If you had to choose right now and agnostic was not an option, it has to be one or the other...

If you had to choose right now and agnostic was not an option, it has to be one or the other, which would you say you are:
Atheist
or
Theist?

bump

Atheist

theist

both

bump

nerd

Theist.

There's gotta be a god somewhere, or atleast there was one.

Buddhist

>gotta be
Why?

Atheist. If I'm agnostic, I lack *belief* in a god (keyword belief) because I can't know if one exists. Therefore atheist.

Apartheist.

how else would everything come into being?

tbh I guess it depends on your definition of "god"

Theist. Religion however is a perversion and all who practice religion should not be allowed in polite society. Religion is the source of evil in the world.

Apatheist

Naturally

Theist. I am my own God. The most important day in the earth is the day I gave the world it's most divine gift....me.

You should probably stay away from rivers.

Sent from my Qualcomm

why does god sit on Sup Forums all day

Where are we throwin pantheism?

Well it's not atheism sooooooooooo

what if i want to be theist but i lack the faith so it would be fake.

I don't get it
I'm not YOUR God user, and I'm here because the motel Internet is too slow to run dota2

But is it technically theism brah?

>being a god
>not knowing Greek Mythology
Fbpb, puny god

Yes cos you're believing everything is god. Which is about everything more than what atheists believe is god.

>sigh

I am god. Everyone on earth is just part of a sims 2 mod. I control everything and I think it's pretty funny what people do to try and worship me. I go on Sup Forums often even though it's not being used for what I created it for. Of course I created it for raids and longcat, longcat being my finest creation on earth BTW.

Anyone have anything to ask?

We're all in god's test of credulity, whereas if you believe in the god based upon bad evidence, you're rewarded with an eternity of bliss, and if you get the question wrong you're stuck in eternal conscious torment.

Lucky us.

Yeah to you maybe.
I feel threatened, BRB reading into Greek mythology. I only know about demonology and Roman.
Thanks user

To me neither of these make sense. If it was the big bang that shit can't come from nowhere. And if it was God how did come to exist?

who said anything about nowhere

It happened on its own

Where does it come from?

what's "it"?

Atheist.

Everything

Atheist

Nihilist

nerd

apatheist

turpentine

I had a real life encounter with a ghost that can't be explained away by any scientific explanation.

For 10 seconds I saw the ghost of my dog on the day my little dog died. She had a pillow she would always sleep in that was in a chair. After we buried her I went inside and looked at the chair and there she was in her ghost form.

She was fully detailed. I could see her fur. And she was engulfed in this super natural snow white lighting glow. It was amazing.

It wasn't sleep paralysis induced hallucinations or a dream because it was in the middle of the day. I don't do drugs. I have psychiatric conditions but they don't have hallucinations as a possibility and I have no other history of hallucinating in my life if this was one.

The crazy thing is this isn't the only super natural thing i've seen in my time either. I've also witnessed some super natural stuff just as crazy as this and even better in the presence of other people who are also witnesses to it.
And this is coming from a guy who would normally be extremely skeptical and look hard for reasons as to why this wasn't the case.

So in short. Yes. God is real. The afterlife is real. And considering you'll be in the afterlife for billions of years you might want to reconsider your priorities in getting things right in this life so you don't end up someplace you'd rather not be after you die.

Try this experiment. Tonight in your bed in the blackness of your room imagine that you have died and were punished to an eternity in solitude in this blackness. Convince yourself that you'll have to endure this for all eternity and see how that really feels.

I don't know about you but that's enough to scare me into wanting to be as good of a person as possible for the rest of my life. I want to set records on how good of a person a person can be after doing that.

Yeah but what caused the event to happen? See it all boils down to a beginning we cannot comprehend third-dimensionally. Therefore there has to be a creator. Atheists just call it something different but this concept is the same as God therefore it boils down to what you want to call it. I'm a Christian so I know you're gonna immediately ignore my point.

there is no evidence for god or creationism

>Yes. God is real.
imagine clinging to ancient myths in 2016

If you would've asked me this before I dropped a heroic amount of acid I would've said atheist. But fight now. Thesis for sure, just not religious.

