>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0mCY88iuzo0#t=134.358752
amazon.com/Chet-Atkins-Guitar-Play-Along-Leonard/dp/1458402991/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1483103230&sr=8-3&keywords=chet atkins guitar book
amazon.com/Complete-Chet-Atkins-Guitar-Method/dp/0786691476/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483103230&sr=8-2&keywords=chet atkins guitar book
youtube.com/watch?v=5nS8dL6YI38
a.clyp.it/tmlwbvp1.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=72cg_hWFQ-A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've got a vintage strat (pickups unmodified single coiled) and an ESP EC50. What is the next electric I should look at getting to add to my collection? I'm thinking maybe a Les Paul or a semi-acoustic like a Gretsch or Gibson ES

should I learn theory relating to guitar playing or music theory in general?

>a semi-acoustic like a Gretsch or Gibson ES

That's what I would go for. I would get an Epiphone Lucille for maximum tone variety abilities with the varitone switch.

4th for acousticore

fug

uke dude holdin' it down

reposting from previous thread #research #infogathering

hey guitar friends, a few questions for the performers among you

how does it feel to play live? i'm hoping to get on stage at some point in 2017 and i've never done it before outside of playing in recitals at school when i was around nine or ten. i spend all my free time watching shows and reading about musicians and it just looks like the best possible time a person can have. bring me back to reality and tell me what it's like for you

what stuff do you / does your band play when you perform live? do you sing or play any other instruments on stage too? what kind of gear do you use? how do you know when a show has gone well or gone badly? any standouts / horror stories? i want to hear about as much as i can

I've never played live but I fear my hands would become too shaky to even play my guitar. Is this a possibility to happen or irrational?

fuck yeah marc ribot

best guitarist in the fucking game

Learn everything

o-okay

>No matter how much you practice bass you'll never be this good and sing

youtube.com/watch?v=0mCY88iuzo0#t=134.358752

Most likely, do you have a specific example sound?

I've never played live but I jam with my friends quite a bit. I'm not sure what you've done and not, but jamming seems like a good start. Have you figured out if you actually enjoy playing in a jam/multiple people setting even? It should be the same minus stage fright.

$150 in Amazon gift cards.
What buy?
Hardmode.
No shitty practice amps or guitars. May exceed the $150 but not more than $200.
Don't fail me /gear general/

Heritage H-150

I play live around 3 times a week, I've had more bad shows than I can count, but we always have fun and just goof around on stage, we just play open mics around town and its always in front of the same 30 to 40 people that are also musicians in the local music scene

amazon.com/Chet-Atkins-Guitar-Play-Along-Leonard/dp/1458402991/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1483103230&sr=8-3&keywords=chet atkins guitar book

amazon.com/Complete-Chet-Atkins-Guitar-Method/dp/0786691476/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483103230&sr=8-2&keywords=chet atkins guitar book

I've heard a lot of good things about those joyo tube amps. So if you dont have a tube amp i would suggest one of those.

If you already have an amp, I would get a pedal (or maybe a few of those joyo pedals) but you can't really get any boutique pedals for 150$, so I'd probably go with something from EHX. unless you don't have a looper, get a looper.

Basically it really depends on what you do or don't have and what you need.

youtube.com/watch?v=5nS8dL6YI38
how do I go to a music shop and ask for a test drive and not look like those guys

I sing and play either electro-acoustic or electric.

I don't know about others, but I'm a slow starter.
I feel awful at first, so I always make sure we start with songs that are easy (not too high for the voice, and not too complicated for the guitar)
with a good rythm.
Basically a classic rock song with dem powerchords. Something easy to do and easy to like.

And then, I can be myself and play normally the other songs.

Of course it's just some performance in the middle of nowhere, but whatever.

Just mind the volume you're playing at and don't try to put on a show, not really hard to do so.

Don't they have rooms?

My local place has 3 semi soundproof room for test drives

Are the modern player series any good? I like the idea of a humbucker on a tele but the price tag (cheaper than standard fender strats/teles) is making me think that it's a subpar instrument.

Also anybody here used a HH tele before? how are they?

rate my bass playing a.clyp.it/tmlwbvp1.mp3

didnt really learn the song just watched a cover and went recording this

They suck, they're made in China in the same factory as the squiers. Basically rebranded squiers.

I want to buy a Vintage V100 as an a upgrade to my current LP copy but its string spacing is larger and i have small hands

FUUUUUUUUCK

Good, didn't even know those existed.

