Why do Canadians want to be American so badly?

Why do Canadians want to be American so badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odrysian_kingdom
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just want california

Hmm...

>I'm never going to shy away from standing up for what I believe in — whether it's proclaiming loudly to the world that I am a feminist, whether it's understanding that immigration is a source of strength for us and Muslim Canadians are an essential part of the success of our country today and into the future." - Justin Trudeau 2 days ago when talking about Trump

Embarassing!

c*anadians are fucking useless

seriously, is there a more useless coutnry in existence than canada?

even fucking kosovo was more worthwile than them historically

We've literally done more than you

Bulgaria for starters. Shit I think I spend more on toilet paper a week than your country makes in a decade.

I don't think Canadians want to be Americans. Their identity, in many ways, is tied to the fact that they aren't Americans. Their national identity was forged as the direct result of a US invasion of their country and our traditional anti-Catholicism (which understandably scared the Catholic French Canadians). Canadians don't hate us or anything, but at the same time I don't think they want to be us. They may respect many things about America, but at the same time they're extremely proud of who they are.

t. unemployed drunk international relations major with a minor in history

I want to understand why so many people think that Trump is opposed to all immigration. I didn't vote for Trump, but it makes me sad to see him slandered like this. Criticize for him for his other policies, but he has always been very clear that he is opposed to ILLEGAL immigration. That is what so many legal immigrants, like Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and my father all voted for him.

Heck, his own wife is an immigrant (albeit a legal one). It must be very frustrating to him to see millions of people repeat a lie.

>Bulgarian history

Why is it always the countries that make Canada seem like the pinnacle of human civilization?

I'm sorry who the FUCK are you?

Bulgarian history is incredible, man. They played a key role in the history of the Roman Empire, they fought wars against Constantinople for longer than Canada has even existed. I can't think of any great scientific/cultural achievements off the top of my head, but they were very important.

IMO Bulgaria is the most underrated country in Europe, their whole story is absolutely fascinating and they deserve so much more respect than they get.

>I want to understand why so many people think that Trump is opposed to all immigration. I didn't vote for Trump, but it makes me sad to see him slandered like this. Criticize for him for his other policies, but he has always been very clear that he is opposed to ILLEGAL immigration. That is what so many legal immigrants, like Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and my father all voted for him.
>Heck, his own wife is an immigrant (albeit a legal one). It must be very frustrating to him to see millions of people repeat a lie.
This, so much this. He's also not really that racist, and there are far better things to criticize him on than race relations.
slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/

stopped reading right here

>I can't think of any great scientific/cultural achievements

pretty triggered right now tb h

>That is what so many legal immigrants, like Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and my father all voted for him.

There's no such thing as a Cuban illegal immigrant, because they're all immediately given citizenship soon after they set foot on the American shores as a matter of policy. The lack of self-awareness is stunning.

Oh man, the Cyrillic Alphabet was you guys? I knew there was something I was forgetting.

I know....that's why I said "legal immigrant".

>The lack of self-awareness is stunning.

I could say the same about you, since you clearly missed my point...

>They played a key role in the history of the Roman Empire
>weren't even near the Romans until 600AD

The Roman Empire lasted until 1453.....Bulgarian leaders fought the Romans for more than 500 years, longer than either of our countries have existed.

>Byzantines
>Roman
wew

They also bent over pretty fast for Turks, some great history.

Not to mention the fact that his post is just plain wrong.

>The Odrysian kingdom had maintained continuity with its own kings, but broken up into several kingdoms (including Canite and Odrissae) by the early second century BC, until succumbing to complete Roman conquest in 146 BC

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odrysian_kingdom

The Thracians were major players in the classical world.

>popilation is too small and poor to create a real boom of wealth.
>entire population is around border because its so cold and to be close to trading partner.
>liberal as fuck
>overrated healthcare.
>no job opps
>canadian tv sucks
>topography is more or less the same. America has way more variety.

The Byzantines were Romans.

>They also bent over pretty fast for Turks, some great history.

They were weakened by endless wars against other groups. The Persians, the Arabs, even their own "Fellow Christians" from Western Europe, who burned churches in Constantinople and raped nuns....by the time the Turks came along the Empire was all but dead. The Eastern Romans had a proud and successful history, that, again, was longer than the entire existence of our two countries put together. But nothing lasts forever.

>Thracians
>Bulgarian

We're doing "muh huritage" and American Education memes now?

Thracians/dacians/ilirians/ are pretty much the majority of the modern south "slav" genetics

So I'm guessing you have Bulgarian ancestry then?

Well, yeah. Modern Bulgarians come from the Thracians as well as the Bulgars. You can't disregard that fact simply because it's convenient for you to do so.

They are not?

Nice meme, mind if I borrow it Mehmet Jr.?

>Paleo-mtDNA analysis of old Thracian populations from S-E Romania
>Computing the frequency of common point mutations of the present-day European
population with the Thracian population has resulted that the Italian (7.9 %), the Alban
(6.3 %) and the Greek (5.8 %) have shown a bias of closer genetic kinship with the Thracian
individuals than the Romanian and Bulgarian individuals (only 4.2%).

Lol. no. My ancestry is Swedish (from my mother's side), and Afro-Cuban (from my father's side). I just have a lot of respect for both the Bulgarians and the Eastern Roman Empire.

>Bulgaria, the ex-nazi and Ottoman Empire allies, criticizing anyone

Hahahhahahah

>Modern Italians have more genetic overlap than Bulgarians do

wew lad

Irrelevant.

>facts
>irrelevant

Bit shocking when "muh ancestors" isn't quite true eh?

Oh man that piece of toast is so fucking smug. Look at him just giving it to that dirty slut slice of butter

You're talking about mitochondrial DNA here. That's a fraction of the genome.

>Bit shocking when "muh ancestors" isn't quite true eh?

But it is true.