Star Trek 2017 - Crew Compliment Possibilities

Star Trek 2017 - Crew Compliment Possibilities

Captain
>LaLondra Montgomery - After her recent promotion to become Captain of the Starship Tubman, this strong-willed girl from Alabama finds herself thigh deep in the inner Beta Quadrant. Standing 166cm tall and 88kg wide, her short but imposing presence keeps young ensigns in check through her in-your-face attitude.
Commander
>Lunek - A female Benzite whose strict adherence to Starfleet principles sometimes finds her at odds end with more gung-ho officers. Quiet, yet passionate about the Federation, she will stand by her captain, even without her respiration mask. Trademark reverse thumbs up when approving of a request.
Lt. Commander
>T'Jaina - A MTF Transgendered Vulcan officer whose "unusual habits" has often gotten her in trouble with senior officers. She believes in freedom of choice and to "live and let live long and prosper".
Chief Engineer
>Memory Of Larkin - The functional Central Nervous System of a deceased officer carried in a mechanical shell is capable of using his past life as an engineer aboard the Starship Castro to come up with highly innovative solutions to critically dangerous problems. While not considered a completely living person, he retains all the rights of any sentient being and is treated with respect and admiration by his fellow shipmates.
Doctor
>Barry Goldwater - Starfleet's first Hasidic Jew walks proudly and expects officers under his supervision to take care of their bodies / machines, especially the "sanctified" regions. Can often be seen fraternizing with Ferengi shipmates / business associates.
Conn
>Nissan's "Huri Gotagogo" - A fully automated position sequencing robot has an emotional interface that allows it to communicate swiftly with it's crewmembers and make split second evasive maneuvers. Known for it's off-color jokes and ability to use the bathroom to change it's lubrication system.

Any ideas from fellow fans of ST?

simply ebin

>barry goldwater

Since they'll insist on a female, non-white captain.

>huri gotagogo

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>female captain, commander
>"female" lt. commander

>no counselor
They'll crash/genocide several pre-Warp civilizations before the pilot is finished

>>Memory Of Larkin - The functional Central Nervous System of a deceased officer carried in a mechanical shell is capable of using his past life as an engineer aboard the Starship Castro to come up with highly innovative solutions to critically dangerous problems. While not considered a completely living person, he retains all the rights of any sentient being and is treated with respect and admiration by his fellow shipmates.

>Klingon Commander: KayCHA, theyve made TARGS in Captains now?!
>You crae than a mug if you think you gonna' just come o'er here board MY ship.. nuhnt--uhn no sir.. You BEST be playin!

>Star trek
>Complaining about women and minorities

Go back to star whores, you Wookieepedian.

The Original Series was created by a Jew to show off a future of perfect diversity.
Are you dumb?

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

>Gene Roddenberry
>Jewish
Are you.. denser than a neutron star?
Gene was a white boy, Goleman and Roddenberry aren't Jewish names.
Not to mention, I don't know many Jews who were police officers and WW2 pilots.

DS9 episode 1:
>"Don't go in that wormhole, Dukat. The Prophets will get you if you do."
>"Please, Major, I'll be fine. AAAHHH I'M NOT FINE, SOMEBODY SAVE ME, AAAAAHHHHH."

You don't know many police officers or pilots period.

And nowadays people criticize him for not being diverse enough.

Look at how much ground has been lost, when we're arguing about how many transsexuals are okay for Star Trek when we used to whine about a black woman.

You joke but you just gave them the keys to the mansion

Actually, my friend is an LEO but that's besides the point.
Gene isn't Jewish and you were wrong.
How does it feel to be the idiot this time?
>"I was merely PRETENDING!"
Oh, well then carry on..

I'm going to be completely honest with you, Memory of Larkin is actually a pretty cool idea for a character.

The CNS of an officer in a robotic chassis would be pretty novel for a character, last time I've seen that done was Robocop.

OP here, user..

I didn't realize until I wrote this post in complete jest (not trying to even be Sup Forums-like or piss off Trekkies, just being funny) that Memory of Larkin DOES sound pretty interesting.

Kane from Robocop 2 came to mind to me only after seeing that someone thought it was a funny idea. It truly is one of the very few ideas for a fresh character I've heard that isn't outright people screaming "progressive crews more like" or something to that nature.

CHOOSE YOUR VR QUEST

It just occurred to me how uncomfortable sickbay beds look. Imagine having to spend a week there after a bad injury... no cushions, pillows, anything

Holy fuck, how long did this garbage take you?

About 5 minutes.

Memory sounds based af

Thanks, I didn't realize 'til after the fact that his description doesn't have any overt note of parody to it.

It got me thinking about a character like that. It would have an android type body but the head piece would have to be like a highly resolute display, or maybe even similar to Robocop.

Although, if they really wanted a new character for the universe that is definitely one idea they could use.

Guaranteed cancelled aftter 2 seasons just knowing they're going to pull the progressive bullshit card, and CBS's subscription way of jewing will not fly with most Trekkies for something they're unsure of.

Thanks JJ for completely ruining Trek.

What pisses me off most about that prescription service is that anyone outside of the US will be capable of watching it totally for free as it will air on CBS stations in other countries.

And the pilot is going to air on CBS as well.

Not to mention, CBS is big network so regardless of who the head writers / producers are, they can be axed or countermanded very easily by executives if the material strays too far from an accepted narrative.

My main problem with it is actually the multiple crews idea. If they do come up with compelling characters, are they just going to take them away from us because the next season / arc is based entirely on another crew?

Is this whole 'new crew every season' thing 100% confirmed?
I agree that this is the scariest part of the prospect. Imagine if our only exposure to the TNG crew was S1 or our only exposure to the DS9 crew was S1...

Nothing about the new series is 100% confirmed

No, but "new crews" implies at least that the focus of the show will not be on a single starship or team of officers aboard a space station or colony.
Also, let's not forget that the trailer promised us "new heroes" and "new villains".
The term "hero" i/ "villain" s reminiscent of all this capeshit that is dominating modern movies and shouldn't new characters be expected? If we were told it's simply going to be all the same old people from before just in different storylines it would be dead in the water.
Just hoping the non-teaser teaser was produced by someone not directly working under Bryan Fuller or any of the other shows announced production staff.

yes. nolan north plays every single part. always in different makeup and with a different voice

>If we were told it's simply going to be all the same old people from before just in different storylines it would be dead in the water.
Reusing old characters is not the only alternative to using a new crew every season.

I should've been more specific.
By same old people I meant Klingons, Romulans, and possibly old characters. More specifically races and cultures we already knew.

>people actually think it will have new crews every season
>people actually think it will be set between TUC and TNG

Ensign

>Muhammad - a devout and openly practicing Muslim that faces the hardships of the bigotry and marginalization that happened to followers of his religion 200 years ago, when a mean man said mean things about them

I hope they absolutely shit on the lore.
Lorefags don't realize they're the reason there hasn't been any star trek in so long.

There is so much considered canon that if the franchise is to continue they are going to have to bulldoze some shit
There is so little left in terms of ideas to start with, then you write a script and suddenly some small detail from a Tos ep ruins it because you scribbled over the venerated canon

L O L

This whole thread is golden. 14/88, brothers.

lol. Gene btfo

bashir was the first turbanwinder but they never brought it up plus julian is a european name so obviously it was implied he grew up in england with that accent

having a full blown backwards muslim would be very progressive

Fairly sure he was Indian heritage living in Britain? Don't think they ever said he was muslim.

Its probably not going to succeed and will fail like some other fellow Trekkies have said in this thread.