You will NEVER see a live-action adaptation on the big screen

>you will NEVER see a live-action adaptation on the big screen

yeah cause those little aliens wud be so interesting

MUH GAYMEN

Only Halo 1, 2, and all the books were good

Rest is trash, but I'll admit that Reach has decent cinematography.

>all the books
>The Flood
>anything after Ghosts of Onyx

>muh nylund
I'll agree his were the best, especially the admiral Cole short story, but I really like the other books as well and there's no reason not to enjoy them.

Halo makes me sad because it had so much potential to be an even greater universe than it already is. To me it represents the great creative "slowdown" in media since 2010. Slower release cycles, less innovation, strange corporate-level decisions and bad writing.

This applies to both games and movies.

You already saw a better Halo movie in Starship Troopers.
Look, Halo is a pretty cool guy and the games are good, but the story is pretty much stuff that could be changed to a generic sci-fi ALIUMS story and it would be just as good.

Why is this? Is it the end of the western golden age?

>I really like the other books as well and there's no reason not to enjoy them.
Contact Harvest and Cole Protocol were pretty good but Cryptum sucked so much balls that I never picked up a Halo book after that.

>Halo makes me sad because it had so much potential to be an even greater universe than it already is. To me it represents the great creative "slowdown" in media since 2010. Slower release cycles, less innovation, strange corporate-level decisions and bad writing.
>This applies to both games and movies.
Agreed.
>tfw that Fall of Reach movie that could have retroactively fixed canon but instead was total shit and didn't do anything new

I see what you're saying and I can agree it's the same situation with the casual audience, but I'd prefer a sci-fi IP I'm already familiar with rather than putting in the effort of getting into another

Well, whatever it is, I hope they don't use Massur Chief. Stories like ODST/Reach were great because they didn't involve him.

>fps people stopped caring about 7 years ago

Forward Unto Dawn is the best you can hope for.

I'm a huge Halo fan and I don't want a Halo movie.

this

At this point it would be 343 trash everything they touch is awful.

Great.
Halo ruined FPS.

How

Why would I mind? Halo hardly lends itself to a 2 hour cinematic experience.

Video games rarely lend themselves to film adaptations, there's either not enough or too much going on.

You've already seen halo movies though. As halo is just "starship troopers without the political satire" or "aliens without geiger" or "Battlefield earth without scientology."

Halo 3 and Reach were also good. But 343 literally ruined the franchise, now it has become a futuristic CoD.

>Hey the anime movies were pretty good

slits troat

I think that's a bit too simplistic, but they have gone pants-on-head-retarded with regards to the plot.

I couldn't play those games because the plot is really bad. And there was no reason to bring C back, Arbiter could easily be the new main character.

That's probably for the best, anyway. Best not to let the general, non-gaming public remember Halo for spawning a crappy movie.

I'd love a movie trilogy or series based on the Kilo-Five trilogy

It's the momentum that got lost after Reach and the transition to 343. If the series is a marathon pun intended then it'd be like realizing you were only halfway done and subbing another person in- they have been around for the planning stages but they can't keep the pace

Brought in all the retarded casuals and consolized the whole genre in the process.