WarCraft

New featurette from Warcraft

youtube.com/watch?v=izYeYJF59m0

>I've been a lore fag since WarCraft 3 and I've just spent the past hour watching featurettes and trailers.
>I haven't play WoW, ever, but I've tried to keep in touch with the lore and everything (even though I've failed for the past 2 expansions).
>I can't remember the last time I have wanted a movie to succeed this much. Probably never.

FIRST OFFICIAL SCREENING FINISHED. Standing ovation! unlike capefans who would eat up anything, StarCraft/WarCraft/Diablo fans often call out Blizzard, if something is bullshit, so no BvS comparisons please

twitter.com/Millenium/status/735185569760743424

ONLY GOOD REVIEWS AFTER FIRST OFFICIAL SCREENING

twitter.com/Handante/status/735191627518484480
twitter.com/LyrkaJH/status/735192449837092864
twitter.com/Beastmind/status/735190602640297984
twitter.com/MlleKailynn/stat...89816246145024
twitter.com/DamienRaf/status/735186705909567489
twitter.com/Globfanboy/statu...89101683445760
twitter.com/HexiosIsYourDad/...89047606398976
twitter.com/EaZiOwl/status/735185845557153793
twitter.com/Millenium/status/735185569760743424
twitter.com/MillTorlk/status/735184682954805248

Critic also loved it

twitter.com/mulderville/status/735189574935154688

GET HYPE
1 billion boxoffice easily
Haters on suicide watch

old

Other urls found in this thread:

lenta.ru/news/2016/05/24/warcraftrambler/
youtube.com/watch?v=ia3q0K5MEwo
moviezine.se/movies/warcraft#reviews
thewrap.com/warcraft-review-swords-sorcery-and-stupidity-abound-in-game-adaptation/
variety.com/2016/film/reviews/warcraft-film-review-world-of-warcraft-movie-1201780459/
hollywoodreporter.com/review/warcraft-film-review-896290
kino.de/film/warcraft-2016/news/warcraft-die-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=uriUPxg-YVo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if dubs it breaks 2 billion

>[desperate shilling intensifies]

>unlike capefans who would eat up anything, StarCraft/WarCraft/Diablo fans often call out Blizzard, if something is bullshit, so no BvS comparisons please
this

1st for it's gonna be shit

7th for it's gonna be awesome

I'm really cautiously optimistic about this movie, but all these fucking shills make me not want to see it

I genuinely liked it. I know it's hard for you insecure capecucks to understand because you have to constantly force yourselves to like something but I didn't have that problem with this one.

shills are getting desperate

I think we can expect a good movie, just not an amazing one, judging by early reviews.

>humans
>"white"

It's breaking sales records in both China and Russia as well as doing very well all across Europe so far. I think the one getting desperate is you. lol

I knew it was going to be great when I heard they had embargoed all reviews

I expect this movie to be around 70/8.0/90% on Meta/IMDb/RT after seeing it.

I'm curious, any cite for that? I've seen the same words posted on a number of forums, but nothing I'd call a real source of information.

>I genuinely liked [a movie that hasn't been released yet]

I mean, I understand blizzard's tactics just require the thread gets tons of replies, even if they're all from shills and people laughing at the shills, but damn yo.

>tfw this is great and breaks records

Are you ready for a decade of WarCraft movies? It's gonna be awesome.

It premiered today in France silly goose.

If they were good then great, but I sort of suspect they'll be shit.

lol Americans always thinking they're the center of the universe. And you wonder why people see you as morons. It premiered in France and Belgium today.

You realize there were many pre-screenings for this right?

Would foreign success be enough to make this the first of many films set in an Azeroth?
Would China alone?

I really want to see more Warcraft movies but I'm afraid it won't do as well in the states.

I am not sure about Medivh's actor. We haven't seen much and he feels wrong.

Definitely my favourite character tho.

Aren't most WoW players from the US?

lenta.ru/news/2016/05/24/warcraftrambler/

Is what I found. Someone posted a source to the China numbers here earlier today but I didn't save the link.

he was pretty good in Pandorum

He's a good actor.

Thanks man

Yeah the actor is good, but I don't get the Medivh "vibe", if you will.

I hope I'm not right.

youtube.com/watch?v=ia3q0K5MEwo

No. at least 2/3rds of wow "subscriptions" are chinese accounts. Blizzard just lets people think all subscriptions are US/EU/AUS and paying $15 a month.

