I'm a Muslim ask me anything

I'm a Muslim ask me anything.

Don't forget we don't need to be praying all day everyday to be Muslim. The same way you don't need to be in church 24/7 to be Christian.

I'll answer trolls within reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCEzckaXvM0i6CyHbz5YxwoQ
unicef.org/infobycountry/mali_statistics.html
worldpolicy.org/blog/2012/04/10/lessons-timbuktu-what-malis-manuscripts-teach-about-peace
ibnbattuta.berkeley.edu/12westafrica.html
jstor.org/stable/pdf/3886971.pdf?_=1471411317430
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nizari
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

haram

Do you believe in God?

The only muslims who believe they can get away with not praying 5 times a day and still identify as muslims are Turks.
Merhaba.

are you sunni or shiite ?

How long into muslimism until you Fuck kids cut people's heads off and blow yourself allover the place??
Approximately

why do you pray all day

nice thread OP

why arent you back in your sandy shithole fighting over the words of a long dead pedophile?

T'is

Yes. As Islam and Judaism describes God.

I pray 5 times a day.

Sunni.

Muslimism is not a thing. The way an individual practices religion is not defined by time but by life's experiences.

Have you performed your pilgrimage yet?

Why the fuck you keep using week after week the same picture and text? I don't give a fuck about what a religious nut thinks about.

What do you think of ISIS?

Also, you forgot to timestamp

I don't. I only pray for about an hour a day spread out into 5 parts.

Thanks.

My sandy country is not at war and has not been at war since the revolution against the French in 1955 and that was not much of a war. Neither was the later conflict in the 90's with Algeria. Peace is the better path.

Have you tried arguing with people who accuse you of gross conservatism by going uber liberal.
Ex. "You sharia pushing Muslims want to destroy this country." "I'm going to pride marches and trying to get planned parenthood government funded so people like you don't happen. "

There are many examples in the Quran of Mohammad being violent, waging battle, and warring against "infidels." How do you reconcile this with a peaceful faith?

If your a sunni then you have no hope...

i read all about you mudslimes and you are what is known as the tanzeel. you will follow the quran as is.. "as it was given to you" in the literal form. Your only hope is for a reformation. if you can reform your religion then maybe, but you are intolerant, filled with pride, disgusting and backwards.

What do you have to respond ?

Is it true, that you are allowed to lie to any nonbeliever?

What separates scientology and other cults from Islam other than the lack of terrorists and age of their beliefs?

I'm an atheist :) Isn't possible Muhammed was a cult leader just like Joseph Smith or Ron L Hubbard? And if you find their beliefs to be ludicrous, why is Islam exempt from the joke?

Not yet. Waiting to be older to get more from it. I do not want it to just be a bucket list kind of thing, where I just do it because I can afford it. I want it to be spiritually meaningful. I believe this is better at an older age.

I am procrastinating doing my research so I like to come and discuss with people. I am also a scientist, I am open to discussing any topic. Also the picture is the first in my folder so that's why it gets posted first.

That's not me in the photo, it's Vanessa Hudgens.

ISIS is destroying the Middle-East. What do you want to know in particular? What I think about their interpretation? Their identity? Their significance?

I don't really understand your question.

Honest question: if the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful and hate violent extremism, why don't they condemn it? Why don't they tell radical imams to shut the fuck up? Why don't they fight ISIS? Why don't they tell radicals in places like France and Sweden to quit being fuckwits and making their religion look bad? Why do they allow people to riot and burn American flags and hold signs that say things like "behead those who insult Islam"?

If Muslims are such reasonable, tolerant, peaceful people, why do they not seem to be doing anything about the violent radicals who taint their religion?

It's a irl experience question. Not a question about your personally held beliefs.

yeah...

Not Op, nor a Muslim, but Taqiyya only exists in Shia Islam (Sunnis consider it heresy), and it only states that a Muslim may lie about their religious beliefs in order to preserve their life. Ie. If someone is genociding Muslims, they can claim to not be Muslim in order to save their life.

