>spent last 30 minutes flying a kid.
>car accident
>No seat belt
>ejection
>right arm gone
>why the fuck do I put myself through this
>I love helping people Sup Forums
>it's getting too much

Love my job. Love what I do. I know Sup Forums is filled with moralfags and white Knights. I'm sitting at my station, contemplating quiting. Give me something to laugh about.

Giving my usual pic so people know who I am.

I know you people have seen my threads. I've done roll threads. Actually figured out how to get steam on my phone. So I won't be a shit OP anymore. Might do a roll if this gets popular.

Ask me whatever. Don't mind questions. Just not in a great mood right now. Ha.

Last bump until I just go. Few hours left in my shift. The bays are quite. The town is silent. We bring a silent shift. Until we get a petty call. Don't worry. I'll haul.

I'm going through emt school. How hard is the test

NREMT is touch. It's adaptive. More you get right. Tougher it is. Study your patient assessments.

I never understood why it mattered if they were kids

The thing about kids is they shouldn't die. If kids are dieing something is going wrong. If you're 90... your time has come. If you are 10 .. way too soon.

Used to be a medic myself.
My advice: go back to school for nursing or something else in the medical field before you get burned out.

Stay out of ems and the emergency department.

Mind patching me up doc?

No experience in the field, but I just want to say thank you for what you do man.

If you were doing your fucking job that kid could've kept his arm. Go retake NREMT, retard.

stfu faggot

Do you have to clean that up or do you have staff for that?

/thread
Premedfag and the first thing the residents taught us is how much easier they're job would be if the glorified techs that are "paranedics" would do their job correctly. They say they've seen you destabilize more than one patient as well as constantly provide false, possibly-harmful info about the patient.

honestly dude i've seen people die and was too young to help. you're old enough, have the training and the position and here bitching even still

it's a lose/lose but you get some wins quit whining like a cunt and get at it

I assume you drink rather heavily sometimes?

Not a doctor but my wife is a triage nurse and she more or less confirmed this. She said she basically ignores the paras' info and just starts from scratch because the paramedics are so retarded.

Hey OP, been there, take advantage of therapy if it's offered.

Why the fuck don't the require paramedics to be RNs then? I've never understood that.

the dumbass kid didn't wear a seatbelt and his dumbass parents never instilled it into him

>No seat belt

some retards are never ment to live

>blaming paramedic incompetence on the victim
Shibby

He would have lost his arm whether you were there or not. At least you are helping.

>"they're job"
>"paranedics"
you're an imbecile and will probably never get into a reputable medschool and will certainly never match with a res prog. enjoy the next 10 years begging to make it in life with nothing but a worthless bio degree working in a lab.

hang in there buddy, we all appreciate your work

I'm on my fucking phone, numb nuts. I could flunk out of premed tomorrow and still get a job with my Master's making 70k. Jelly, parafag?

he did his damn job kids alive isn't he?

What kind of tissue am I lookin at in the corner there?

I feel you on this, I'm an emt in SoCal and one of my worst calls was a little girl the had a seizure after her mom hit her in her occipital with a pan, we flew her out and the whole time I couldn't believe that there are people out there that do shit like that.

dude nice 12 year old insight, truly mindblowing

stfu, you have no idea what the circumstances here were.

Maybe they should have taught you how to write fucking english instead.

Same here bud, too many years in and I hate my job with a passion. Ptsd is real shit and yes it can happen to any of us. The only thing that keeps me from being a total shitbag at work is that I feel a moral obligation to help/care for my pt well. That is something I will never lose.

PTSD

Bring it up to your board or supervisor, pal.

If you break down at site you're putting everyone at risk.

Do the right thing for yourself

Phone's have auto-correct, so you're just confirming that you're even more retarded than previously believed.

OP here. Thanks, but I really don't know the kid's condition. He was going into hypovolemic shock when we arrived at trauma. He probably won't make it.

Guess now he is left.

For fucks sake, OP.

There's no way to staff or afford placing RNs in ambulances in America. A lot of ambulance services are private. Proper health care takes a backseat to profit.

>phone's
>'s
lolwut?

i appreciate your work, user
just fyi

I had a buddy that was an EMT. He said that the first time he responded to an accident, he felt like he lost part of his sanity. He felt sick, couldn't sleep, images of the accident polluted his brain, lost appetite, and almost drank.

