Groundbreaking one of a kind hip hop album is released

>Groundbreaking one of a kind hip hop album is released
>Gets mild attention

Mind explaining this?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/P4Z7H15
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its shit

People said the same thing about Pinkerton when it was released.
Look at its status now.

It's DI Goes Pop, but with a drumset instead of a guitar and black guy vox instead of whitey vox.

It got a ton of attention i dont understand

>hip-hop

It'll be worshipped in a decade

>Tons of attention
It's funny how Americans and Europeans tent tent to measure the importance of a band only by the popularity of the band in their city/country

This is fucking awful, why the fuck am I listening to this

>one of a kind
>sounds like their other garbage albums

I'M A
FUCKING DOWNER
I'M A
BULLSHITTER
I'M A
CITY SLICKER
I'M A

In fairness it's not like DG have ever tried to meaningfully promote it. No videos, almost zero live play, practically trying to smother it after release by starting off a huge hype train for the other record instead, you can't even see the phrases 'niggas on the moon' or 'jenny death' on their website since both are subsumed into the double album.

But it has about the reception you would expect of music that tries something a bit different. Strong cult base, spoken of highly in fan circles, but not setting the world on fire.

Man, saying stuff like this isn't even an opinion. It literally doesn't sound like anything else they have made.

this sounds nothing like disco inferno dude

People don't like Death grips because it's physically painful to listen to

He said it was groundbreaking, but the technique that makes it so has already been done a lot by Disco Inferno. DI would map various electronic sounds to their guitar so that when they played their guitar those sounds would play instead. Zach Hill did a similar thing, but mapped Bjork's vocals to his drums.

>influenced by grimes
>groundbreaking
whatever you say

>Groundbreaking
>mild attention

not groundbreaking then is it

??? you say that as if no ones ever loaded samples to a drum kit before they have electronic set /made/ for that

Is there a source for that? It sounds more like they were going for like a DJ Rashad thru the lens of DG type of thing with weird samples

BIG DIPPER

why not just listen to bjork

>Groundbreaking
it's only different when compared to the rest of their discography
if this was their debut no one would care about it

because it's actually quite mediocre

Exactly, and the earliest musician I can think of that extensively loaded/mapped samples on another instrument is DI with their guitar (in terms of non-keyboard stuff). Most electronic drumkits would sample acoustic drum sounds despite having been around before guitars that were capable of sampling.

imgur.com/P4Z7H15

It says it on the cover itself.

Who is dj rashad

This and Government Plates are my favorite records of theirs. They're both these crazy, trip like experiences to me while their other albums feel like collections of songs.

I feel like if more people understood the process behind it then it would have a lot more attention, thus gaining more praise because the music is actually good instead of just being a gimmick.

everything else from DG is either normie jumpscare-core or nu-metal to me. I always come back to this one because I believe its their best

>Implying anywhere else consumes enough media to matter.

Wrong

Pinkerton is still shit.

neato. Never thought about that but it makes sense listening to it again

DJ Rashad (may he rest in peace) was an icon of chicago electronic music (juke, footwork). There's some p obvious influence in the rhythmic structure of NOTM coming from rashad imo. Look up Double Cup, and maybe also DJ Spinn and DJ Earl if you want to get a feel for Juke.

no