It has nothing to do with deceiving enemies or any of that shit.

why the fuckk would you voluntarily give up bacon and booze and sex and general free will for an ideology that dosent give a shit about you unless you decide to turn your body parts into shrapnel? are you just that conditioned?

i dont hate muslims, everybody has the right to their own expression. Just kinda ironic that a cesspool like western civilization has to be the authority on tolerance here

tolerance test OP.

Did OP explode?

If you believe the Quran is "true" and unaltered: I've heard that in Islam God is trustworthy and all powerful, he has also promised to preserve the integrity of his written word from corruption. How is it that the people of the book's texts are corruptable but not the muslim's. Was it not until after the Christian and Jewish texts were corrupted that he realized he needed to make the promise.

Nope, I think he just got questions that would legitimately make you question your faith. He's probably not use to it, that is if you take him at his word that he's from a muslim country.

Religion and their associated texts are meant to be guides for a better life regardless of age, ethnicity, social class or the state of the land in which you live. It provides tools that can be used during both peace and war. This is also true for any philosophical school of thought.

It happens that the Middle-East has been at war for a very long time. As a result the Torah includes many passages dealing with war. From this text the Bible was written and then later the Q'ran.

All religions and philosophy deals with violence as they are a part of the human experience.

You judge me of being intolerant, filled with pride and disgusting. While simultaneously doing the same to me. Religion is for each individual to interpret. Sunni's believe that you must take the Q'ran literally and that is true. However, everyone reads the same thing differently.

No. You are referring to Taqiya. Although this exists it is not to lie per say. It is as a means to protect a Muslim from sin if his life is at risk. For example, if I am prisoner and the only food available is pork, then it would be fine for me to eat it. It would actually be a worse sin for me to refuse the food and commit suicide as a result.

Moreover, misrepresenting the word of God is always a sin and is not covered by Taqiya. This is because, if the person you lied to agrees with you and decides to follow what you told him, then he will be following a false preaching. That is a very serious sin.

I believe them to be analogous. They both are means for people to find positivity and peace in their hectic lives. That is what all religion and philosophy is for.

I can go on about this if you care. I have quite a bit more to say.

"They both are means for people to find positivity and peace in their hectic lives."

I can buy that. As an atheist I do think people should not steal and murder, and if religion provides you framework, so be it.

My disdain of religious people is only directed at the those that believe literally in Noah's Ark or other fairytales since they can be harmful... i.e. strap a bomb to themselves or teach their children evolution isn't real.

Since you view Mormonism and Scientology as the same as Islam, you're not an extremist. So I can respect that.

You are jumping to conclusions too fast. First of all extremism is targeted by Muslims all around the world. The largest armies fighting against the terrorist organisations are all Muslim. All Muslim condemn ISIS. ISIS kills muslims 100 times more than anyone else.

Moreover, groups from Muslim extremist groups are not allowed to operate in most Muslim countries. For example, in Morocco the Muslim Brotherhood gets routinely arrested trying to impose their codes of ethics on beach goers.

People burn American flags for very different reasons. Very much like how "peaceful" Americans burn Q'rans. It's all ignorance and hatred.

Lol I still don't understand it.

It's also prevalent in Sunni Islam.

I have drank alcohol before. I decided that it is not something I need to live a fruitful life. I have had multiple girlfriends in the past. I am currently in a committed relationship.

I do not need anyone or any ideology to care about me. Islam's main goal is jihad, which is the fight of one against his inner self. This is the hardest fight we will ever have to fight.

There is not reason to post the image of a prophet.

Sorry, I try to answer them truthfully.

Lol. I have studied this far more than you can imagine. Please try to ask questions rather than making assumptions based on the preconceived notions you have accumulated from the people around you.

>You judge me of being intolerant, filled with pride and disgusting. While simultaneously doing the same to me. Religion is for each individual to interpret. Sunni's believe that you must take the Q'ran literally and that is true. However, everyone reads the same thing differently.

I'm SICK AND TIRED OF BEING GIVEN THAT BULLSHIT.

WATCH THIS ITS YOUR OWN PEOPLE TALKING AGAINST YOU...

