youtube.com/watch?v=mRt5Y439dvU
youtube.com/watch?v=xtLoaMfinbU
youtube.com/watch?v=0koV2SSE3eU
youtube.com/watch?v=WTO10Xgl0eM
youtube.com/watch?v=at5OoaKeVTg
youtube.com/watch?v=qUXmRUDwcMg
youtube.com/watch?v=x5HGofOZ-GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CNuQVS7q7-A
scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/11855059_153594858308418_1500740088_n.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Black Swan

Black swan

Nigger Duck

Le Cygne Noir

Worst board strikes again

Misty Copeland's documentary should have some good forearm hair scenes.

GOAT

Lebăda Neagră

This.

The one about that black ballet lady

she had strong fucking arms

Why is everyone obsessed with her? Is she really that great or is just because she's a black woman succeeding in a white woman's world?

This is a super average documentary but it's what you want

Yeah and she's not that great of a ballerina, she's too intense and not graceful enough

Flesh and Bone (miniseries)

Suspiria

Suspiria

>coming to the worst board voluntarily
>complaining about it

Best ballet doc coming through

She's a negress in a typically white sport, so she gets ridiculous publicity because muh oppression.

I just post her because she's hairy and cute really. If you know of any white hairies in the business that deserve to be posted, do tell.

Love that show, it's like Showgirls: The Series. Brilliant and unintentionally hilarious at the same time

footfags: google image search "ballerina feet"

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHU5QLEjGAg

I don't know about hairy, but I want to have filthy sex with Sarah Lamb

Everyone knows about their fucked up toes, reddit

I'm actually really into ballet, do you know if it is accurate? Are the actresses really dancers?

I only watched the first episode and wasn't all that impressed, and I say that as a big GG fan. Should I give it another go?

Came here to suggest this. I thought it was excellent.

many of the actresses are actually dancers, yes

This. I've seen her quite a few times at ABT--she's a fine soloist but her her promotion to principal really wasn't earned solely on talent alone, shall we say...

They're gonna tear up the dance floor.

Several have training; the fading star of the company was a recently retired principal at ABT.

The show is trash, but well made and entertaining trash. I'd recommend giving it a try.

Grey Duck

Accurate in some ways and it uses real dancers but it's mostly wildly over-the-top and melodramatic, and I mean that in the best way possible. If you enjoy camp you'll love it

>I'm actually really into ballet
hello there fellow balletomane

youtube.com/watch?v=mRt5Y439dvU

FOR
THE
PLOT

Pic related, the red shoes. It's one of my favorite movie ever

Princess Tutu

>hello there fellow balletomane
lel, we're rare

>tfw you will never live in st petersburg and see shows in the mariinsky
>tfw no ballerina gf

The sequence of the red shoes ballet may, perhaps, be my favorite thing ever filmed. Glorious shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=xtLoaMfinbU

Susperia was kind of a let down. It had a great opening, and some cool visuals, but there just wasn't much substance.

good thing I'm not a footfag.

ahh I need to see this. Diana Vishneva is my balletfu.

absolutely. the tone is really mishmash but it finds its footing by the end.

Three balletomanes in one thread on /tv. God damned, I love this cesspool that is Sup Forums. One truly meets all types here...

youtube.com/watch?v=0koV2SSE3eU

I thought it started a little rough, but it found its footing quickly. I really enjoyed it.

best televised ballet scene ever comin thru

youtube.com/watch?v=WTO10Xgl0eM

nice dubs

Balletbros, have you checked out the Opus Arte releases of the british royal ballet performances? Highly recommended if not.

make that 4

>mariinsky
>ballerina gf
you basically need to be a russian drug kingpin, parliament member, or weapons dealer.

fuck this life.

bluray?

Gays not welcome but trips are

The Red Shoes.

yeah they're available on bluray. Most of them, at least. I have the one I posted as well as pic related, but on DVD

Billy Elliot is more a feel good coming-of-age story with a ballet theme. Good movie though.

