What does Sup Forums think of miami vice 2006?

what does Sup Forums think of miami vice 2006?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iHy_eet6eeA
youtube.com/watch?v=6WCKJ7KaIZY
youtube.com/watch?v=ead6vawuzjg
youtube.com/watch?v=MyG5SO1yVzA
youtube.com/watch?v=XIFuyF62TZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The film that separates the people who get what Mann is doing from those who are plebs.

Pretty awesome, though I didn't like how Tubbs was just kind of.. there. I never watched the TV show so I'm not sure if it was intentional, but this was very much Crockett's movie. I dunno, I thought it would be more about the duo. John Ortiz was great.

I'd say Blackhat is that film.

I like it a lot.

I should really stop putting off watching Blackhat

Blackhat is very very similar. Unfiltered Mann.

I literally finished watching Blackhat an hour ago, it's fucking great.

Thanks for the encouragement, boys.

i think the film itself is god

Is it actually? Because I gave it a miss because it literally just looked like one of those "old people fail to understand computers and hacking" movies.

That said I do love Hackers but it's the fun kind. Blackhat does not look like the fun kind.

Kind of a shit movie. The drama and characters never really catch, though there are some good looking sequences.

They had a golden opportunity to put in a line about how this nerdy hacker got super buff in jail but they squandered it

There's a couple of moments that a bit silly but they feel more of a shortening/simplifying of the process as opposed to a misunderstanding.

You may struggle to get over Hemsworth as a hacker though, his first few lines will put you off him.

It's not like a WE GOTTA CHASE THE HACKER WHO'S HACKING THE MAINFRAME WHILE ON A TABLET type of thing. The story is a pretty decent cat and mouse type of game where I think the most egregious "computer trick" was tricking a senior member of the NSA into revealing his password with a phish. Other than that, the movie is fairly above-board. The gunfights, man.

The only good scene is them taking a speedboat to Cuba.

Pretty trash.
There are idiots or trolls who will tell you it's a great film, or art, or somesuch, but there's nothing there.

What's the name of the song that plays during the opening boat-racing sequence?

>watching the extended cut

I've never seen this film. Is theatrical or directors better?

Both cuts are Mann's, and he says losing the boat race in the theatrical was a mistake, but I prefer the opening in the club to the boat race in the extended. The theatrical is more impressionistic with things implied while the extended seems to be Mann trying to make a more conventional film than the somewhat abstract theatrical cut.

I'll get the theatrical one then, thanks.

God like film, god like colin farrell

Loved it

Literal trash.
Nothing clever about it. Delusional to think there is any substance to it.
It's a shame because most of Mann's work I liked.

Collateral or Heat?

turned to shit fast.

mann's best film is heat

>tfw the plebs have arrived

itt: contrarians circlejerk about a generic film that is only special because it looks like a television drama

Started out good but it just became slow and pointless

had some great trailers

youtube.com/watch?v=iHy_eet6eeA

youtube.com/watch?v=6WCKJ7KaIZY

youtube.com/watch?v=ead6vawuzjg

don is the only Crockett.

its alright a nice after work chill movie

this guy gets it

I hated it but really liked Blackhat

What does that make me?

Moby feat. Patti Labelle - One Of These Mornings
some

It's pure

It's on that next level Kino feeling such as Refn's Only God Forgives and Snyder's Sucker Punch. Auteur filmmakers unleashing their total id on the screen. Pure.

one of the worst movies i've ever seen

It's not great. It's a perfectly adequate thriller like from 1998 with a chad hacker.

That's a different scene, the one where Crockett and Isabella are riding the boat to Cuba.

this

I watched it in a room full of people that were drinking and smoking. It didn't grab me.

I've heard good things about it since so I keep meaning to go back to it.

show me the scene and i help you out fagg

nononono...it's good. even from a tech perspective.

It works on every level it tries to go for.

I was the user who replied to you, but not the one who asked.

The boat scene at the beginning is only in the extended cut released on home video. I have it on my HDD so I'll check in a minute.

i dont have the movie and wont torrent it only for this lol watched it long time ago try find it on youtube or something

youtube.com/watch?v=MyG5SO1yVzA

Found it:
youtube.com/watch?v=XIFuyF62TZw

Seasons 4 and 5 of the original Miami Vice were mostly centered around Crockett but they are also considered to be the worst seasons.