What's Sup Forums's opinion on this game?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YOELuFteIKs
youtube.com/watch?v=f_psGvt-n5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik
gyazo.com/62555cb9de72b740f41a35eb1e8a5a68
youtube.com/watch?v=WNUJ-xbIL8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think it's fun. Horribly optimized for PC though, waiting on a patch or some shit

Nice game but too expensive and its shitty optimized

gimmick concept they focused to hard on they forgot to actually make a good game

It's shit

Huge boredom killer, even if the game is aimless to a degree.

Don't understand why people are bitching over multiplayer though.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Oh, by the way, no.

4 hours into the game, have completed the storyline, have a fuckhuge ship and insane gear. Nothing is threatening. There is almost no progression. Story is shit. Exploration is shitty rehash premade buildings and poorly randomized wildlife. Shit game.

Why don't you ask Sup Forums's opinion on it? I'm sure it's probably "really good".

I actually enjoy playing it. I've got about 10 hour of playing and still haven't died yet. Trying to get to the center. My objective is always finding an antimatter to make warp cell so I can keep traveling through the solar systems to get to the center.

The reason people can't enjoy this game is because they have no imagination.

Most of the story is told literally through text, much like Zork. Even though all the aliens you meet don't actually do anything your encounter is described and gives you an idea of what kind of person this being is, and what you want to become.

Same with the Monoliths, I've read some trippy messages describing any ancient civilizations who lived on the planet I was on, what battles they went through and how they died.

It's a pretty nice experience overall It's not like Skyrim or Fallout, it's something completely different. Try smoking a bowl or something and just see where it takes you. I've had an amazing time playing this

>have completed the storyline
What storyline?

Why are no space pirates!!! Or factions that go to war in portions of the universe you travel in. Why can't I steal from a merchant or kill them. Game is trash.

youtu.be/YOELuFteIKs

I have 40 hours in, I have warped to dozens of stars but haven't made a legit attempt to go for the center yet

best PC game since daikatana

It's not much of a game rather than it is a planet generation tech demo with shit smeared over it.

I think op is a faggot

The navigation is fucked also theres alot of shit planets

Enjoying it overall tho

youtube.com/watch?v=f_psGvt-n5Y
My friend did a cover of this song, since you're leaving yours; here's hers.

There is one but its not important.

Anybody who's dissing the game because of its "storyline" isn't playing the game.

>imagination
rofl, that's the worst excuse I have ever read.
>Most of the story is told literally through text
So why did they need 500000000000000 planets? just make a single solar system with books all over ffs
>Try smoking a bowl or something and just see where it takes you.
I could find staring a wall interesting if i were high, that doesn't make staring a wall a good activity.

Huge universe, a shit ton of planets. But they are basically repetitions of 10~20 kinds of planets.
You can interact perfectly well with npcs even if you don't know a single word they are saying.
Grinding is boring, there is no progression other than getting more slots so you can get more stuff to make money quicker to get more slots to get more stuff.
You don't know who you are. You have no face, no body. No character at all.
Space ships are all the same, the only difference is the amount of slots they have.
Space fighting is stupid, so dumb holy shit
The aliens are all retarded, there is no significant interaction with npcs.

Basically a 20 dollars indie game sold for 60.

There are pirates.

youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik

This video sums up everything.

>Get in ship
>Go towards star in full spped for 5 minutes
>notice you arent getting any closer
>stop and look around
>nothing you can go to
>close and delete gane
it sucks

I think it is a knockoff of StarMade (which itself is really just minecraft in space).

Yeh. Yeh not me. Just found it cuz im a moron and follow weird tube links.

Got to the center in 4 hours?

It sets a frame work for a robust and in-depth experience but its not the game's goal. If DLC can deliver compelling goals and narrative plus modding could really make it truly amazing. Its still pretty comfy.

60 dollars overhyped space engineers with 15 quintillion planets that look slightly different but all are the same.

>4 hours

Too bad you can't refund it

>doesnt know a single word of a said alien language
>throws 10 iron in the alien face
>somehow he manages to tell you that bdgejhs means rare, hausg means ally and sdyuwe means beans, in his own language
>you understand, because fuck logic

It was definitely weird but I didn't know about the song until my friend showed me her cover.
Too bad it wasn't you I was going to say how shit of a job you did but I still saved it incase internet decided to go down.

Those textures are disgusting

Fun game, I love aimlessly exploring the planets. Very flashy but not enough meat on the bone to an otherwise good game.

