United States and Canada union?

Sup Forums, explain me why this hasn't happened yet

What would happen if this meme picture were to become a reality? (aside from Canadians now having to pay a quadrillion dollars when they get sick and need medical assistance)

Other urls found in this thread:

excusemeareyougreek.com/2017/01/bye-felecia-told-speak-fing-english/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

canadians are gross

Why??

Canada is a glorious Kingdom headed by Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom, Canada and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

USA is a filthy Republic that actually, believe it or not, elects politicians to be their head of state

It hasn't happened because there is no reason for it to happen. Try to think of one advantage to a US-Canada Union that we don't already both have through our very close friendship.

We already share a common defense policy. We already have a free trade agreement. We already essentially share a culture. We already occupy roughly the same place on the global political spectrum, the vast majority of people in both of our countries speak English, the majority of people in both of our countries are protestants descended from the UK.......there is simply nothing compelling Americans and Canadians to unite. We're both very happy with the current situation, we get all the benefits of close cooperation without having to actually be in the same country.

I unironically love Canada in the same way that I love America. Your country is one of only a few in the entire world (along with the UK and possible Australia) that, if it was ever attacked, practically every American would immediately say "ok, who are we going to war with to fix this". I don't give a shit who you have on your currency, you're our brothers.

Canada-Mexico union is more likely to happen than us-canada

And even then it's very unlikely to happen,

As much as I hate Anglo Canadians, at least with them we can keep the French language. There is no chance we could do that with the United States of Degenerateland.

Americans haven't realised that Presidential Republics are 3rd-world tier.
Give it a few years.

y-you too!

They smell and they are still loyal to the queen

I want united states-russia union.

Americans decided to be niggers and betray their country because of taxes and some other stupid bullshit. It's their own fault North America doesn't look like this right now

I'm not mad, just disappointed

USA-Russia is the patrician national relationship. Remember when the Brits/French were threatening to attack us during the Civil War, and your based country sent their navy to our cities as a sign of support and get them to back off? Or when you sold us Alaska for cheap?

Then we gave you all the jets, trucks, guns, weapons, and fuel you needed to slaughter the German invaders. I don't think we should be formally united, we're too different culturally, but closer US-Russia relations would be very good. We're similar in the way that we are culturally caught between the cultures of Europe and the cultures of our own "frontiers". There is a lot of room for cultural and economic exchange between our countries.

Pretentious American college kids LOVE Russian culture, we go apeshit for Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, and a lot of our history students even have this sort of nostalgia for your Tsars.

I'm a little disappointed too, but you have to realize that the tragedy of the American Rebellion is a large part of what convinced the British to take a softer attitude towards the Canadians. It also indirectly led to the revolution in France that helped killed European feudalism. Ultimately, it was for the best for all of us. Plus we're all working together now and have been for the better part of 100 years, so it's not all bad.

ur gay :DDDD

Fair enough. It's just incredible to think how different things could have turned out if British Parliament had an ounce more self awareness and didn't try fucking over the colonists as bad as they did. It was a tough lesson learned I guess.

Yeah, I've thought about it sometimes. One one hand, the idea of a united anglo federation, in control with literally 50% of the world's coal supply, dominating the 19th century, is very appealing. We would unironically rule the world. The wildest fantasies of anglo ultranationalists like Alexander Hamilton and Cecil Rhodes would be realized.

But on the other, so many of the positive aspects of anglo culture (tolerance for free speech, free markets, stylish suits, etc.) were born out of the experiences of the wars of 1775-1815. Without them, it's very possible that Britain would have been just another reactionary European monarchy, and we'd all just be whiter versions of Latin America.

Did you know that many States had German as an official second landau up until WW2?

Aa a matter of fact, many Americans still speak German to this day, I don't believe French will receive such a hostile reaction

It will. And it will also never be equal to English. More people speak Spanish for example than French in US and Spanish isn't an official language yet. Here in our constitution French and English are equal.

>Spanish isn't an official language yet

>Did you know that many States had German as an official second landau up until WW2?

Yes, but this is very much an over-exaggerated fact. German was an "official second language" in many states because politicians wanted to throw a bone to immigrants in order to get votes. For example, in modern times, California has Chinese as an official second language. But this doesn't mean that more than a small minority of Chinese people speak it.

>Aa a matter of fact, many Americans still speak German to this day

Very, very few of them still do. It's, again, vastly over-exaggerated. Even in our most rural Midwestern towns, German is rare. It's easier to find people who speak Greek than it is to find people who speak German.

>Spanish isn't an official language yet

Well, it is and it isn't lol. Our federal system is very weird, states have a lot more autonomy than the states in many other federal countries like Germany/Canada/Australia. In my home state, Florida, Spanish is an official language. But at the federal level, we don't have any official language at all. In theory, there is nothing in the Constitution preventing a Congressman or Senator from doing his speeches entirely in Spanish, it just hasn't happened yet.

>It's easier to find people who speak Greek than it is to find people who speak German
No way

Well, it is for me, at least. I live in Manhattan and I can think of at least 3 restaurants where the staff speak Greek. But fuck if I know where to find some German speakers, I did some travelling around the Midwest (Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas) and found none.

That's a valid point I guess. Your country has built upon the premises of bilingualism and America is predominantly pushing English as the main and most important way of communication

talking about Greek language in America, this happened yesterday

excusemeareyougreek.com/2017/01/bye-felecia-told-speak-fing-english/