>lel, we're rare
Indeed. I wish I had someone to go see ballet with, but all my friends think it's gay, literally and figuratively.

>tfw no ballerina gf
I know that feel user

What is your favorite ballet? Mine is Mayerling, never fails to bring tears. Nothing beats MacMillan's choreography IMO, so expressive.

youtube.com/watch?v=at5OoaKeVTg

Those are some sex axilla right there

nureyev's don quixote is my favorite

>don't you ever talk to me or my 18 daughters ever again

More like a coming out story faggot.

Amelia by La La La Human Steps

the violence, the jagged edges. that shit changed my life:
youtube.com/watch?v=qUXmRUDwcMg

how they filmed it just elevates the entire piece. Pure balletkino.

>I wish I had someone to go see ballet with
Tickets are expensive. It costs $300 to see an opera in my city. I could watch two 3D Imax movies for that price.

have any of you guys ever bought flowers for a ballerina? Maybe for one of the background dancers who feels unappreciated?

>I could watch two 3D Imax movies for that price

>tfw no ballerina gf

i already posted a link to the full film

>have any of you guys ever bought flowers for a ballerina? Maybe for one of the background dancers who feels unappreciated?

no but that's a great idea.

Pic related is my ballet collection

these ballerina r fuccn fit jfc how did i not know about this

why is Leanne Cope so perfect? ;___;

youtube.com/watch?v=x5HGofOZ-GQ

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc

No it isn't.

>Manon
JUST

I'm good looking and fit so it would ok, if you did it, that's a different story.

Not a fan? I really enjoy it, though I mostly bought it for Tamara Rojo

She is a goddess

Insane. I might have to start a folder.

>help me user, I'm stuck

OP here, watching flesh and bone. this is good, thanks Sup Forums

Flesh and Bone from Starz is actually very good. Mo homo.

The main girl is a real ballerina and has great tits. (that she shows)

No love for First Position?

That's the one about the kids right? Saw it on Netflix, pretty good

Yep thats the one. Thought it was interesting - crazy pressure on the kids.

I like it anyway

You guys definitely and seriously should watch Pina by Wim Wenders.
Absolutely amazing film. It is the best work about the beauty contemporary ballet can amount to imo.
youtube.com/watch?v=CNuQVS7q7-A

Enjoy!

Red Shoes is a masterpiece

I though it was just ok. It doesn't really delve deep into her personality. The clips of her work just make you wish you were watching the entire performances.

Just watch the entirety of Café Müller if you're gonna watch Pina.

>Pina
I loved this one! First time I ever heard of Pina Baush. It also really made me understand some of the concepts contemporary dance.

I'd be lying if I didn't watch ballet in no small part due to my axilla fetish.

I mean that scene in Possession? Jesus fuck.

scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/11855059_153594858308418_1500740088_n.mp4

I was amazed and horrified to learn recently that they're filming a third one.

>Indeed. I wish I had someone to go see ballet with, but all my friends think it's gay, literally and figuratively.

Guys got to get over this. Putting aside there's nothing gay about it- you just need to look at the history of dancer "sponsorship" to see this--it's a solid way to meet girls. I give a shit ton of money to a major US company, and am young, so I get free invites to all of the young patron events they have. The ratio of girls to hetero guys at these events is so skewed that you'd need to be a special kind of autist to strike out..

>What is your favorite ballet?.

currently, Ashton's La Fille Mal Gardee.

>The ratio of girls to hetero guys at these events is so skewed that you'd need to be a special kind of autist to strike out
I guess I'm that autist. It sounds like a great idea, but I'm so insecure and terrified of women I doubt anything would come of it

Who has seen Ratmansky's The Sleeping Beauty?

I saw it with Misty Copeland as Florine, and I swear you the dancer playing Aurora's mother looked like she was going to stab someone every time Copeland got massive applause for what was a well-danced but certainly not massive applause/cheer worthy scene.