5/10

Because it was one of the selling points. It would have made the galaxy feel alive just knowing other players were out there, and no matter how small that chance was, you may at any moment run into another player. It was a powerful lie.

>good game.
>5/10

I've seen two factions fight. Plus, they hint at updates later to include multiplayer. Maybe they will also up the action a bit.

Exactly, fun game that will get better with free content updates that is horribly optimized now.

I'd wait till they get a few things ironed out before getting it.

30 hours. Still having a good time.

>maybe they will
>hinted at

Lol holy fuck the guy said you could play the game with your friends and grief players. How much more cool aid are you willing to drink?

cant believe you faggots bought this game. Bet some of you even pre-purchased. Kill yourselves.

more importantly, with so many possibilities - anyone find any fuckable aliens yet?

>Basically a 20 dollars indie game sold for 60.
pretty much this!
to add insult to injury - the games AI is dumbing you down so much when it comes to flight control and navigation. especially on planet you do not have full control over your flight system.

from what I have read, NMS was originally developed for PC, then SONY gobbled it up/stepped in, and they frantically continued for the PS4, neglecting the PC version. Since the console makers are in for the fast and flashy buck, SONY put the thumbscrews on the devs , so a lot of features got cut out (there's even a reddit thread about it).
then in aftermath of Sony they cobbled together the PC version port, to dump the beta-version as a AAA priced game.
have a look at the STEAM reviews.
if you really want to look for yourself how it is, there's a GOG version w/o DRM floating around on the internet. google for it. it's about 2.5 gigs in size

After 5 hours into it, I decided that I'm sick of going around mining for minerals so I deleted it from my computer.

Best game of 2016
gyazo.com/62555cb9de72b740f41a35eb1e8a5a68

no refund. suck shit faggot.

I tohugh one of the few good thins about this game is that it was gorgeous looking?

A mile wide but an inch deep

Pretty much sums up this game

Run speed is too slow, flight controls are anoying
I can;t even crash my ship into a planet as the game chooses how you fly your ship

£40? Fuck off. It's branded a "indie game", I don't expect to pay more than £15 on a indie game. And it runs runs shit on decent PCs. For what it is, it's not worth it. If you want it wait for a sale or get it off igg-games

Bet walking simulator I've ever played

lel you think I paid for this. I was tempted to, so glad I didn't.

Well none because I'm not a nigger. But man, you're getting too hung up on action. Also they never said any of those things. I like the game because the scale is so huge that nothing you do really matters. Kind of like in real life.

I feel like I lost money. It should be sold for $20 if anything. There are much better 5 dollar games that fit the niche this game tries to fill.

I personally think the game is stupid... but my roommate loves it...

But I should mention just from watching him play... He's seen 40-50 unique planets so far. He's always talking about finding something new, and trying to show me some cool new thing he found.

That's the appeal of the game, and because that's the appeal, I don't really care for it. But it has grown on me a little, still never would want to play it.

The game is for a niche audience... Just because you're not a part of it doesn't make it a bad game. And if Train Simulator taught you anything about niche audiences, it taught you they are willing to pay for the experience.

Where did you download? I looked and keep landing on those annoying pages that give you the fake virus alert, cannot back out, and asks you to call a number.

idk, I just searched it on piratebay.

Multiplayer was never a selling point.

The developer said it was not a multiplayer game.

I shouldn't have to feel obligated to buy dlc to have a real narrative and compelling goals. That basically means they didn't sell a game, just the engine and now I have to wait for the actual game to be released.

The fuck is he an autist? all the plants are the same?

after you get to the center the quest resets and you have to get the the center of a new galaxy

>spoiler alert

Yep this guy gets it. I feel sorry for anyone who bought this game you got ripped off. Maybe if the community requested proof of multiplayer this would of never happened. Got wrecked by the hype train.

Here, this sums up how most people feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=WNUJ-xbIL8s

Doesn't support my OS.

Dude, there is video after video after video of him specifically saying you could find and see other players, he said this on major outlets, then right before release he makes a questionable TWEET that sort of makes it look like there may be no multiplayer... Then after two players could not see each other, he says he thinks it might be a server glitch... Are you still going to defend this guy?

He said there was multiplayer multiple times during interviews. He's a lying cuck.

isn't it just a newer version of Spore?

Being trolled this hard.

Didn't pull me in much after two hours, for the cost I figured best to refund it. The gameplay seemed somewhat bland and it might be a fun little time-waster, but it's definitely not a 60$ game.

