at his job because at his old job they made him work 12 hour days like everyone else instead of 8 "gaijin" hours.

Japan is still butthurt about the whole losing in WW2 thing.

Which is insane since almost every jap that works 12-18 hours shifts spend most of their time procrastinating/pretending to work while getting as much work done as the lazy foreigners in a regular 8 hour shift.

It's a bizzare charade they play over there

Would it be strange for a japanese to wear kimono/yukata in the streets? And for a gaijin?

Nobody wants to be the first to leave because It would be dishonoraburu, so they have to play the waiting game.

>so they have to play the waiting game.
That is real? I thought it was just a meme.

You said you lived first 15 years there, is your race Japanese or did you born to American parents or what?

Yes. Don't do this. The Japanese like their foreigners to be foreigners, don't go marrying their wimenz and acting all Japanese bringing dishonoru.

That actually wasn't me but he's right, a Japanese friend tried to explain it to me one time but it basically came down to appearances, like he said.

I'm a white cornbread 'Merican, dad was military so I lived there from age 3 to 15.

If you're gonna answer, do it properly. Let's say I'm half japanese, but look like a regular jap

Have some common sense, why would ANYONE go in the middle of the streets dressed in traditional clothes of a foreign culture for no real reason?

Do it properly?

If you look Japanese it'll be fine until you open your mouth and they see you're not. I don't know how common feelings like this are but I've got gaijin friends still over there who have told me they get shit for having Japanese wives or for trying too hard to be Japanese and getting told off. I have no personal experience with this, my family was always "in our place" so Japanese people were always bros to us.

Like in cultural festivals, nigger texas

Yeah, I imagined it was like that, but again, for japanese people born and raised in Japan. Not me or any foreigners

Sounds like normal winter in the midwest.

For some reason we've been a little low on the snow this year. Of course now that I've said that we're going to get hit with it.

i just want a jap waifu
is that so much to ask

>In our place
Sounds kinda messed up.

So if I tried my hardest to learn Japanese as fluently as possible before studying abroad there they might be angry at me?

sounds like its more black and white, like they want you either to know that you're a foreigner and don't expect you to catch on, or full on commit in every cultural practice and mannerism

That's what I'm afraid of honestly.
I would be willing to commit a good deal while there, but I could probably never pull off the real deal routine.

I heard histories of peole who went to work there that their co-workers will do everything to fuck them so they get out. Sometimes even the boss had to fuck them over.

My job isn't quite 9-5, but it's 9:30-6, and I usually go home on time unless it's crunch time.

You have shitty hours if your job sucks, but I'm doing just fine.

but is that white man time or does everyone else in the office follow that too?

those are pretty much my hours so i'd be fine with that
shame software engineers make absolute shit over there outside of foreign-managed companies

I'm not white, I'm Japanese. I don't work in software, though. I do international tax stuff. About 90% of my department is Japanese and rest are foreigners.

Most people do one or two hours of overtime at most. A few people that want overtime money stay until 9, but not too many.

This is what we call here gaishikei, aka western work style.

hmm, maybe i'll try looking for a gaishikei company
i've already stayed there for two months and liked it, and i can understand the language at an n2 level (though i'd get to n1 before actually looking for a job)
i also know two whiteys over there who could probably help with the job search

i'm thinking even if i'd make way less, it would be worth it just for the life experience versus staying here and living out a generic american life

do you even ask of this? Japan is hellhole

Apparently it's a little weird if you're a foreigner. My cousin played baseball there for a few years, and he told me all about it.

pros
>everyone is really polite
>Japs LOVE fried chicken, they have it as like a Christmas delicacy
>it's extremely clean and safe
>food is good

cons
>Some places are for Japs only, either officially or informally
>Japs will sometimes take your picture because they've never seen a black person in real life
>not many people speak English that well

It would draw people's attention but no it's not strange. At least in city, not strange.

Interesting. Did the company start as gaishikei or did it change into it? Were you specifically looking for less work hours when looking for jobs.

How would a black man be treated in Japan? Would I stick out more than a white tourist, also I am 2 meters tall.

>Japanese people are really friendly to white

hmmmmmmm

stick out like a sore thumb

Don't act like a nigger and you'll be fine

Rude

>2 meters
are you Michael Jordan? either way Japs sure stare at you all the time or avoid you. it makes you pissed for sure but nobody tries stabbing you nor shoot you from back unlike in the US

DESU if you're doing computer related stuff, Japanese I'd probably pretty important. But a lot of gaijin in the business world don't speak Japanese at all. They live in gaijin bubbles.

I worked in the states for a year before switching jobs. I specifically only picked from gaishi because fuck working slave hours.

Well that doesn't sound too bad

You would 100% stick out more than a white tourist. Japs are very used to white tourists, because of all the western businessmen and American soldiers. But a black guy? You might as well be an orc.

strangely enough, this applies to white men with high height and big muscle. in other words, we treat blacks as well as whites.

So... are you planning on fucking two or three japanese girls and help on preserving japanese people?

but jump in front of train at least

literally every virgin gaijins make this comment

have they watched too many javs?

Horrendous work culture where people work themselves to death occasionally

Extremely stressful school culture

Hence all the NEETs and Hikkis fapping their ricelet dicks to doujins and fucking onaholes. Hence all the salarymen reading manga on the train.

Anime and manga is the only escapism in Japan. It paints a rosy picture of what is a fucking hellhole where you work, work and work some more. Why do salarymen get blackout drunk after work? Because their life sucks. Thus all the suicides.

The rigid cultural customs you have to abide by is annoying as fuck. I'm not going to call my boss or elder "sama" and bow down. The drug laws are fucking beyond draconian. They have a 99% conviction rate for a reason. Their legal system is corrupt as fuck and the people are so subservient to authority. There is no individualism allowed.

I like the history and buildings, it's nice to visit, but I would never want to live there.

are you ok?