Why did she keep the babadook in her house i don't understand

why did she keep the babadook in her house i don't understand

Why does she keep her screeching autist?

The Babadook had a fat cock

She was the shrieking autist the whole time.

why does she feed him

he killed her dog god dammit

I hate this fucking movie and I hate its idiot fans.

Because you never your grief over the passing of someone you love never really ends, and its about taming it and trying to move on.

i don't get why people hate this movie. I was really impressed with the concept and actually got my jimmies rattled several times - which never happens to me anymore with horror movies.

>long-winded pointless obvious metaphor

Not your fault the question was asked, but fuck this movie.

This. Best horror movie in a long ass fucking time. In my top 10 horror movies for sure. Havent felt atmosphere like that since signs or the ring

>i don't get why people hate this movie.
Because the bad thing about word of mouth is that it creates expectations.

Sup Forums was full of people claiming it was the spoopiest movie ever.

because then there wouldn't be a movie, now fuck off.

People who hated the kid just aren't educated enough about films to realise that he pulled off his role perfectly.

Yeah it sucked. So did it follows. Horror really shows how many shit underage opinions flow around TV

babadook is a tremendous terror/horror film, but it is not slasher of any sort which I feel like people may have expected and were disappointed with.

Allegory for her dead husband and the grief his death spawned
God Sup Forums is so full of plebs that they can't understand the most basic of horror movies

It was very suspenseful and full of anticipation. Kinda like how I was anticipating being scared, but it never happened. Talk about quality filmmaking.

What sucked about it?
I didn't think it was 10/10 best movie ever like a lot of people, but I thought it was a pretty good movie.

Because metaphors, pleb. Babadook was the grief she would always live with over the loss of her dog.

this is like really shitty middle school tier drawing

who the fuck promotes garbage movies like this

It wasn't real. You can't get rid of a mental disorder.

Literally nobody went to see The Babadook expecting a slasher film.

The only thing more retarded than people who didn't get the most hamhanded metaphor in cinema in the 21st century are those who think they're intelligent for figuring it out.

>you think you're smart huh? i hate smart people, fucking smart fuckers being intelligent and not retarded

There was no book. There was no monster. The Babadook is about a crazy woman abusing her kid.

No, I don't think anyone who figures out the big metaphor is smart. You sure for me.

Why are you upset that all I feel is disgust for those who waste time watching 'cinema' and can't comprehend it instead of feeling proud that I can?

Why does the Babadook look spookier here than in the film?
Let's see your drawings then

The important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to both.

Who here bust out laughing when the monster started making those generic b-movie monster noises?

What scenes? I didnt feel that at all, just dull all around with uninspired ending

It really sucks to be a huge fan of horror because 99% of the movies that come out are just disgustingly awful. They were original, unique and a breath of fresh air. Were they perfect? Nope. But i'll take it.

Because you can't get rid of The Babadook

Because you can't get rid of the babadook. It's in his book. The kid reminds her and she comes up with a /devilish/ plan. Can't get rid of the babadook? Fuck your babadook. Eat worms. No one is afraid of you anymore.

She cucked the babadook.

That was the point. It's from the late night TV she had been watching.

REMINDER

- The Babadook is patrician tier horror.
- It Follow's is shit tier

I think the books were real. Remember that she was a children's book author?
In her psychosis, she drew the books out of grief of her dead husband, subconsciously picked it out when she read it to her kid, and even had the charcoal on her hands to prove it (at the police station). She fetched it (in an altered mind - can't sleep) when the book showed up on her doorstep. Then she made the second book.

>babadook
>slasher

Wat bro? Nobody expected a slasher

No people that hated it probably don't enjoy listening to a kid scream for two hours. I had a headache by the time that movie was over and I don't ever get headaches unless I have a hangover. The movie was good if it was not for that shit. I have no desire to ever watch that movie again.