YOU EITHER REFORM YOUR RELIGION AND ADMIT THAT MOHAMMED COMMITTED MISTAKES OR YOU GUYS WILL FOREVER BE A LOAD OF SHIT ON THIS EARTH.

youtube.com/channel/UCEzckaXvM0i6CyHbz5YxwoQ

THERE IS NO RUNNING AWAY AND SAYING HOW I INTERPRET SOMETHING. READ THE HADITH READ WHAT MOHAMED USED TO DO ... RAPE PILAGE TAKE LITTLE GIRLS... HAD 13 WIVES AT ONCE AND THE YOUNGEST WAS 9.

HE WAS RIGHT ON SOMETHINGS BUT YOU MUST ADMIT THAT HE WAS WRONG ON MANY...LEARN AND MOVE FORWARD STOP BEING SO OLD MINDED... MOVE FORWARD.

Understanding basic ethics is easy. We don't need religion to know not to steal and kill. However, life will throw much harder struggles your way. Some which will get you very close to breaking, religion provides tools and means for which you can stay afloat.

Most Muslims do not believe literally in the stories in the Q'ran. These stories are anecdotal and this has been widely accepted since the Islamic Golden Age. This is somewhat being reversed these days.

In the Q'ran, it states that all living beings are already Muslim because they already live and appreciate the wholeness of God. Some just have not yet found Islam, which is the path to freedom of the mind.

Kill people who dont believe in your slightly different version of religion. Pics and timestamp or it didn't happen.

I do agree with you. Atheism is actually a hard path to follow.

I live in the United States. Being openly atheist is a thing I do not attempt. People are extremely prejudice against it and there's no such thing as an atheist church or community to join.

However, and this is why I continue down my path, Atheism frees you. I have never felt so free. I never worry about death, annoying some deity, or bothering to go to mass. When I die, there is peace.

Which country do you currently live in?

Mohammed himself agreed that he did not live a perfect life. He stated that unlike the prophet before him Issa (Jesus) he will most likely not go to heaven. So yes I do agree that he was not perfect, especially since he himself agrees. However, he did live a life much closer to ideal than many humans had at the time and still do today.

Let me expand on what I wrote before. I am a scientist first, I do some NLP research on the side. The comes from this field.

An idea exists as a higher order representation inside of the mind. A firing of neurons which makes your brain understand that it is thinking of this particular thing. You are then able to encode this idea using words. These words are written and through commonality of language another individual can read those words. Those words are then decoded and an idea stemming from these words will be made into that individual's brain. However, the encoding and decoding is not perfect.

I has been studied many times. If you give the same exert of text to a group of participants, they will all interpret it differently. This is caused by the variation in their neural decoders.

This is equally true for religious texts. People will interpret the religion as their brain is prepared to do so.

Do you agree?

You do your thing, I will do mine. I have nothing against religious people until they start trying to convert me. just keep it to your fucking self, do your thing, and the world will be that much less shitty. Pro Tip: nothing makes someone hate a religion/religious person more than someone trying to convert them. keep it to your god damn self.

wouldnt something like buhddism be more appropriate for something like freedom of the mind? I mean, you never hear about a buhddist shooting up a public place because of varying interpretations of text lol.

What happens to loyal women to the Muslim faith? Men get 72 virgins, what do women get? Are they made a virgin, given their own virgins?

I currently live in Canada.

If you find peace and positivity then you should pursue your path. However, it is always important to remember that there are tools available to you if ever you do need them. Hard events in life can come unpredictably and we often lose sight of ourselves in these situations. But, if this happens religion is the best tool us humans have developed so far to mend these ailments of the mind.

Remember also that institutional religion is what made you feel constricted. Religion is not supposed to be an institution. Islam does not have a hierarchy the same way as Christianity. There is no head of Islam. There is only you and yourself at the core of the religion. You are then invited to join an Imam, someone who studied the religion in depth, for some extra discussions. However, this is not necessary.

Alrighty, my question is:-

There is a thret of ISIS looming large over entire world yet muslims around the world don't come out to condemn it openly. They do condemn it but in the comfort of their houses. I have a few muslim friends who say ISIS is bad but when I ask them to say it openly on social platforms, they have problems because apparently they don't want their identities to be revealed when they condemn ISIS. They don't want to offend people at the mosques. This is actually the case with 90% of muslims. why?

Timestamp or ISIS propaganda. you seem to want to throw your body and retarded people on the Internet. No more posts until TS.

