Ftw there's actually college-educated retards that still believe the Earth is spherical

>ftw there's actually college-educated retards that still believe the Earth is spherical.
The "spherical" Earth supposedly spins faster than the speed of sound yet the tides move in and out. lolwut?
Christfag Round Earthers BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GY0xhUOL3vM
youtube.com/watch?v=njCDZWTI-xg
youtube.com/watch?v=QGyRtL_kO28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>GPS

I'm with you brother.
>inb4 muh gravity
The Earth is accelerating upwards through space, that's why you non-science retards think there's "gravity".

Good goyim...drink that Kool Aid. The government would never lie to you. Idiot.
Pic related: Flat horizon on top of Everest

What about GPS, retard?

How much land does that picture cover anyways? Doesn't look like a big enough portion of the Earth to show any discernible curvature.

It's fuckin' thousands and thousands of feet in the air. Besides, lense-corrected photos from the stratosphere show a flat horizon. Round earth is literally the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on people.

All new scientific knowledge can readily explain the existence of a flat earth. Seriously bro. Read about it sometime.

maybe earth is just

>bigger than us

Why does the Earth always cast a circular shadow that fully crosses the moon during lunar eclipses?

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it now.

Why would the Earth be the simplest posible shape that explains astronomical observations and that is easily formed mediante simple physical phenomena? Oh no, let's instead imagine some fucking retarded slab shaped thing with a weird bowl in the middle. genius!

this doesnt explain gravity faggot

this is bait

Will I fall off of the egde?

It's a LCD screen. The moon isn't real.

you don't need a round earth to have gravity

>samefriend

>please please please dont be real

A yet to be discovered shadow object that orbits the sun. By the way the sun is way smaller and way closer than you've been led to believe.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GY0xhUOL3vM

youtube.com/watch?v=njCDZWTI-xg

Aww bby doesn't think the gov't would lie to him? Get woke you fuckin' sheep.

This.

The reason astronomers see fuzz when they look through a telescope is because the screen's DPI isn't great enough to keep us fooled forever.

Looks curved to me.

Have you seen a doctor about your autism?

>Somebody actually put effort in this
That's much sadder than what OP, who most likely is just baiting, is doing.

Besides based on this model, the sun should be easily visible from any point of the Earth at any time of the day, no matter what time of the day.

Its actually not flat, ther'es a slight curve bitch cunt

So... what do you think of the other planets? And what basis do you have for believing in a flat earth?

Who put it there?

You really should get your eyes checked. It is flat.

This is way too lazy to respond to, so instead I'll say something more interesting: The problem people have with this line of reasoning is, obviously, a preference for low-factor explanations (which we call Occam's razor). Also, obviously, nobody has ever taken flat Earth seriously. The thing people confuse with flat Earth is geocentrism, the belief that the sun orbits the Earth, which was taken seriously for thousands of years.
The reason for the dominance of geocentrism for so long, basically up until Kepler and Galileo, is that heliocentrism had trouble explaining why the background stars don't move throughout the year. The answer is, they do move, but you need high-power telescopes to see and measure it. So in ancient times, a heliocentrist would have to posit not only that the sun is very far away, but that the stars are inordinately further away than that, which wasn't seen as a very credible position compared to the elegance of Ptolemy's model.

Same thing that put us in this box, duh!
How austistic are you?
Wake up.

The sun is only 32 miles wide you fucking mongoloid. How dense are you that you can't see the obvious factuality in that model?

So serious question.
It's well documented that there are two "poles" which seem to be frozen year round. If the earth is flat wouldn't that mean that all parts of the earth are getting the same amount of sun as all other parts?

after reading this im not longer a Trump supporter and am a HillShill now... #ImWithHer

>muh government
If by government you mean every person studying this, every person I met back when I was still studying Astronomy, including some of my own simple observations, then yeah, I bet they were lying to me, dumbass.

Y-You realize Occam's Razor allows for numerous exceptions...right? Good sheep, Christfag.

>32 miles
And how much is that in civilized units?

SeeRead the thread before making stupid comments, dumbass.

>So... what do you think of the other planets?

1 white man is a cuck so all white men must be cucks too. The government lies to you and me and they steal your money everytime you get paid and hand it over to NASA for doing fucking nothing! Does that not piss you off?

Nah, nigga. The earth is flat. The reason people can sail around the earth is because when they get to the edge, instead of falling off, they go through a portal that warps them to the other side.

>the earth is flat they said

Approximately 51 non-super power units.

If you put an ant on a basket ball and rotate it while he moves.
The world will be flat to him.
We are too small a scale to ever grasp the world as anything more than flat.

>are other planets also flat?
>when do we hit the ceiling of space?
>is space flat?

No... it's not dude, are you blind?

>So serious question.
>It's well documented that there are two "poles" which seem to be frozen year round. If the earth is flat wouldn't that mean that all parts of the earth are getting the same amount of sun as all other parts?
Further more, how does a flat earth theorist explain day/night cycles if the earth is flat?

There's no way anyone actually believes in flat earth. It has to be all some sort of joke, right?
Why would the government spend all this money and take all this time to tell us a lie that wouldn't effect our daily lives anyway?
There is no logic behind it.

What is the lense effect? How does it work? Nice b8, dummy. Too bad it's not lense-corrected.

Photoshop. How new are you?

More importantly, Occam's razor represents an aesthetic preference rather than a serious epistemology. Flat Earth is nonsense because of the amount of contorting you have to do to make it work, which is really the best that can be said about anything. I mean, seriously, read some post-Kuhn philosophy of science, it's basically all boils down to the aesthetic preferences of philosophers and scientists.
I mean, sure you're baiting, but there's no reason this thread can't also be interesting.