3dooky5me

It follows is about the shame of being a giant fucking whore following a disgusting lower class slut around.

The babadook is way better.

Don't compare It Follows to this shit show.

Praising mediocre stuff isn't helping the genre, same goes for comedy. Ill just keep calling shit shit

Nice green text

I think it follows is worse honestly

It follows was garbage

>youre a faggot

better?

Nice reddit formatting

I liked It Follows and The Babadook, but they're different types of movies in my eyes. It Follows wasn't anywhere near as atmospheric or scary as The Babadook (I'm not over spoopifying The Babadook, but It Follows wasn't scary)

The VVitch was a million times better than both

For me personally, it was the performance of the mother and how she reacted to the strangeness of both her child, and all the spooky phenomena she experienced, ie the horror of the story book coming true. That's what it was about for me. Just concept really - because it inflames my own imagination.

I didn't really care about the monster in particular the 'babadook'. i think possibly the corniness of the the monster is supposed to highlight the fact thats It's not about the specific monster, its about the madness induced by the horror/strain of the situation. The acting performance and atmosphere of the movie just really hit home for me.

The ending was kinda senseless, ill admit that, but again, i didn't care that much, because i was already rattled by all the drama. Anyway, i think it probably was over hyped and that's why it left a bad taste in peoples mouths. If you view it without any preconceived notions, it actually is a unique and compelling movie. It's definitely not 'shit' at the very least.

>I-It's supposed to b-be bad!

The mental gymnastics people will pull for this movie, I swear to god.

He didn't say it was bad. Was the kid unbearable? Yes. Would the movie have been better if he was some six year old ranger that solved the plot? No. You fucks would have been complaining it was unrealistic.

>tfw no wtich gf
;_;

>bad?
are you literally a nigger?

he was portraying a child with special needs .. you should be able to identify with that.

This movie was fucking horrible. Waste of an hour before i shut it off
Right on the money

>le so deep metaphor
>annoying kid
>long
>boring
>literally nothing happens

>he's supposed to be annoying garbage so its good
Kill urself my man

I didn't expect a slasher, I expected something or anything to happen. I got a crappy hamfisted metaphorlike It Follows' AIDS thing, except IF had a handful of actual 'things' tossed in

Go to bed jennifer

So like, does it become her pet at the end of the movie? Is that why she feeds it?

His performance doesn't make the movie good either dickhead.

Good actor in a shitty movie, whoopdy doo

did you even watch?

It's to show that she can never entirely get rid of the stress of being a mother but she can learn to cope with it.

Yeah but I didn't ask what it means, is it her pet now? Why does it eat worms?

I saw it on netflix without ever having heard of it before and hated it. Just because its mediocre in a time when most horror movies are shit doesnt mean its good.

>Why does it eat worms?
single mothers aren't the wealthiest

Agreed, it was an amazing movie I thought. Good to know some people here still have taste.

ever since the movie i've been thinken about how i'll never meet someone as cute as anya.
just end it already.

It's these types of questions that expose what a shitty metaphor the movie has. There was a hundred ways to show that the Babadook will always be there as grief without resorting to keeping it as a fucking pet and feeding it worms.

Atleast they were actually unsettling unlike Conjuring, Paranormal Activity, every slasher flick including Elm St, Halloween, and Friday the 13th

Don't worry, shit taste will always be alive with you around

>tfw paranormal activity scared me the most of all spoopy movies
and i am ashamed to admit why.
i aws browsing the web for spooky ghost stuff and came across this vid called "paranormal activity" and i legit thought it was an actual home made tape til about 3/4 of the way in but by then the fear had already taken a hold of me with its wet, clammy hands.

>unsettling
>a retarded kid crying for 2 hours while his mom mopes around

its locked away in a basement pushed deep down and locked away----please tell me you understand the underlying meaning.

But what are worms? Worms are the slithering scary slimey critters that lie beneath just under the nice clean cut grass.-----are you understanding yet?