Why did people not like Wesley Crusher?

Why did people not like Wesley Crusher?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Crusher#cite_note-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because he was the self insert of gene "wesley" roddenbury

He thought he was above the Starfleet mission, and humanity in general.

he is a pathetic weak boy who will bend his hands to agreed with a woman in hopes she'll bang him

He was terrible as a regular, but all of his episodes as a guest star are really good.

honestly its all in the way he speaks.

He was a precocious teen who, for no reason besides the captain being sweet on his mother, was given a commissioned officer's rank and made bridge crew on the Federation flagship.

because he's wil wheaton

Sheldor!

>Why did people not like Wesley Crusher?
cuz hes a humongous faggot who whined all the time

I am proud Sup Forums. Every single post so far is correct.

He was a tool of a character played by a twat with the most punchable face in the show.

I hate that I know this, but Captain Picard's best friend was Wesley's father, and was also killed during a mission where Picard had to make a choice which resulted in his death.

Don't know much about his character but he was kinda cute tho.

He inspired a generation of lesbian haircuts.

>spend the whole series developing his character to be a starfleet prodigy
>end it where he gives up his career to fly around with blue alien pedophile

fucking retarded.

didn't picard and beverly also have a relationship prior to the show as well? before she met her husband?

He still looks like a teenager. I think I'm experiencing some sort of reality bending bias here because that does not seem possible.

He got those recruits killed

Personally for me it was that he was given a sense of importance well beyond what an average teenager should have felt, also he was a bit of a dweeb. I think if he was just another character and more of a normal teenager than the whole "next step of humanity" thing he was implied to be the series would have been better for it.

did you guys really dislike him before the advent of the internet?

he was never a major part of the series.

Nepotism has no place in Starfleet, but this little bitch got to fly the fucking starship because he was Doc Crusher's kid and Picard wanted to play replacement daddy. How they bent rules for him over and over again even before he was revealed as some sort of nascent god was pathetic.

His hate was around well before the 'tubes, newfriend

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Crusher#cite_note-6

I didn't like him at first. But when he got his "promotion" I actually started to warm up to him.

Then he got a student killed, lied about it, betrayed starfleet, and the only reason he told the truth was because Picard said he'd tell starfleet what happened if Wes didn't. Then he betrayed his friends and comrades.

At least the leader of the group was loyal and brave enough to take all the blame. And the qt's episode later on she redeemed herself, I was sad when she died.

Whats the worst Wesley episode?

>Episode entitled "Where No One Has Gone Before"
>Space alien is simply entitled "The Traveler" as if he's constantly on the run / moving from one place to the next
>Has very careful, almost whispery conversations with Wesley about how he's special
>Stares at him with a creepy affection in every scene

WTF were they thinking with this character?

i only hate him because he reminds me of people who are just naturally much smarter than me and get jelly.

lots of adults still look like teenagers-- me for instance, face is the same as when I was 16 except for less pimples and more hair and lines in my forehead please help they won't go away and I'm only 27

Wesley was at the least cute age. No longer a kid, not yet a teenager. Horrible awkward pretty pubescent phase.

Not to mention his insufferable "Golly gee, I just want to be the best darn child prodigy I can be!" Schtick.

How's Google translate working for you? Not great? I never would have guessed

i think picard didn't meet her until after she was with wesley's dad

>get friendzoned
>"accidentally" have competition die
>little fuck son thinks he can run the ship.
>fire his mom
>about to turn him in for covering up committing fucking manslaughter.
why is picard so based?

Stop making faces and squinting. Take cold showers.

He made the crew seem like idiots, his episodes weren't about him growing as much as him being better than everyone around him, and he left Starfleet to get molested by the Diddler.

Hyperthermia therapy also helps create heat shock proteins which will increase blood flow to the outer layers of the epidermis through the capillaries
Aerobic exercise in small spurts like 15-20 minutes also increases oxygen saturation as well as helps endothelial cell growth
Cold showers do the same thing saunas do but from within the body itself reacting to a lower temperature
Alkaline and pescetarian diet (fish and vegetables - low sugar and grains) will lower inflammation which leads eventually to, among many other more important things, skin irritation and dryness

>which leads eventually to, among many other more important things, LESS skin irritation and dryness*

fixed it, thanks

Are you kidding? He was hated with a passion the first episode which was in the 1980s

the internet existed then and trek fans, being early adopters of technology, were all to a man using it and having their opinions corrupted by the hivemind. wes crusher did nothing wrong, he was just the first target of the internet hate machine.

Because he was an awkward dweeb and I didn't want to be reminded of myself when watching a show.

Never watched much star trek but apparently reddit is insane over Will Wheaton.

Watched a few of his videos online and he seems like an insufferable nu-male "lol super geek!" doucheburger

Am i missing the appeal or...?

He was the Mary Sue that started all Mary Sues

He's a smart, handsome, tolerant, and talented guy who doesn't hate women like GamerGate does. He deserves respect and admiration.

I thought he was cool, but then again, I was a child when I used to watch that show.

That guy called The Traveler definitely wanted to have sex with him.

Star Trek didnt invent mary sues you ignorant nerf hurter.

>be me
>don't watch star trek until about a year ago
>watch nearly all Next Generation episodes
>dislike Wesley heavily, only second to the doctor that replaces his mom
>he becomes space god randomly

ok I guess

Denial is the first step

classical jealousy, kids wanted to be in his place

>wil wheaton is so sick of people telling him "Shut up Wesley" that he's about ready to start physically attacking people

You gonna be the first? I dare you to step up. Wil works out three times a week.

The Deep Space 9 Kids were much better.

They did.

Mary Sues come from specific women writing fanficiton of TOS, the same place the original 'slash' fiction a.k.a. gay shipping came from.

>inb4 nig and nog comment

Beverly Crusher was 9 years old when Picard took command of the Stargazer.

I didn't mind him but i wish his character was more consistent.

At times he comes off as a truly gifted genius that is destined to make a huge impact on the world and the next episode he is a naive kid that is discovering his dick for the first time and doing things o genius would ever do.

Agreed

Oh wow, this is worse than Picard saying "Yes, Beverly, but Who Watches The Watchers?!?!"

Wesley was a miscalculation. Kids want to imagine /themselves/ on the Enterprise or being the Captain. Executives decide to add a "relatable" kid to the crew which backfires horribly because he's great at everything without ever struggling and is given an absurd promotion without earning it. The viewer has only contempt for the little know-it-all.

He's terrible in season 1. But ok afterwards.

He smoked some peyote and nearly caused a war with the Cardassians, for one. This was also one of the cringiest scenes in TNG, and that's saying a lot.

The best kid role model on TNG was the autist who decided to impersonate Data because he had deep emotional scars. If it weren't for that episode, I'd probably be autistic today.

I think I remember that one, the one who was going to take the blame, well his actor went on to play Tom Paris in Voyager. I think it would have been cool to have him play as that guy from the TNG episode since their characters did mesh up really nicely.

Same, Wesley was pretty chill after season 1, but everything after that one episode just made him irredeemable.

Re-using the character would mean paying royalties to the writers of that episode. Since the producers didn't want to do that, they changed the name and got away with paying nothing.

Underrated post

Dukat best space Jesus

strange
im pretty sure this is what triggered me copying data and dressing up as him for halloween partys at school a couple years.

then getting star trek shit for my birthdays from other kids.

>tfw you saw the episode too late