Science merely discovers what is already there. There's no way to disprove God. Think about it like this, it would have to make logical sense for the universe to exist within it's own rules. You won't find a supernatural force keeping everything together in the third dimension. It all makes sense because it was created to make sense to us in our understanding as we exist in the universe. There's no height or depth you can go to do disprove something that you cannot naturally observe.

there does not have to be a creator at all

I just told you it happened on its own.

Holy shit my spelling.

*Right
*Theist

why

The universe must have a creator because it can not come from nothing.

But god does not need a creator, he either didn't need one or has always just existed.

Universe needs a creator, but god doesn't. That makes no sense.

Naturalism has all the evidence in the world. Creationism has none.

Why the acid or why the change of views?

why theist

God and the event that created the universe are the same concept. A force beyond our comprehension and understanding created what we see around us. There are dimensions higher than us that we can't experience. Therefore we cannot definitively prove anything. All about what you believe.

Ain't that the nekkid people?

No.

Okay so our scenario is:
Gun to the head: "There is no such thing as reasonable juxtaposition! Choose!"

I would go Theist, purely because I dont have the discipline to say "Random fluctuations in the space-time continuum-damnit!" when I hit my thumb with a hammer.

Naturalism is retarded btw.

Oh. Idk I just became more open about a lot of things during the trip. I was a pretty big atheist and was kind of more on the science side of everything. I feel like acid definitely made me more spiritual, I definitely questioned my conscious mind and wondered how that came to be. I also was amazed thinking about how finely tuned and incredible our human bodies are, them mfs are like machines. It was mainly the consciousness that made me question everything I know.

Honestly, there's not much I can tell you on why I switched exactly nor am I trying to persuade you or anyone for that matter. Those were the bullet points during my trip and have really come to terms with my decision, I can see why people are atheist and theist both its a confusing subject with no actual end result we can see while living.

I'm still never going to be religious though, fuck that.

Why? All evidence points to it

>drugs made me spiritual

This thread sucks.

Go here Sage.

It was a pretty wild trip lol

Fuck off

Heard people say the opposite. Basically confirms to me that acid is bullshit.

I mean I wouldn't say that it's bullshit, not everyone's going to have the same outcome tripping. I think it's just whatever state that person is in their lives while tripping.

Atheist I supposr because there is no proof I've definitively seen of god existing.

there is something above us like we are above the dog and the dog is above the ant
all slaves of our senses facing the universe
and the idea of "god" is the best metaphor, like we are gods for the dogs and the dog is god for the ants

Senpai, are you high?

Would choose atheist every time. Even if an almighty God existed as theists claim, why acknowledge the cunt who is responsible for so much suffering!?

If I had to? I think if I could would be the better formulation, because I wish I could choose, wouldn't that be awesome, if I could just choose to believe? As if it was a choice?

Well if I could, I'd choose to be a Theist. Wouldn't it be great to sincerely believe that everything was in perfect control of some benevolent almighty father figure and that there is no real death and that you live on forever, fuck yeah sign me up to that! Sounds much better than the sad reality..

No fear of death, no anger at all the injustice in the world, a believe that everything will be alright in the end for some reason, not a care in the world like a little child or a baby, fuck yeah, ignorance sure is bliss!

"i am your god"

the 4th kind ;)

You ever think of a God creating this world and then just letting it go doing its own shit? Not exactly micromanaging like Christians or other religions believe but kind of just winding it up and letting earth and the whole universe do its lil thing.

>yes I am high
That's all I needed bruh

yes im high, higher than you cause i am your god

Then what's the purpose of god then? He doesn't care what we do or what happens to us so what's the point?

I was an Atheist most of my life but then I got psychotic, twice, now I'm a Theist. I dunno, probably gonna make all kinds of people mad when I put it this bluntly, but schizophrenia and religion are closely connected, take that as you will.

bump

Theist because I believe in the god emperor.

Atheist
but not one of those "let me tell you why you're doing it wrong" fags

>implying this isn't bait

Atheist

Happy people like that are rare nowadays.