Saw these at a show last year, forgot all about them.

this is current one

It's from the same factories that make the Classic Vibe Squier's.
I own the Jazzmaster and it's bretty good desu.
Don't expect too much of it but the feedbacks I had were good.

>t. blooze lawyer that won't play on a sub $1500 guitar

the minimum is actually more around 1100$ tbqh

>paying Fender prices for Squier quality

Literally just paying for a decal dude.

I wouldn't pay more than €150 for a chinese guitar, they're ass.
(luthiers excluded, but if I'm going to buy from a luthier I'm buying local)

What brand/series is the current standard of electric guitar quality? The kind of guitar you might buy when you've been playing for a year and want to move up from a beginner guitar

The price is almost the same as the Classic Vibe Squier's and the models are pretty interesting (single/dual coil switch...)

your tone is good but I hate the sansamp style distortion which kinda ruins it. also please spare my ears and make your track stereo next time.

timing is usually good but sometimes sloppy during the more intricate parts. dynamic could also use some practice. overall your playing is good though, wouldn't complain if I heard you at a gig.

A varitone switch isn't gonna give you many tone varieties desu, they're shit

>that sweater
>that studio
>that guitar

this picture is kino

Finished my pedalboard, I'll tuck the cables underneath it and tidy it up a bit, but this is it.

Not this guy, I don't know about varitone, but I rewired my Strat with TBX, and despite all the hate I really like it.

What's been helping me is learning general music theory that can be used for any instrument, but also improvisation techniques for the guitar.

I tried Chinese pedals, some are great
I tried some pickups as well, and a few are actually good
I know there are some good amps as well

So, has anyone tried Chinese guitars?
(Like ordering one directly from China, not a branded one you buy in murrica)

guys how do I unlearn this shit
hands hurts like a bitch after playing for a longer while

No I haven't

where did you order them from

Heard many stories from people. Usually they use pretty good wood and materials in general but overall you can't really trust them to give a fuck about actually assembling the guitars properly. I'd buy a body and neck from China and use that as a platform, but not a complete guitar.

After learning classical guitar, my thumb had a rigid position.
Then I learnt some Hendrix parts and chords shapes.

I ordered my pedals and pickups from aliexpress, donnerdeals and the like

For pedals you can't go wrong with Joyo, donner/rowin (clones of mooer, which is already a clone), some Nux are good as well

Most of my pedalboard consists of 20€ pedals.

there's so many little things that guitar makers do wrong that would be fixed if they shamelessly copied companies like J.E.T guitars or Duesenberg

You shouldn't, you're just positioning wrong because it shouldn't hurt when you play.
If your position is right and comfortable then it boils down to you using too much pressure.
When you grip the guitar you shouldn't have to support the neck up with the left hand. This is best alleviated by tilting the neck at a 45 degree angle, this keeps it stable and the left hand can now focus solely on playing.

I'm sorry if I sound arrogant but I'm not about to learn classical guitar just so I can fix my retarded thumb
so I should only press on the neck with my 2-5 fingers without putting pressure from the thumb at all? seems like it would cause a lot of stability issues

There's not a single chord played with the thumb that couldn't be played without it.
Prove me wrong /gg/

Pro-tip: You can't.

You've got it backwards.
With classical guitar, my thumbs was rigid.

Trying to play and imitate Hendrix fixed my habit

oh, sorry

It shouldn't need to be a huge amount, I'm not sure how you're managing to injure yourself doing something that I've done for hours while practicing for recitals.
You're doing something wrong and change your left hand to a monkey grip will cripple your ability to stretch and you can no longer use the thumb as a pivot.

Do not buy theyre pretty much Squiers with a different name. MiM fenders are pretty good quality at this point avoid chinkshit if you're spending over $250 at all costs.

x
x
x

Well yeah, I guess it's the best way.
But I admit I wanted to try a LP, which makes things a little bit more complicated compared to a Strat.

You could probably barre the 2 nut-most frets with the first finger at an angle, relaxing it in the middle to mute the D string, fretting the rest with fingers 2, 3, and 4.

Fellow hitchhiker's thumb guitarist here. Grab your neck more lightly, and at an angle like said, your thumb shouldn't bend backwards like that.
The pressure on the strings should come from your fore-arm and not your fingers.

I can do that without the thumb, just barre sideways.

what are you playing on even, a ukulele ?

