Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums.
My headphones just died and i wanted your advice on which affordable headphones i should get. I'm considering getting pic related. They're monoprice dj.

Just get the ATH-M50x. They're a meme at this point but you're not going to do much better then them at the price for closed headphones.

keep monoprice if u want closed, superlux hd668b for open

Nah don't get those.

Get the Sennheiser HD598 Cs

More comfortable and the cord is detachable so if the cord goes bad (happens all the time on headphones) you can just replace it.

these are such a massive drop in sq compared to the open ones/ath m50x that you'd think theyre a joke. They maybe are more comfortable but sound like shit in comparison.

Just get m50x or m40x like the other guy said. MDR-7506 are good as well but you lose the amenites that the audiotechnicas have so they're harder to recommend.

Nah get xpt100s

another alternative are the sony mdr-7510 which is pretty much the replacement for the 7506

How much do you want to spend OP? Unless your old pair was a nice pair I doubt you'll be disappointed with the Monoprice, I have them and I don't hate them and for $20 you can't beat them - I do much prefer listening on my monitors but I've always felt that way with headphones. But maybe that's because I haven't ever had a good enough pair.

I want something below $50. I can't afford anything fancy right now

Do you care to carry and wear them in public? Or just within your home.

what head/earphones do you guys use for outside/portable listening? is there a meme/m50x equivalent?

Yeah. Not that i'd be ashamed to wear big autistic headphones in public but i'd like them to be portable and be able to ride on the subway/bus with them.

The m50 have a pretty classic DJ headphone look so they don't look retarded. Otherwise se215.

beyerdynamic 770, the 32 ohm version
changed the pads with black velour ones
best thing money can buy in that price range

v moda

Seconded

i got Sennheiser HD-25-1 II i like them a lot
basically indestructible

Shill out for the M50x. Ignore the memers, it is genuinely good and i say that in hindsight after using them for 3 years and then moving on to $370 headphones.

How breakable are the ATX cables? Would it be a mistake to get the regular M50 (not -x) since it's much cheaper?

Also are the m40x less comfortable to wear?

I had the M50s also and the cable isn't detachable but i never had any issues with it. You may wanna get new pads after a while though because the pads on mine became rock hard after a few years. People online tend to suggest the Shure 840 pads as a replacement.
The headband wears out a bit too, after around 3-4 years.

You can do scores better than those. Are you people paid or just yokels?