>you now realize he was Angel in X-Men 3

4/5 according to Swedish review

moviezine.se/movies/warcraft#reviews

K I N O
I
N
O

Badly written script and role doesn't make someone a bad actor. He's had a lot more good performances than bad.

comfy af thread, hype gonna see it in 10 days

Review - vidyakino fans might want to avert their eyes:
thewrap.com/warcraft-review-swords-sorcery-and-stupidity-abound-in-game-adaptation/

this is how starts

>>Alonso Duralde, TheWrap's lead movie critic, has written about film for Movieline, Salon, MSNBC.com. He also co-hosts the Linoleum Knife podcast and regularly appears on What the Flick?! (The Young Turks Network).

>The Young Turks

That 'critic' gave Civil War 5/5 - he's clearly braindead.

>voiced by

It's mo-cap tech lmao, shows how much he knows

Considering the embargo only lifts tomorrow and any serious critic with credibility will wait until then, that's most likely a bitter troll.

>vidya fans are racist - the post
He's also a pre-screener for Sundance. Seems pretty qualified to give a legit opinion.

>rotten: 1
>fresh: 0
it begins

the eclipse of vidyakino

Let the damage control commence!

he's an amazing actor but he doesn't fit the character

>you will never get paid shitload of money to teach people how to pretend they are casting magic

It isn't damage control when it's pretty obviously true. I'd say some capeshit cuck who goes through the trouble of pretending to be a critic to give it a rotten score is more damage control than most would ever go through. lol

Variety has a harsh review up as well - I guess that with it opening in France the embargo is over. Variety is the last place that would fuck up an industry NDA like that.

variety.com/2016/film/reviews/warcraft-film-review-world-of-warcraft-movie-1201780459/

He does everything from casting magic to teaching people how to be and move like orcs. He also worked on Planet of the Apes movies to teach people how to be apes. He's a legend in mo-cap.

>shills ignoring TheWrap review

JUST

Why do these reviews keep calling it a 'World of Warcraft film', it's not even based on WoW

The embargo officially lifts on the 25th. So I don't think this dude was being very cautious and probably just thought what you were thinking. By the way the movie officially opens tomorrow, they just had premieres today.

I would have taken inspiration from olympic sports like shotput and javelin and such to give weight and familiarity to it t b h f a m

am i a filmatic genus?

Normies don't care.

Do you even know who Variety are? They'll have had permission to publish, or their legal department will be having kittens.

Did you read the review? It's painfully obvious he's biased not only against the movie but Blizzard themselves. Why would a reviewer bring up Blizzard and how the game is doing instead of keeping his review objective towards the movie, if he wasn't bitter towards them in some way? And why didn't he even respect the embargo date of may 25th? He doesn't have a lot of credibility considering that...

>underage fags didn't play WC2

Kill yourselves

You mean like how Gawker did? Being a big publication doesn't mean anything, you can have employees who are morons and have poor work ethic and professional integrity.

Yes - it's all a plot my friend.

>And why didn't he even respect the embargo date of may 25th?
Why do people keep on mentioning the 25th? It premiered in France - that means it's out.

Actual review from a legit publication and not Derpa Derpa Twitter Review.Blog or Swedish Acupuncture Weekly:

Hint: they shit allllllll over it, including the shit CGI.

Get your anuses prepared for when 99% of critics tow that line and say the same shit because anyone who knows shit about Hollywood knows that a bad review in Variety is a death sentence.

Doesn't really matter when the movie is shown if they've set an embargo date, at least from a legal standpoint

He is comparing it to ads on the iPhone, come the hell on. You cannot tell me that alone doesn't make him biased as fuck

Oh bummer, Warcraft didn't make the list with 101 Must-See Movies for Gay Men?

>Gawker
This is exactly what I meant with my question. Everyone and their dog knows Gawker is trash, and it's been around for all of 13 years. Variety is a well-respected industry publication that has been around for 111 years.

Sadly I think you're right, the reviewer reads like he has some serious gripes with Blizzard personally and he makes some shit comments but since it's Variety others will just follow in their circlejerk

Ok then, where did you get the date of the 25th from?

>Variety not credible
>Heres a link from a review from a 16 year old Russian WoWfag on Twitter

Gonna chuckle heartily when this bombs in the West and is shit all over by critics and likely wins several razzies.

I read it it's total bullshit, this cunt was the same guy who slated BvS for the most trvial of shit, he's been paid off big time by Disney how do we stop this?

I'm going to spam the comments section, is there a way we can raid it?

>The “Warcraft” games — which have radically declined in popularity from a high of 12 million regular users in 2010 to a recent low of close to 5 million
>The “Warcraft” games

I'd at least research the stuff I'm gonna shitpost about.

Considering the hate from critics X-Men Apocalypse got and turned out to be a really good movie, I am pretty sure WarCraft will be awesome, break the box office and be utterly enjoyable.