>what are you playing on even, a ukulele ?
Try it with your thumb on the other side of the neck. I think it's the only way to make that large stretch unless you have Vai hands.

i got this

youtube.com/watch?v=72cg_hWFQ-A

>they use pretty good wood

The thing that gets me is they seemingly have access to wood that looks amazing and is controlled in the US and Europe, then go and drill bridge holes 1/4 inch off centre

Cross fret barre between position VI/VII
That's a straight forward one.

Went into Duesenberg's website and got a hardon for the 49er. Will probably get that one if I ever spend a bunch of money on a guitar, sexy as fug

I often stretch across 5/6 frets (easier to skip string a 9th/3rd at the upper octave) and I really don't get how you'd fret that with your thumb, I can do 3-9 if I really stretch it out with my thumb on the back of the neck.
Also if you had a 7 string, you'd just do (8 x x x x 10 10) and it would put much less strain on your hands.

I'm not getting everything from your post but I'm guessing i should tilt my left hand more instead of making it near perpendicular to the fretboard and put more pressure on the fingers that are actually on the fretboard. thanks
I just googled hitchhicker's thumb and kek I thought it was normal.
okay then, how should I position my thumb? should it be more parallel to the neck?

If I cross barre I mute the high e string because the angle of your entire hand moves. Harder than it looks .

I'll give it a try in a couple minutes and post a pic when successful.

yeah nevermind I can get it to ring out but I have to put my thumb way back on the neck. I think it's easier to just use the thumb. Pat Metheny does it all the times for voicings like that.

Any good, cheap, pedalboards you'se guys can recommend? I don't feel like spending 100 bucks on aluminum and a bag from pedaltrain again

/gg/ on suicide watch

how will guitarists ever recover?

>I just googled hitchhicker's thumb and kek I thought it was normal.
I thought the same until people noticed it a few years ago and thought it was freaky.
Personally I have my neck at a 45° angle, and the thumb is simply pointing at the headstock, almost "fused" with the neck itself, and I use it as some sort of hinge/pivot point when going from the lowest strings to the highest.
No idea if this is the "proper classical" method of fretting since I've never taken any lessons, but it's what feels the best to me.

No issues for me, might just have to do with your hands or your guitar, I'm playing on a flat radius (16")

I hope you don't play vidya. Turn off angle snapping or get a better mouse.

why play vidya(or guitar for that matter) when I have based drums?

how does this make you feel, /gg/?

>sounds better than guitars
>looks better than guitars
>more fun to play
>lower learning curve but higher skill ceiling than guitar
>not every plays drums like guitar, guitar players are essentially normies by proxy
>in the long run you spend much less money on a drum kit than you would on guitars and their accessories
>you get ripped just by playing them
why haven't you put down your mememachines and picked up some drum sticks, /gg/?

Buy a second-hand one.
I bought an used Gator pedal tote XL for 40€

>and the thumb is simply pointing at the headstock, almost "fused" with the neck itself
tired doing it some time ago but kept going back to retard mode over and over again
guess I have to keep practicing

I'm 19 and thinking about learning how to play the guitar. Am I too old lads? I really want to be able to play an instrument, I would practice it for hours a day as I barely attend college and spend most of my days listening to music or watching films.

yeah you're too old, for guitar that is
pick up some drums and get to practicing!

>playing drums

>no space
>no money
>too much noise(not that I have a problem with this, but drums in an apartment is a bad idea)

The too old thing is a myth by people too lazy or too busy to practice. If you want to do it go for it.

Really? Drums seem so mundane though, I really want to play guitar. I understand I won't be some virtuoso but with some practice could I become good?

im not surprised that a guitarfag is a dumb frogposter quite honestly.
all bad excuses for why you want to remain an inferior guitarfag

wew it's time for that part of the thread where someone posts a metric fuckton of low quality bait

okay but setting up a nice loop and just drumming along is so fun

>drum player when mommy comes home and says she has a headache

>>>>>>>>>>>>
not bait, buttblasted guitar fag

Thanks man, think I will

I'd rather be gay than play this

beggars can't be choosers, not that it makes much of a difference, being as you already are a guitarfag which is inherently gay as fuck

what kinda mickey mouse ass band you gon' play in that's only got drums and nothin else nigga

a great one, banjo lips

>drum players when his roommates threaten to throw him out for banging on his primitive cling clang machines too much and he has to drop another grand on an electric set

>which is inherently gay as fuck
that's not what your girlfriend said after that all time low concert