At least Annie's actually fucking working now

At least Annie's actually fucking working now

Who here is /hyped/?

Other urls found in this thread:

guidelive.com/culture/2016/01/28/dallas-segregated-st-vincent-ta-nehisi-coates-book-race-relations-texas
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

#joke #bisexual

She started writing it late last year. I actually saw a post somewhere about Bobby Sparks doing some synth work on it, not to mention Sounwave (who is supposedly the producer of the album rather than Congleton) posted a few images and even a short (soundless) video of her in the studio.

But yeah, I'm really hyped. Have no idea what to expect.

She should kill herself

The earliest account of Vincent's martyrdom is in a carmen (lyric poem) written by the poet Prudentius,[1] who wrote a series of lyric poems, Peristephanon ("Crowns of Martyrdom"), on Hispanic and Roman martyrs.

He was born at Huesca, near Saragossa, Spain sometime during the latter part of the 3rd century; it is believed his father was Eutricius (Euthicius), and his mother was Enola, a native of Osca.[2]

Vincent spent most of his life in the city of Saragossa, where he was educated and ordained to the diaconate by Bishop Valerius of Saragossa, who commissioned Vincent to preach throughout the diocese.[2] Because Valerius suffered from a speech impediment, Vincent acted as his spokesman.

When the Roman Emperor Diocletian began persecuting Christians in Spain, both were brought before the Roman governor, Dacian in Valencia. Vincent and his bishop Valerius were confined to the prison of Valencia. Though he was finally offered release if he would consign Scripture to the fire, Vincent refused. Speaking on behalf of his bishop, he informed the judge that they were ready to suffer everything for their faith, and that they could pay no heed either to threats or promises.[3]

that is a #joke

Let's hope it will be a spiritual and financial disaster

I thought it was done. ugh. fuck off then, Annie. don't tease me.

>being a musician
>work

His outspoken manner so angered the governor that Vincent was inflicted every sort of torture on him. He was stretched on the rack and his flesh torn with iron hooks. Then his wounds were rubbed with salt and he was burned alive upon a red-hot gridiron. Finally he was cast into prison and laid on a floor scattered with broken pottery, where he died. During his martyrdom he preserved such peace and tranquillity that it astonished his jailer, who repented from his sins and was converted. Vincent's dead body was thrown into the sea in a sack, but was later recovered by the Christians and his veneration immediately spread throughout the Church.[3] The aged bishop Valerius was exiled.
The story that Vincent was tortured on a gridiron is perhaps adapted from the martyrdom of another son of Huesca, Saint Lawrence— Vincent, like many early martyrs in the early hagiographic literature, succeeded in converting his jailer.

According to legend, after being martyred, ravens protected St. Vincent's body from being devoured by vultures, until his followers could recover the body. His body was taken to what is now known as Cape St. Vincent; a shrine was erected over his grave, which continued to be guarded by flocks of ravens. In the time of Muslim rule in the Iberian Peninsula, the Arab geographer Al-Idrisi noted this constant guard by ravens, for which the place was named by him كنيسة الغراب "Kanīsah al-Ghurāb" (Church of the Raven). King Afonso I of Portugal (1139–1185) had the body of the saint exhumed in 1173 and brought it by ship to the Monastery of São Vicente de Fora in Lisbon. This transfer of the relics is depicted on the coat of arms of Lisbon.[4]

#ThanksDonald

I'm excited, I just got into her music and I really liked it.

Three elaborated hagiographies, all based ultimately on a lost 5th-century Passion, circulated in the Middle Ages. His "Acts" have been "rather freely colored by the imagination of their compiler".[5]

Though Vincent's tomb in Valencia became the earliest center of his cult, he was also honoured at his birthplace and his reputation spread from Saragossa. The city of Oviedo in Asturias grew about the church dedicated to Vincent. Beyond the Pyrenees, he was venerated first in the vicinity of Béziers, and at Narbonne. Castres became an important stop on the international pilgrimage routes to Santiago de Compostela when the relics of Vincent were transferred to its new abbey-church dedicated to Saint Benedict from Saragossa in 863, under the patronage of Salomon, count of Cerdanya.
A church was built in honour of Vincent, by the Catholic bishops of Visigothic Iberia, when they succeeded in converting King Reccared and his nobles to Trinitarian Christianity. When the Moors came in 711, the church was razed, and its materials incorporated in the Mezquita, the "Great Mosque" of Cordova.

yea im excited

FUCK OFF

this

Just letting you know who the real, venerable St. Vincent is.

And I'm just letting you know you should fuck off

aight

The fuck are you doing, lad?

>implying St. Vincent isn't more deserving of worship than some Spanish Christcuck

She didn't even take the name from the saint, even though it ultimately goes back to him. She took it from the Nick Cave song There She Goes My Beautiful World where he sings that Dylan Thomas died in St. Vincent's hospital. Also her grandmother's middle name is apparently St. Vincent.

Do you think Anne Clark could suffer torture and death for her ideals?

If Sup Forumsfags get their way, yes.

>#joke #blessed
Was this ironic?

slay mama

those quads tho

Everything St. Vincent does is ironic.

What are her ideals other than "carpet munching should be an Olympic sport"?

>Genders don't actually exist.

>She doesn't have actually have a sexual orientation, apparently.

>Racism is not a natural byproduct of people being different races; there is no such thing as race, we are all human beings and there are those who "believe themselves to be white".

Stupid shit like that.

Nah, she believes in genders. And while she hasn't ever said herself what she identifies as a lot of what she says seems like she'd be pansexual. Though she's a de facto lesbian. Outside of Alan Del Rio forever ago she doesn't seem to have ever dated a man. At least in the past decade or so.

Not sure she's ever said anything about racism directly. She'd probably believe whatever the average democrat believes though.

She has actually dated a man?

She went on like one date with Alan, who was basically friendzoned after that. She might have dated some other men (there's a picture of her with a man as her prom date floating around, not sure if it was an actual date though) but from what I've heard she dated women in college and around when Actor was coming out she was dating Lissy Trullie, then more recently was Cara, and now Kristin.

Alan is a pretty weird looking person.

I can't find the source where she talked about how she wasn't entirely sure she subscribed to the idea that there were only two genders, or any genders to begin with, but it's out there I'm sure.

Her comments about racism can be attributed to this article: guidelive.com/culture/2016/01/28/dallas-segregated-st-vincent-ta-nehisi-coates-book-race-relations-texas

Believing that there's more than two genders isn't the same as believing there are no genders. She did say in an interview that she thinks "you can fall in love with anyone", which might be similar but even that I don't think is the same as saying genders don't exist. She acknowledges them at the very least. I remember a tweet from the daughter of the pastor of where she's from, that when she met her again when she was there doing the concert with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra she said that Annie remembered that she was "genderqueer".

And yeah, that link sounds like what the typical democrat thinks about race. At least nowadays. Considering this is based on a book she read and not just out of her own mind I'm not really giving it much credence.