Critics can suck it.

The movie has no gay/lesbian characters, so Variety automatically hates it.

I hadn't realised vidya fans were such bigots. Usually when you see people talking shit on 4chin it sounds like a joke - you sound legit bro. Congrats, I guess.

I'm sorry but even objectively that review is trash. It's ridden with terrible comparisons and he brings up subjective things that have nothing to do with the movie on it's own merit.

Easy there son - I think you need a timeout in your hugbox with a plate of hot pockets.

...but it literally does look like a shit iPhone game. There is nothing even remotely realistic or life-like about that CGI. They look blatantly like video game characters. That's the opposite of good CGI. Jurassic Park came out 22 years ago and puts this to shame.

Yeah dude, ok, you totally aren't biased at all

>mfw all reviews of Warcraft will be desperately explained away by the neckbeards until an anomalous positive review is found on someone's blog

Haters BTFO

hollywoodreporter.com/review/warcraft-film-review-896290

>The balance between those sequences and the battles, with their brutal swordplay and thwacks of flesh and bone, won’t suit everyone, and the sections where you might zone out will depend on your taste. But the movie is character-driven every step of the way. That’s why, even if the world created by Jones and his talented design collaborators, both old-school physical and cutting-edge digital, isn’t seamlessly believable so much as staggeringly crafted, it casts a spell.

>Combining primitive textures (hides and sun-bleached bones) with the glowing whoosh of magical elements, Warcraft is a big-screen, 3D game that the viewer enters, to the martial beats of the elegantly ominous score by Ramin Djawadi (composer of the Game of Thrones theme). Its use of multiple cameras to film the motion capture performers in the same take as those playing human characters is one of the ways that it’s new. And then there’s Durotan’s eyes, and Garona’s grit. Dramatically and technically, Warcraft gives the concept of “hybrid” new punch.

Hollywood Reporter has a 'take it or leave it' sort of review - it's certainly a bit more positive than the other two so far.

'But if you’ve never played Warcraft the game, can you care about Warcraft the movie? Given the ardent global following of the franchise, will it matter? For non-aficionados, the two-hour experience could be more concise, but it’s no ordeal. Neither, though, is it consistently involving. If you haven’t already invested in the self-serious mythology, it can feel borderline camp, if not downright dull — or both, as when an uncredited Glenn Close intones platitudes from on high about darkness and light.'

>the bottom line
>crafty, and with heart.

Based Hollywoodreporter

>won’t suit everyone, and the sections where you might zone out will depend on your taste
>this is as positive as the review will get
Top kek

Much more resonable because it doesn't go into some personal rant about Blizzard or using extreme hyperbole

what's wrong with it? it's called objective.

it basically says "if you are a fantasy fan you will like it more"

Okay seriously Lothar is JUST fucking Ragnar?

Can the guy just not act? With every trailer and every scene he is literally playing the same character.

I'm not complaining at all - it effectively says fans will like it, others not so much. That's about what we all expected.

You're proving my point with every pic.

Why would I be biased? I haven't played vidya regularly in years, never played any Warcraft game, love Duncan Jones and knew nothing of this film until the trailer hit. Sounds like you're the biased one. I have no interest either way if it succeeds or fails. It looks like dogshit.

it is basically the same character

Was it really the same character in the game(s)?
He looks like a knight of some kind even noble maybe. He can't really be this rapist viking asshole.

this ahs got to be bait right?

this orc looks 1000 times better than the hulk

Another fans will like it, others not so much:

kino.de/film/warcraft-2016/news/warcraft-die-review/

Yeah and Hulk looked shit too. Try with a straight face to say the CGI here looks better than Jurassic Park. You can't and if you do you're a liar or delusional.

This.

Still not comparing to a movie that is more than 20 years old.
How is modern CGI not the biggest joke?

nobody cares about your faggotry so maybe you fairies should shut up about it

Are they calling the Hollywood Reporter one a 'fresh?'

I've never been quite sure how they decide with some reviews.

>they fell for the shitcraft kino

You seem to care. Do you touch yourself while typing these posts, or is it one hand on the keyboard, one hand on the hot pockets?

If it is more positive than negative it's fresh. Doesn;t have to be 100% praise.

you are some fucking delusional grandad if you are not receptive to change.

seriously if you think that shitty dinosaur cgi is good look again you may have cataracts or something wtf am i even reading you are trying so hard, the bait is real.

so what you're saying is BvS wasn't shit?

wait wait wait wait wait

You are telling me this looks like shit and this looks good?

Do you need glasses or are just insane?

So this is the credits song? FUCK YEAH!
youtube.com/watch?v=uriUPxg-YVo