Alternate Outside Tracklist

It's been debated how overfilled the tracklist for Outside by David Bowie is, so here's an alterate that may improve the album.

1. Leon Takes Us...Outside (A merge of the 'skit' and first track.)
2. The Hearts Filthy Lesson
3. A Small Plot of Land
4. Hallo Spaceboy
5. The Motel
6. The Voyeur of Utter Destruction
7. Thru These Architect Eyes
8. Strangers When We Meet

This would make it about 42 minutes in length, cutting out the 'skits' and a good chunk of the middle tracks. Thoughts on this version? Better or worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=06wXwgGpO9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

right off the bat, i'm a bit taken aback two of my favorite tracks are gone: I'm Deranged and I Have Not Been to Oxford Town. i'd add those to and maybe Outside, but that's me. i'm going to listen to this version right now and let you know if it sticks. thanks for this, though, mate, and for your contribution to the other thread.

No problem man.

But BEFORE YOU START LISTENING.

The first track IS outside! It's both the skit that procedes it and the track Outside combined into one. So if you're listening to this version DON'T skip the title track.

ah, gotcha. okay, away we go.

Hope you enjoy it :)

what are your thoughts on the Pet Shop Boys remix of Spaceboy? i could never get into it and never understood its appeal nor why Bowie released it as a single. i guess sales of Outside were disappointing?

It was alright. Never CARED for it but I guess I didn't hate it per say.

Aside from the one line
>Ground to Major, bye bye Top
That was so fucking forced, I cringe every time I hear it.

man, the final piano on The Motel, which was salvaged from The Leon Suites and my favorite part of them, not only is amazing but flows well into The Voyeur. yeah, i'm digging this abbreviated alternate tracklist.

Why the fuck do you guys keep talking about this album?

It was talked about twice today. For fuck sakes, calm down.

Glad you're liking it so far.

Well, how was it? It should be almost done soon.

i'd definitely want we prick you and i'm deranged on there t b h

really dug it. the songs flow a lot better than the official release. i still miss I'm Deranged and Oxford Town, though. valiant effort, all in all.

Thank you. I REALLY considered keeping Oxford in there but I didn't wanna risk keeping too much.

Plus since Motel flows into Voyer so well I wouldn't be sure where to put it.

Maybe between 'Small Plot of Land' and 'Hallo Spaceboy'?

Here's a link to the complete Leon Suites, if it helps:
youtube.com/watch?v=06wXwgGpO9c

Because it's Bowie's best album next to Low

>removing I'm Deranged

>removing I'm Deranged
Yes. Yes I did.

baka

I've watched Soul Eater enough to know that's an insult....

it's what the filter replaces s mh with

Well still. Rude! I have a good collection there!