youtu.be/OvOw4IIKvow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it interests me :)

It's visceral
Not everyone likes it, to them it may be boring
To me it isn't ;)

It's for uni freshers trying to seem cool mate

It's supposed to be dance music.

it's supposed to be repetitive, which many people find boring if they're not autistic or on mdma

as a top autismo i luv it

DO YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER OFF ALOOOOOOONE

that's more techno-pop

Mate
It's trance

>Ripatti
>Basic Channel
>techno
taht's the joke, right?

>starting genre arguments about genres that are extremely similar

*grabs popcorn*

>extremely similar
Sure some techno and trance overlap but when you look at trance and techno as a whole, they are distinctly different.

i honestly don't understand how to articulate the differences between electronic genres so genre wars confuse and scare me

i know underworld is techno and hallucinogen is trance and whichever it sounds more like that's what it is. then if it sounds artsy and undanceable then it's ambient techno. if it sounds like shpongle it's psytrance

genres are the worst

Born Slippy by underworld sounds like trance to me, but wikipedia says it's both techno and hard trance, guess hard trance is where trance and techno cross over

It's hard to explain genres but after listening to them all for a long time (and remember to look up everything you listen to on discogs to know what genre it is), you will just be able to tell.

techno is great club music, at home it really is boring

how is basic channel not techno?

dont really think it matters anyway, its just made up terms by journalists for the sake of marketing and cataloguing

>listening to techno
>not listening to psytrance
>not listening to gabber and all the genre that came from it
>not listening to tribecore

Why are you not participating in the best electronic community. Maybe you like memes too much.
IDM community is next on the list.

thats tech house

i can smell u from over here u disgusting fuck

>gabber
kys

:)

it's called ((((((((((minimalism))))))))))

man dancing to good techno in a club with a nice soundsystem is like a purifying tribal ritual for me. Its the best.

Examples of good techno?

youtube.com/watch?v=qR-H36Vgr00

I mean it's repetitive and often quite long, so if that quantifies as "boring" to you then maybe.

I prefer house-influenced techno (or vice versa) than straight up techno
youtube.com/watch?v=L2aUMxR2tUo&

I can smell your weakness from over here you little faggot
I bet you're the same who rage about harsh noise. Useless pricks

t.

Oh shit. OP here. Gonna mix this into some other track next time I DJ, thanks

(You)

Techno is the type of music you listen too walking down the streets of france in a manthong

Why are you posting picture of people from the techno community ? it's not helping your point

>MIDI
in the trash it goes

>walking down the streets of france
Techno is frown upon here t b h

Is moby techno?

For me it provokes fantasies. I don't like music I can't imagine something to.

To me it's an experience. Like any experience you can spoil it for yourself before you actually experienced the experience. I listen to it over headphones though because I don't want to be seen with it. I also don't go to electronic happenings so much because I am disgusted by the stench of sweat, drugs and vomit.

Some of his early stuff is techno. Then he became known for his boring downtempo. But he had a few banging tunes, i really like Feeling So Real

>the point of music is to be in a cool fan club
im not participating because you cant be on drugs forever

>implying that's what i meant
>implying techno can be bearable without the help of drugs

1) reads like music as social signifier accessory is exactly what you meant
2) techno is beyond bearable unless you're so turbo-pleb that you can't into reichean minimalism

yes

I need some raggacore.

What about dis?: soundcloud.com/emptiness_music/empti-rawness-ugly-wmn

youtube.com/watch?v=fXwovlyfLf4
whats wrong with this guys

it's social music that is meant to serve a function within a relatively specific environment (the club). it doesn't really have the same impact outside of that environment, although it can still be very useful/entertaining/moving.

I'm not talking about music as a social signifier but as a medium for social encounter. But this confusion does not suprise me coming from someone who "enjoy* techno, who is largely known for it's superficial community.

Your second point doesn't make sense, all electronic music that is supposed to make you dance is minimalist in the way that it is repetitive.

>music as a medium for social encounters
sorry pal, i just like music, minimalist music (which psytrance is certainly not because it sounds like sonic hedgehog catchphrases sung through through a plastic trumpet). hard to see how just liking music is superficial but maybe if you one day manage to stop using music as mere social lubricant to fit in with bike messengers you'll find that your scenes built around shipping niche dj's are secondary to the music itself

nihilism is a tired aesthetic and hardly even applies to techno imo

Came out of my K hole to post this!

So you're trying to make me believe that you go to a techno club/concert/rave to enjoy the music, wihtout drugs, without talking to anyone, in the sole and only purpose of having a great time by yourself ?

And come the fuck on, you're clever enough to see that psytrance is as minimalist as techno only a lot faster. Same with the other style that I talked about in the original post.

Is bike messengers an insult ? are you seriously thinking that these type of people come at the raves ? Maybe it's like this where you're from but not where I live.
Shipping niche dj's is not a valid point when you talk about a rave since people come for dancing and dropping drugs.
Shipping niche dj's is still not a valid point if you talk about a legal festival, just look at the number of people who go to thoses.

In all honestly all the thing you're talking about in your post define the techno community. Maybe it's because techno is big in my city desu...

Great, now elevate to DMT. We are waiting for you.

>So you're trying to make me believe that you go to a techno club/concert/rave to enjoy the music, wihtout drugs, without talking to anyone, in the sole and only purpose of having a great time by yourself ?
fkin lmaooo, it's hilarious that you think this is literally impossible and also further hilarious that it perfectly proved my point-- i'm not trying to make you believe anything about my modes of consumption (this is the internet), i'm just trying to suggest the trve kvlt way is to just enjoy music for its formalist aesthetic value and not for the genre frat house that you get to pledge to after subjecting yourself to enough hi-passed bass drums and clown horns at 2500 beats per minute

What the actual fuck ? Frat house ? What are talking about ?
I do not think it is impossible just hard to believe with a genre like that.

With the way you're talking about music you seem like a gabber/tribecore enthousiast, but you're listenening to techno. I didn't think people like this existed in the techno scene.
Maybe you'll get enough of it and turn to the other side.

Stop arguing about pointless shit you fucks and discuss techno.

Any 2016 recs? Techno AOTY? What did yall think of Prince of Denmark?

>the video of the track has a picture of its cd or vinyl

dropped

>youtube.com/watch?v=w3bGSsc8vwM

>not listening to progressive house

where's the beat drop lol ?
fucking plebs
if you want good electronic music listen to Monstercat

Hmu with some essential techno tracks pls

Yeah, if all you listen to is the avant-teen, repetitive, "atmospheric" stuff.

some good EPs:
youtu.be/pehAHGSJaJY
youtu.be/6iXFgkhNbF8
youtu.be/qXG6-VO3-_0
youtu.be/OvOw4IIKvow

>he consumes techno music through the same methods of experience and expectation of entertainment as he would an episode of the big bang theory
well there's your problem

>>the video of the track has a picture of its cd or vinyl
>dropped
confirmed for never listening to techno ever

I mean it's pointless if you just listen to it from your computer or phone speakers at home. You need at least a decent pair of speakers (not talking anything super fancy) or headphones, but I enjoy it very much like that. Actually, I've only gone once or twice to a place where they actually played quality techno live, it was very enjoyable, but as I said, I really do like homelistening as well