With that being said, he said the same thing as you about the love of caring for people. He is still contemplating ditching out of that job and going into some form of civil/social services.

Take it easy and talk about it with someone.

>Phone's
Autocorrect didn't catch that one, did it retard?

Your wife is overweight, complains a lot, and is most likely cheating on you with an ER tech. Seen it happen a million times.

My family is nothing but ham planets. When i was 18 and 260lbs i decided to get /fit/.

Ate right. Started cooking my own meals. Exercised for hours every day.

My parents tried to sabotage me, telling me i was starving myself. Blah blah

Anyways. Family thanksgiving. I show up with my boyfriend to make an appearence.

No one other than me in the family over the age of majority weighs less than 250lbs. Girls, boys, boyfriends, wives, neices and nephews.

I shit you not they had a box of insulin needles on the counter for after dinner.

My cousin was 15 at the time, type 2 diabetic sitting there eating m &ms out of the bag and drinking mountain dew out of a 2 liter bottle.

Anyways.
> My 300lb uncle falls in the hallway coming out of the bathroom
>my aunt falls and puts her head through the drywall trying to help.
>my dad rips his pants helping her.
>my brother throws his back out and cant get get up after he falls on his ass.

>My boyfriend asks me "oh jesus, did someone shit themself?" As im calling 911.

Fire and emergency shows up.

Im standing on the sidewalk with my boo watching six firefighters lift my uncle onto a stretcher. Fire cheif comes over to the sidewalk on his phone
>i nod
>"so how often do you find fatasses who shit themselves?"
>"im sorry, who are you"
>point at my dad on the stretcher "his son"
>he sighs "more often than I'd like"
>walks off to help the crew get my dad into the ambulance.

How often have you had a fatass shit themselves on your shift?

not the user you're arguing with but my sides are splitting

I feel for you, OP. Sorry it's a shitty night. Sorry all you get here are trolls who've never seen in their entire lives the kind of thing you'll see in one night.

That said, if it's too much for you there's always time for change in your life. A lot of people change careers. You've done a lot of good out there, and there's no shame in moving on.

Tits or gtfo

Hey op your doing the best you can
You weren't there to stop the accident but you were there to help out afterwards
Just remember why you started
The world would be a better place if more people were as brave as you
You actively sacrifice yourself to help others
That's just about the greatest thing a person can do

I have a good bit of WEBMs, but this shit site won't let me post them with audio.

Georgia I thought you loved this job.

"Phone's"
Kek.

why do you want to see a dude's tits?

AEMT here, was about to call you out for being a scumbag fake because of that stretcher picture. I was like, "Thats a shit ferno, theres no way thats on a flight unit."

I then noticed you posted your rig, I'm assuming you meant you called in a flight unit for the kid?

How old was the kid OP? Why were his parents so retarded? Did they at least look distraught over their fuck-up?

Kek'd so hard it's not even funny anymore.

Best tits or gtfo request

I truly believe all high schoolers should have to spend a night with us or in trauma, if not for anything more than to keep from drinking and driving. We just got the call possible OD unresponsive. I'll update you Sup Forumsros.

Oh shut the fuck you you fucking cuck. Go work in the field before you ever open your fucking mouth again. Premed faggots are a fucking joke.

>go back to school for nursing

Gods no. Ungodly hours, shit pay, shit work.

Im a dude.

>poorfag detected

Not OP, but this same story makes me grateful my parents didn't let me drive until 18.

Letting your kid drive once they hit fucking puberty is unacceptable.

because an RN is required to have a doctors order to perform any type of care. where as a paramedic has what is standing orders which allows us to have a broader spectrum of care, and toys at our disposal.