Then we should see a gradual decrease in the size of the sun, until it reaches a point in the sky in which it's somewhat closer to the horizon, but nowhere as close as it gets during sunset, instead of whatever retarded explanation that video is trying to make up.
Even the model in the OP explains this better, but it is just too damn complicated to just spontaneously happen in the space out of nowhere, considering the basic laws of classical physics.

>hurr durr i'm too stupid to watch the video that user posted that perfectly explains this.
Lrn2readthreads

Like pac man?

I'm sorry I don't follow.
Do you posit that the sun is smaller and closer is the answer to my question?

>implying I'm American

Yes, it is. Are you autistic?

We live in a box. Space, out side of that which we live in, is not real. It is a story tale to keep the masses fooled.

Holy fuck. I never really bought into flat earth theory until I saw this. I think I'm a flat earther now. Not even joking.

No one ever answers this question. What would the government gain? The satisfaction that they lied to us? Jokes on them, they're spending billions of dollars on something I couldn't give a fuck about

What created the box?

Exactly. And all the sea monsters have been sent to their little prison when Columbus touched them after eating cherries. They are just biding their time to get out.

I'll not watch this video. I would like you to explain it in your words so I can rip your explanation limb from frail limb.

I live in the western US
it is ~270mi from LA to Las Vegas
I have visited Australia
Sydney is ~40mi wide east to west
show me a flat Earth map with those two areas to scale
and I'll pay attention to the rest of your nonsense

Oh, another interesting thing, regarding Pac-Man. If you wanted to have Pac-Man be played on the surface of a three-dimensional object and have the horizontal wrapping, it would be on a cylinder. If you wanted to do the same with Asteroids, where you wrap around horizontally and vertically, you'd need to play it on a doughnut.
Which also means that Civilization is played on a cylindrical planet.

This fucking video

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

>kys

Exactly! You are starting to wake up.
Are you trying to wake cthulhu?

>It is a story tale to keep the masses fooled
But why?
Dude, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, in 2016 this extraordinary evidence would be perfectly within reach assuming the earth was actually flat. So if you really believe it is flat, prove it.

how is being fat related to having a "theory" which is actually fact? wake up sheepie

Prove it then

Wake up is not proof btw

Really, user? Do I have to do everything for you?

Fat earthers

Burden of proof is on you, Christfag. Not everything jesus tells you is right.

Don't be. Why would earth be the only flat earth and why would anyone rewrite everything they have ever known just to "prove" the earth is flat?

Stupid logic. Why would Earth be the only planet thus far with life?

Burden of proof is on flat earthers actually, considering OP claims to be one.
I have no idea why I'm biting, you're clearly trolling.

>space ceiling
Maybe you ought to graduate middle school before you undertake a discussion of this magnitude. Dumbest comment thus far.

You're a dumbass if you didnt see this bait

Am I seriously the only one who knows the truth? It's on turtles you dolts, other accelerating upwards or spinning. The turtles are just moving.

You want proof?
Here's your proof. Taken from the gov by the hackers anonymous.

How do you know it is? We haven't even scraped the surface of planets in the galaxy, let alone universe.

Is there not enough flat earthers to fund an amateur rocket program? Civilians can achieve this in the current day. Link related.
youtube.com/watch?v=QGyRtL_kO28

You can literally fucking see it, you can go to it

You just say "nu uh it's not been proven, therefore it's a massive conspiracy and the government built a fake moon and lots of stars and we live in a box"
How the fuck are you not the one making claims?

>if you don't agree with me it's b8
Sure thing. Do you have Church in the morning?

>Tries to explain truth of flat earth
>talks about hemispheres

To the people asking why the government is covering this all up. Its simple really. Its so they can save face. They were wrong about the earth being round, but they dont want us to know that. If they could screw something simple like that up, how can we trust them to govern us???

Sick bait son. You're going all out aren't you?

He's using terms that roundfags will understand. Don't be thick.

We don't trust them to govern us anyway. Fucking retard. No one would even care if when they first took satellite images of the earth the government came out and said 'wow guys turns out the earth is actually flat'.
No one would fucking care.

Official bait from the bait database of masterbaiters.

Well it depends on what you mean by real. Is there a big hunk of rock magically floating around above us. No, of course not. Is there a realistic, life-sized model up there to make us think there is a moon? You bet your ass, and it's your tax dollars at work friends. Incidentally, it's made mostly out of diamond, because the Jews want that motherfucker to last, and diamond being the hardest metal meant that it was an obvious choice.

Because another user joined in the trolling and the stories we spin dont match.
BTW, it is not a massive conspiracy and the government did built a fake moon with photoshopped stars and we do live in a box built by lizard space aliens.

I like how you roundfags are so bootyflustered you're trolling by pretending to be flat earthers and saying ridiculous shit. All the evidence for flat earth is available and not complicated. Sorry you're so BTFO you have to resort to kiddie tactics bc you can't debate like a man.

Okay I did watch it.
Now I put to you this. According to the video, what us spherical earthers refer to as "the north pole" would always have sunlight on it (which we know is not the case because of the well known months long night cycle in the furthest north). Why would the "pole" not melt? If the earth is flat, then the "north pole" should be the same distance from the sun as say Ohio during some of the sun's rotation. The obvious answer is that the "pole" would have to be further from the sun (read: deeper into the crust) and would readily fill with ocean water.

>diamond being the hardest metal
>hardest metal
>metal

Poe's law dude. Anyone stupid enough to believe the earth is flat would definitely be stupid enough to say something like this. On the other hand you are probably trolling.

#rekt
Flat Earth is real. Sorry your mommies and daddies lied to you.

>implying the government doesn't openly fuck up every 2 seconds
>implying once they say something they may never take it back and it is set in stone
> implying the government even cares if the public knows the lied

People don't trust them to govern us anyway retard