So my uncle died about a week ago and I just got this at the funeral. I'm thinking about selling it...

So my uncle died about a week ago and I just got this at the funeral. I'm thinking about selling it. They seem to be a complete set and I know I can get a lot of money for them but I'm kind of wondering if I should try to sell the whole set or sell them piece meal. I know a lot of collectors probably only need a few of them to complete their own set and I could play on that to up the price of each individual one but it seems almost wrong to break up such a completed collection.

Any advice on what I should do? I personally only have a nice stained pine box for personal use but I need some money for college stuff so as nice as having a set like this is, I need the money more.

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/fingerboxes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dude, honestly i get it, school is important, but when you are his age you will want that shit. those boxes look rare as fuck. make the right decision. never part with them

Bump for help

Keep them man, in the future you'll regret it. He'd of weaned you to keep them. Theyre antiques, not many around any more.

Holy shit dude, are those all finger boxes? If they're real, they should be expensive as fuck.

sheet
thats $400,000 worth
those are custom

You sure? I mean I guess it does still have the glass display case and all that but that's a LOT of money, especially now a days. I've heard they hold value better than gold.

Dude just keep them

Fuck off OP "uncle died and left me this priceless collection" - I'm calling bullshit, probably googled the image. Either way boxes have been lacquered so newer than you think, probably new worthless repro's.

>$400,000 for boxes with holes
Jesus are they filled with cocaine? The fuck is that?

They're fingerboxes dude, wtf?

OP IS FAKE AS FUCK, just look up on google reverse search

>:^)

I called it. Fucking bullshit story.

What

What are they for?

Are you 12? They're fucking fingerboxes dude.

Were you close to your uncle? If so, keep one for yourself before you sell the rest individually. Pine ones don't last that long, in my experience, but these vintage ones look solid.

You put your finger in them. Each finger box has a unique texture and size with different materials and finishes. They were a huge thing back in the day but so few high quality ones are made anymore that it got turned into a meme by newfags of the day who thought they could just cut holes in cardboard and get the same thing.

Agreed, the pine ones aren't very durable. Oak looks like shit though, mahogany is the only way to go

They'll be worth a lot more if you sell them individually but I'd just sell the set at auction, guessing at least 100k for the set. Will take you years to find individual buyers.

A finger box all though it may seem to be a relatively simple device, it is not on the contrary of being simple a finger box is more than a box with a hole in it, it is a massively complex device containing more than a thousand separate components per box, usually with nine boxes per set that makes over nine thousand separate components, but the device will work limitedly with just one box.

Finger boxing is also known as fingering and boxing and is a massive fad among teens aged 13-18, the device in a simpler form were first invented by William John Trolington over 100 years ago in Australia.

A Finger box basically simulates a feeling, originally this was accomplished with mechanical devices in the box with some extremely cruel pranksters putting item such as glass and nails in witch would often decapitate the finger, this led to a act of parliament in 1919 by the UK banning the devices, which was quickly followed by the rest of the world.

Although still banned the “underground market” off finger boxes saw a boom in sales during the 1980’s and was redeveloped into its current electrical module in the mid 1990’s buy an unnamed Chinese worker.
The device works on the same principals as electrical prosthetic limbs, an electrical impulse is shot up the nervous system that will make the hand think that it is feeling something; anything can be simulated such as stroking a cat or shaking a hand.

The finger box costs around 50 per box and are usually sold out within minutes they have reportedly have gone for over 200 per box on ebay.

Those look like the higher end of mass-produced finger boxes. But you could probably sell the set and order a really nice custom and still have money left over. I used to have a bunch of average boxes, but after going custom I don't think I'd ever go back to production ones again.

Fingerboxes. You know, for fingering...

Gay as fuck you worthless piece of shit virgin.

Like not even funny.

How pathetic could one person be?

People playing along are gayer than.

what the fuck is a finger box

Then what the hell kind of box are you using, you fucking faggot? I bet you bought a Chinese knockoff on eBay for 99 cents plus $50 shipping and you're sour because everyone knows it's shit

Autists make these these threads to laugh at le Newfags xD if you see one just ignore them. These threads are always cancer

>William John Trolington

Don't pay attention to this retard. Fingerboxes were invented in the 70s by the guy whoms logo is on OPs boxset: Ay-O

They are not only awesome for helping with allucinogen drug trips but also if you are a fan of hardcore fingering, you'll find them utter delicious. Belive me, true Japanese Ay-Os are very rare and expensive. If OP really has that custom made set, he might be rich as fuck without knowing it.

Lol are you 7 it's obvious what they are

Don't take the bet Sup Forumsros

here u go
knowyourmeme.com/memes/fingerboxes
/thread

OP probably just went to the Syndey Museum and took a picture of the ones on display obviously, its behind glass. Fake ass post by a fag OP. Hes probably too poor to afford even a clay pueblo finger box.

no shit you white knight, i know bait when i see it

Fake and gay, the entire first Ay-O set, argubly the best fingerboxes ever created are on display on the Akiba Museum in Tokyo.

>Clay fingerbox
Ha

There are plastic alternatives as cheap as $15.

Not really the same feeling but it does the job.

My uncle makes decent replicas of the original Ayo's if interested.

I used to have a wonderful stained oak set, passed on from my father, probably still laying around somewhere.

If you don't know your shit, gtfo newfag

Hate to break it to you bro, but those are replicas - somebody just slapped an Ayo sticker on some old suitcase. The originals would have been hand lacquered and would not have been worn down so much. Ayo also handcrafted a fingerbox box, with holes on the outside lined up with the individual boxes. If you had that it would be worth something, but all you got is some shitty second hand boxes.

srsly?

Finger box? Is this a 2010 revival thread?

>closing thread on your own post how fucking pathetic can one be
its sad to say but this meme is dead, lets bring it back sometime later like in 10 years or something, when the newfags will actually believe

Damn op . although these finger boxes are well preserved . the osillation holes are kinda small. Mine are much larger with a rabbiting forcener miter for easier play . diffently awesome though

>reverse image search
>all over google
k