Like you say, everyone is different.

When I was a Catholic, I asked "Why?" a lot. When going through hard times, faith is not the answer in my mind. There isn't a puppet master controlling the world.

Essentially it is my opinion that religion focuses on the wrong questions for me. People die, suffer, get rich, or date beautiful women not because of some deity.

So if something bad happens. Feel good, it is not because you or the universe is punishing you. Randomness or you yourself is responsible. Atheism is about controlling your destiny.

We have different tools. You seem tolerant and open to ideas, keep doing that :)

Agreed, no one should have any view point opposed onto them. However, discussing varying view points is the beauty of the human spirit. Nothing better than finding commonalities between our differences disguised by different patterns.

I have studied Buddhism extensively in China. It too has a lot of violence and questionable things. But, that is necessary for a religion to have because some people will be living in violent milieus.

The only religion that takes pacifism to the extreme is Jainism, but it is not reasonable and cannot be practiced.

Buddhists have committed many acts of violence throughout the ages. Humans are humans regardless of the label you place on them. In every group there will be a mass of people that are ready to fly off the handles given the right circumstances. Look into the acts of violence perpetuated in Burma currently.

nice dubs.

No one can know what happens in the afterlife. All we can do is live our lives now to the fullest.

it's great you wanna talk about religion but Timestamp or stop with the pics.

Why does Allah allow babies to be born with incurable, terminal illnesses like harlequin ichthyosis?

That's not her retard. it's some dude in Syria with a huge beard and sand in his vag.

So do you have Battletoads?

ehh, hes kind of an eloquent speaker and i have no reason to believe anyone not affiliated with islam would bother with these articulate answers. Good
job OP. I still think islam as a whole is beyond saving though... no matter how willing you are to educate. Theres just been too much damage done

Didn't know Vanessa Hudgens was a Muslim.

dfkm thats venessa hudgens

Science and religion don't mix.

Your understanding and others of the scriptures to me doesn't matter anymore.
Why ? you might ask.

Let me tell you why.

When you are following a philosophy or an idea you tend to find an idol to look up to.

For many people it was Jesus, God, King Soloman, King David, etc...

But in your case the man who brought Islam [Spread the word] , who he called himself the final prophet was a failure; hence, stating that he was GIVEN THE TRUTH FROM JUBRA'EEL AND STILL FAILED TO FOLLOW IN GODS WORDS.

Therefore saying if he the prophet who was talking with the angles of God failed to follow his rule, he who was the closest to God [who came in the human form] failed. THEN HOW SHOULD I EVEN TRUST HIM OR BELIEVE HIM.

It is the same exact idea as if Darwin was to state the theory of evolution, back it up with all the evidence possible, but then he would go around stating that we were all born of Adam and Eve. [self contradicting]

In essence why should I follow a failure.

By now I assume you are screaming STAGHFAR ALLAH [GOD FORBID]

Religion was set to better the man and prophets were sent from time period to time period.

There will forever be the 4th dimension which is TIME.

As things move on we must accommodate ourselves with the time and surroundings.

A little example i like to give:

In Saudie Arabia there are people still using something called the "Miswak" a branch that mohammed told his followers to use to clean their teeth... BUT FOR FUCK SAKE ITS THE 21ST CENTURY WE HAVE DENTAL FLOSS, TOOTH BRUSHES AND TOOTH PASTE...

He also told you dumbasses to shave your mustache and are free to grow your beard... REASON WAS: so when you eat your stache doesn't get filled with food...

but you people are of the tanzeel and dont interpret anything with logic... you just follow that shit blindly like its the absolute truth and can't be wrong at any point...

LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES & MOVE UP WITH TIME.

idk about allahs motives... but nature kind of indiscriminately allocates and removes resources from organic life however it sees fit. Its kind of random
and I dont think a God has anything to do with it whatsoever. I mean, were viruses intricately designed? nope? universe is just a random shitstorm user

Are you OP?

>There is no head of Islam
I THOUGHT LYING WAS A SIN...

then why even choose caliphates such as mohammed, omar, ottoman, abu bakr, ali ????

what province in canada ?