Today I had to save a dying bird my cat dragged on I guess we're just two of a kind
*takes swig of internet whiskey
Here you should try some... It's good...from 2008...a memorable year
Shit they broke in! All the injuries! Get in your van and I'll contact HQ those fuckers don't steal our good times. They got me! They shit me with their traumas and now I cortisol myself all the freaking time. Send tobacco! Then get out of here! God have mercy on our souls
*click the explosion goes off and ruptures your eardrums blastforce presses up against the wall and all your bones crack rupturing spleen and liver and then ignited by the flames instantly teeth cracking from heat dripping charred sweet smelling fat globules an interesting nite the main destruction proposed itself passage through one of the, if not the, most sensitive regions of the human male body the dick was obliterated instantly causing all your screams to resonate a superior bitchiness as they devolve into mild choked whimperings until your ash and this all happened really fast
Damn that must of hurt! Good thing I made it out safe, now you know what it's like to feel pain. Use your lesson with wisdom.

Your wife is without a doubt a horrible nurse. Sorry to tell you, not taking a report from a medic, I don't care how bad of a medic is, is bad for the patient and bad for continuation of care.

Yeah. No way we were wheelin' him to trauma. Goin' into shock, heart arrhythmia and unresponsive. Nope, not dying in my wagon.

Firefighter Paragod here.

You pussy. Just quit already.

I have massive respect for EMT's and Paramedics.... but I could never do that shit. I get the idea of wanting to help people... but damn... seeing all that gore and death all the time? I just couldn't handle it.

You can't blame them for being fat, they have a faggot for a son.

Read better.

I assumed he was 7 or 8 or something. If he was driving on his own, he deserved it.

Welcome, newfriends.

>Be paramedic
>2 year education
>Work under stress and trauma trying to gather info/stabilize patient
>Doctors and nurses look down on my profession
>Autists on a whale breeding forum shits on me
>Only thing that brings me to work is my calling for helping others

I am glad I am not that guy.
Be greatful you cunts.
>t. pharmacist

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

You fucking idiot. Yeah because a paramedic is totally a surgeon who can preform replantation surgery in the back of a moving bus. You're a joke of a human being and I genuinely hope that you need to call 911 sometime soon.

Everyone gets an ambulance called for them at one point in their lives (in some cases after-life), I hope I'm there with a smile on my face when a call is made for your sorry ass.

This is why you don't get stoned and post

Hey OP, Firefag here. I see all sorts of shit too, and am often called to assist lifting man-whales that two parafags can't do on their own.
Once responded to a river drowning, and it was a friend I went to school with. We're not trained in swift-water rescue so I got to stand on the dyke and watch him die.
Oh well. We do a lot of good for our communities, maybe it's worth the toll it takes on us.
Carry on bud.

I'm going to safely assume the kid was 15 on a learners permit. Mom and dad were probably swinging with Billy Bob the neighborhood and junior decided to go for a joy ride.

Everyone gets an ambulance, huh? Care to cite that bullshit. I know of at least 4 people (including me) that never did. One is dead, one is 87.

Man up you fucking pussy. You're saving lives. That is your job. When someone screams for a medic, your job is to go play hero for a living.

>Everyone gets an ambulance called for them at one point in their lives
Did you literally just make that up and expect everyone to believe it?

In what way did it look like I thought he was a "she"?

Paramedic here too, in my country serious shit happens rarely, usually its old grampas who call us because of their "high blood pressure", which is usually not. Getting paid like fucking shit 370~euros. Still love my job, the things i do. Going to uni this year to get bachelor and be a doctor.

What is a hearse? How does it work?
Do you think all dead people arrive at the mortuary by ambulance? Are you fucking 12?

Are you that stupid?

Here, maybe this might help a bit.

FIREFIGHTER PARAMEDIC.

Retard.

You are weak.
I can handle all the gore in the world. I love it even.

Please leave Sup Forums you newfags

Ah. Well, I don't feel bad anymore. Plus it's nice to just assume you were right.

so edgy, try not to cut yourself on that angsty preteen attitude of yours

You need a vacation.

you the real mvp, OP

Underage who has never had to do any hard work in his life.

that's called PTSD and it is common. If he is a university/college student they probably have free counseling on campus. He should take advantage of it.

Nah. Kid was 4, mother was driving. OP here, the OD call got cancelled, I'm not sure why but kind of sounded like the family was transporting her themselves.

When you say flying a kid, do you mean you're a flight medic?

Not that user but "edgy" is a cringy as fuck meme at this point.

>I can handle all the gore in the world. I love it even.

Pic related: You.

No. I'm a wheeled wagon. We called life flight in because the kid was in real bad shape.