Dude are you sure you're not gay?

how did you get to the galactic core in 4 hours?

>no capital ships for players
dropped

First, how does that make him autistic.

And second it took him flying to the 35th planet to come across trees with eyeballs for leaves.

It was planet 41 or 42 where he found tree's that had a ball of liquid containing the roots floating above the ground.

Sure there's a lot of repetitive stuff, but there's also a lot of unique stuff he keeps fawning over.

That surely doesn't make him an "autist"

He's autistic.

Also probably a literal fag.

So what? He lied?

And you're mad at me for having listened to everything he said, and thinking I'm defending him when I'm just telling you he also said the game is not a multiplayer game.

So the fact was we knew he lied one way or another, you're just mad you believed the lie, and I believed the truth.

How do I know it is a troll? I have actually seen people seriously defend him because of that fucking tweet he made. Do you know what Poe's law is?

He also said it was a single player experience multiple times during interviews.

It took you this long to realize he was a liar?

Dude they literally said there was multiple features they were adding. Dude even lied about changing the temp gauge from Celsius to Fahrenheit for certain regions and that didn't even happen. Dudes a lieng cuck even for basic shit.

I love the game, I played 40h on PC
It's just relaxing and I love taking my time to run/fly from outpost to outpost before going back the the little storyline.

There's a good lore behind the 3 (4) races in the game.

I still have to find my Atlas v2 and v3 passes ...

What hurt this game so much are :
- The "fake" trailers
- The niche game sold has it is a broad-audiance game

Good for you, you were one of the few people who got a hold of an obscure tweet, too bad for the millions of others who did not.
Thankfully I did not buy the game, I never do buy games at release.

aww did I bully your bf or something?

>you say "he never said it"
>get called out on your BS
>then you admit he did say it but it's "OK" because you ignored the lie you claimed he didn't tell

Are you a troll or a retard?

Then why did he say there was and wasnt. Why did he need to lie and confuse everyone. He's a cuck. Said his game was something when it wasn't. Stop defending him cuck.

I refuse to believe he's that stupid.

>PC Version
>72+hours
This is literally the best game I've ever played in my life. You are all fucking faggots. THIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE!!!!!!. I've been playing this game nonstop. I only stop to read articles on the game or to find any information I can. This is the most obsessive I've ever been with a game.

It's not stupidity, it is fanboyism and being in denial.

1/10

Get over it, it's not a bad game, and multiplayer wouldn't have made it any better for you.

It's a niche game, and both you and I don't fit in that niche. Many people that bought the game don't belong to that niche, and many people are upset that it's not what they blindly expected, because they heard only what they wanted to hear.

The hate over the game makes me sick, every single person that is bothered by the game could have just actually paid attention to what was described.

I don't like the game either, I think you're forgetting that, I'm just pointing out there's two ways to dislike a game. To simply not play it like me, or to go on Sup Forums and throwing your salt around because it wasn't Half Life 3.

Dude you sound like a faggot. No one cares if you buy games on release dates or not. Point is this game sucks. You joined they hype train and got fucked. He said there was multiplayer and there wasnt. He later on did tweet that there was an error. How much are you being played to defend this guy for lieng??

its 3D starbound

In my honest opinion. I believe the game was over-hyped. I enjoyed it for a bit, but that was about it. There are many different people saying it sucks and I know many who love it. Its up to you, if you want to be a faggot or not.

>paid attention to what was described

Holy shit, what the fuck is your problem? People paying attention is what caused the uproar, if nobody had seen the interviews it would just be another game. People did pay attention, they didn't know they were paying attention to lies.

Starbound is actaully fun and polished, though

You're just upset that you had to suck your mom's dick for 60 dollars so you could buy a turd of a video game.

FAGGOT.

I quite agree

Pirate ittttttttttttt

Wait... when did this happen? It's been "early access" since 20 fucking 12.

So like if some dude is yelling in Spanish and he's saying "tortuga" while pointing at a turtle, you're probably gonna figure out tortuga means turtle, right?

Hate how the same resources are on every planet. They should all have plutonium so you can get off the ground, but I wish there was more variety otherwise. This makes all the planets kind of boring and the same. I get how it could appeal to people who are into resource collecting, but it feels way too repetitive for me.

Multiplayer IS in the game. It's just too big to see anybody else. They even showed that video where a bunch of them had meet up and where flying in formation. It was in the first video I think.