Refer to: This is not the case with 90% of Muslims. Your friends are simply not leaders. Neither am I. There is nothing of any use that can be said. Our words are meaningless in the fight that is being fought in the Middle-East.

This is obviously Vanessa Hudgens. Lurk more.

That is a genuine question. Who is the puppeteer? In Islam and Judaism, God is not a being that is playing with his toys as though we were all in an RTS. He is much more. As he said onto Moses through the bush, he is as he is. He is everything that is and that is not. A Jewish philosopher stated that once you try to define God you have already placed too many constraints onto him.

In Islam God has no image and is all encompassing. This randomness that is life, the good, the bad, the everything. He does not reward or punish you. You are to make your own life a reality, using the tools and the strength that God has provided. Think of God much like energy, energy is literally everything. Randomness is energy, you are energy, your life is simply the exchange of energy.

Where we disagree is the tools atheists have. What tools may those be?

nope

How many virgins for this approximately?

Your answers do seem to have a metaphysical flair that strongly clash with the depictions of muslims I have in my head. Your definition of islam must be counterintuitive to the whole agenda, or else by your ideals the middle east would be a very novel and kind place (not even counting ISIS, i just mean the insitutional fuck up that is every Muslim-operated nation)

Not me. It's Vanessa Hudgens.

Refer to: God in Islam is not a being playing around. He is everything. He created a world as it is. In this world random arrangements of DNA causes babies to have ailments. These are not necessarily bad nor good. They simply are. We perceive them as bad because they bring us sadness. However it is for us to understand and respect nature.

Canada now. From Morocco.

No. Call GameStop.

Sadly, the public perception of Islam is tarnished beyond repair for a few generations.

She's not.

It is.

Science and religion go hand in hand. I am a scientist by trade. Religious studies and philosophy have simply been my past time for as long as I can remember.

In Judaism, Christianity and Islam there are no idols. That is idolatry. However, Christians have not respected that. Islam has no idols. That is the reason we cannot draw the prophet or God. That is why Jews refuse to overuse the word God. Jews and Muslims understand that idolatry is problematic and misdirects people away from the message of God. Only the message of God is to be followed. Nothing and no one else, that is a mortal sin. Christians need to read the Bible.

Islam talks of the 4th dimension which is time by the way. We even believe a separate set of beings named d'jinn live in that dimension.

Consider the first part of what I wrote carefully.

And this randomness and everything else that is and is not is God as defined by the Torah. The Christians simplified his being. Which is sin. Islam believes in God in the same way as the Jews.

Caliphate is the head of the Muslim empire. In Sunni Islam he is to be democratically elected, because the interpretation of the Q'ran states that he is the leader of the people. Not the one who decides how the religion is to be followed. That is only the Q'ran. No human can preach any different than Q'ran

Do not forget that the Middle-East a few centuries after the adoption of Islam went through a long Golden Age. Where philosophy and science were celebrated. Mali had an 80% literacy rate in 1200s, which is higher than it is today.

In the year 700, immediately after Islam came to be. Sufism was started by Ali. It is a pacifist movement. Very similar to Jainism in its most extreme form. Not really realizable in today's world, but beautiful in its own right.

In 1095 the most interesting Islamic movement in my opinion came to be. Nizari Islam.

There are many teachings of Islam. Philosophy and thought have always been very important. It is in modern days that we have lost our way. This is not the religions fault, the same way as the Golden Age of Islam was not the religion's doing. It is simply a shift in geo-politics away from the region. During the Golden Age, the Middle-East was the center of the world, making it the richest. During this time, poorer places acted the same way as the Middle-East today. The center of the world has recently shifted to the USA, and thus with poverty comes the problems we see in the Middle-East today.

Why blame Islam? Why not help people get the tools they need to put laws in place that will make these actions punishable by law. This is a crime.

Source?

Mali literacy 2016 = 33.4%

unicef.org/infobycountry/mali_statistics.html

In comparison to the past:
worldpolicy.org/blog/2012/04/10/lessons-timbuktu-what-malis-manuscripts-teach-about-peace

ibnbattuta.berkeley.edu/12westafrica.html

jstor.org/stable/pdf/3886971.pdf?_=1471411317430

Sufism: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism

Nizari Islam: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nizari

Golden Age of Islam: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

>science and religion go hand in hand.

yes so i guess we are all children birthed of incest.

adam and eve right.

SCIENCE AND RELIGION DONT EVEN TOUCH ONE ANOTHER.

One follows the philosophy of FAITH and the other is based on empiricism.

If you are going to try to play me with words you are fucking with the wrong person, I have read all about you.

"Yes they must follow the ideals that were set in those books and those who set them are their Idols." We can't try to become Gods because it is sinful... because God has no traits.... but the contradiction is so strong with mohammed that he placed God on the Seventh level in the sky on a chair....

Just listen to how stupid he was. God THE ALL MIGHTY, sitting on a chair therefore giving him a form and necessity of resting... absolutely rubbish.

Next part.

So Religion and science go hand in hand yet you dare to mention the d'jin -> the floating evil spirits that fly around and bring harm to people...

Just listen to yourself... so called scientist. Do you know how unscientific you sound.

After having responded to the above.

I want to know what do you have a degree in and from what country are you ? Also how old are you ?

Because your spiritual guidance apparently leads you and not your logic and science.

Till now you have failed at everything.

1. The Quran and Hadith are flawed and have parts that are border line satanic.

1a) Your REPLY: Just like any other muslim: But you know its all about who interprets the books.

1b) My respond: Read the hadith and look at your idol.

1c) Your Reply: We dont idolize anybody

1d) My reply: But you do follow and idolize his work therefore revering him since he was the last prophet of God.

1e) Conclusion: I was right and rever a pedophile who was married to a 9 year old while married to 12 other women at the same time.

This cunt goes to a Christian university in Nashville, TN.

You find her drunk/high and tied to the door in her own apartment, but whoever tied ehr up left the door open and you wandered in (Just like the photo)

Do you fuck the infidel, kill the cunt, or set her free?

Try to stay concise in your argument such that we can better discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss.

It's really hard to discuss with you because you bring up a lot of points. But, seem to be mistaken on almost all of them. Each line you write has an error in it.

God in Islam has no form. He is everything that is and is not. This should be clear. The chair is understood by all Muslim to mean he is at the highest level of what is. It is a metaphor for the highest possible encompassing level.

D'jinn are not evil. Nor are they floating.

Breast Cancer Researcher, PhD Electrical Engineer, Canada, 29.

Please do try to address one thing at a time. We cannot have a meaningful discussion if we jump all over the place. Please next post address one thing, do not be hasty we will get to the other points afterwards.

Not my type of woman whatsoever.

I would set her free as that is what I believe to be the best for her. However, I would let her be if she asks it.

Just for reference someone found this picture of her a few months later

Strange sexual fantasies she has.

>Don't forget we don't need to be praying all day everyday to be Muslim
Then you're a fake ass muslim
Nice b8 m8

Refer to:5 prayers a day totals about 1 hour. That is not all day everyday.

Same question with this cunt

Ok the fact that mohammed placed god in a position is absolute BS. We don't try to encompass God in any way. even his name God or Allah or Jehova are said to be names that we gave God so that we can refer to God.

So Mohammed has committed a sin.

Not only that but one can also see it as a dirty act by mohammed.

Mohammed wasn't only a prophet but he was also a politician.

So one may hypothesis that mohammed placed God or said to people that GoD was untouchable and unreachable so that the dumb Bedouins only listen to him [mohammed]

Basically saying he did it on purpose.

you can say all you want about this metaphorical bullshit and play the innocent boy who has no idea about what he meant but this fucker said everything the way he wanted to... he wasn't Jesus that's for sure.

____

whether D'din is evil or not its very unscientific so is the ayn... the eye of envy.

____

what province are you from ?

Taken the week after

^^^welp... thread might be dying soon
thanks for the thread OP i actually learned something. And since you actually seem intelligent and not weathered by dogma at all, i will tell you that I will forgive you if you choose to assimiliate and drop the muslim identifier. I mean, I cant imagine things getting any better from this point on. I mean, if you want to be a source of credibility to your tribe, I get it... but.
like you said, its just an expression of oneness right? who needs the extra baggage? i know i wont... after i do some drugs with a belly full of pork